“Don't bother” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chesapeake Motel

Chesapeake Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grasonville
Chesapeake Motel
You added Chesapeake Motel to your Saves list
107 Hissey Rd., Grasonville, MD 21638   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Grasonville
Mangilao, Guam
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

I really had no choice but to stay at this place but it wasn't worth the money I paid. Over 70.00 total for 2 people. The television wasn't working, they only supply you with one roll of toliet paper, and the spray they used to freshen up the room smelled like old man cologne. THis place is so old you can actually smell the rust in the water. I'm sorry but this place needs to be torn down and rebuilt or they need to change the room price to 15.00 a night. If you have a choice and can afford it pay the extra for someplace else!!!!

Stayed November 2008

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lehigh Valley, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

This motel is very modestly priced for the area it is in. If you are just passing through for a night, this place will do as long as you are not bothered by very modest accomodations. The room was clean but some lights didn't work, there were no towels and no cups and no TV remote. Rather than take care of these problems, they gave us a different room, which had the above mentioned items but had a door that opened directly to the adjoining room. The door bolt didn't work so the only lock on the door was a door knob switch. The door itself was not solidly shut because of the non-working bolt. I complained and was told that they would not rent out the adjoining room. However, when we returned around midnight from the show we went to, surely enough there were people staying in the adjoining room and all of the other rooms were filled. We had no problem with the persons in the other room, however, most people would be quite unhappy with this situation. Again, if you are looking to save quite a bit of money compared to the few other motels in this area, you will be satisfied if you demand corrective measures and don't trust them like we did.

Stayed November 2007

Travelers are raving about these Grasonville hotels

Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

We first thought oh-oh... but the rooms were clean and the restaurant nearby offered really good food. We would not spend a week here but spending the night passing through wasn't too bad at all.

Stayed April 2007
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

One star rating is too good for this DUMP. We made plans to stay here in Oct. so we could enjoy the reception at a family wedding on Kent Island. Unfortunately, most area hotels were booked because of the Annapolis Boat Show, so we were stuck with this place. Not too bad, I thought when I booked it, I just needed a place to change clothes and sleep off a little partying. I am not picky, it just needs to be clean and quiet. I was shocked and horrified when I walked in the room. I was just sick to my stomach when I walked in the bathroom. Room was filthy. Obviously had not seen ANY housekeeping in a long while. The toilet had NOT been cleaned (no need for further explanation there). A wash cloth and used soap were still in the tub. The ceiling was hanging with exposed wires and broken paddles. We pulled back the sheets and...guess what...HAIR!!! Well, needless to say, we tried changing rooms, the second room was no better except that the toilet had been cleaned. I could not stay in this place so we decided to drive home after the wedding.

This place is just gross, gross, gross.

Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2006

I was told by a relative that another family member stayed there and that the motel was clean, reasonable but old. The old part is the only correct statement they made. I originally booked for two nights and decided to leave, rather than spend another night there. I requested to be moved from my first room, because there wasn't any electricity. I again requested to move from my second room because of the conditions, the heater knob was missing and couldn't turn on the heat. We found food in the microwave when trying to find the remote, and the toilet wasn't flushed. The third room was barely tolerable, but it was too late to make other arrangements. None of the three rooms were clean, which is the only thing I really require. The upgraded third room, upgraded used because that is what they called it, had blankets on the bed, unlike my previous rooms which just had a spread. I don't recommend this to anyone and seriously wonder why it remains open. The irony is, when I returned home and went online to look up hotels for my next visit, I found that the Best Western was actually less expensive, if you are able to use a govt/military discount. They offer other discounts as well. I am sure this is the case for many other motels as well. The only thing I can recommend is; do your own research and spend theextra money if need be for the sake of a good nights sleep. To be fair I should mention that the desk persons were pleasant and accomodating, but obviously that doesn't clean the room.

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2006

We had to travel to Stevensville, MD for a family affair and coming from out of town found the Chesapeak Inn in Grasonville, Md. on line and booked a room for two nights stay. We were told the place was old but clean. This was very much not the case. They said the rooms in the rear of the Motel were renovated and after looking at the older room in the front of the motel and saw the ceiling hanging down we took the room in the so called renovated section. It was dark and dirty. We had various problems which I do not want to go into but I just wish there had been a write up on this place before we booked our stay there. We just don't want anyone else to have to go through this and have the added insult of having to pay for it too. Thank you.

Been to Chesapeake Motel? Share your experiences!