“DO NOT STAY HERE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chesapeake Motel

Chesapeake Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grasonville
Chesapeake Motel
107 Hissey Rd., Grasonville, MD 21638   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Grasonville
Stevensville, Maryland, United States
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

First and foremost, we purchased our room for 55 dollars a night. After entering the room we discoverd to our HORROR a filthy, smokey run down room with the cieling collapsing, exposed electrical wires and a filthy bathroom. The place obviously had not been cleaned for YEARS. After expressing my concern, I was told that the room is AS IS and I would have to deal with it!!! DO NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT stay here! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Please do not stay at ANY room at this motel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brasilia, DF
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I rented a room for just one night. When i entered the room, I couldn´t believe what I saw. There was rust on the bathroom hardware, the room smelled bad, the furnitures were old, the were insects on the beds. To make the long story short, I didn´t stay there. I put my luggages back in the car and went to Holliday Inn Express not to far from this motel. This motel should be imploded.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Very cheap, close to highway, rooms clean, nice service, cheap.............good place to stop for a rest, Restuarant on Premises

• Stayed July 2008
Mangilao, Guam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

I really had no choice but to stay at this place but it wasn't worth the money I paid. Over 70.00 total for 2 people. The television wasn't working, they only supply you with one roll of toliet paper, and the spray they used to freshen up the room smelled like old man cologne. THis place is so old you can actually smell the rust in the water. I'm sorry but this place needs to be torn down and rebuilt or they need to change the room price to 15.00 a night. If you have a choice and can afford it pay the extra for someplace else!!!!

Stayed November 2008
Lehigh Valley, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

This motel is very modestly priced for the area it is in. If you are just passing through for a night, this place will do as long as you are not bothered by very modest accomodations. The room was clean but some lights didn't work, there were no towels and no cups and no TV remote. Rather than take care of these problems, they gave us a different room, which had the above mentioned items but had a door that opened directly to the adjoining room. The door bolt didn't work so the only lock on the door was a door knob switch. The door itself was not solidly shut because of the non-working bolt. I complained and was told that they would not rent out the adjoining room. However, when we returned around midnight from the show we went to, surely enough there were people staying in the adjoining room and all of the other rooms were filled. We had no problem with the persons in the other room, however, most people would be quite unhappy with this situation. Again, if you are looking to save quite a bit of money compared to the few other motels in this area, you will be satisfied if you demand corrective measures and don't trust them like we did.

Stayed November 2007
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

We first thought oh-oh... but the rooms were clean and the restaurant nearby offered really good food. We would not spend a week here but spending the night passing through wasn't too bad at all.

Stayed April 2007
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

One star rating is too good for this DUMP. We made plans to stay here in Oct. so we could enjoy the reception at a family wedding on Kent Island. Unfortunately, most area hotels were booked because of the Annapolis Boat Show, so we were stuck with this place. Not too bad, I thought when I booked it, I just needed a place to change clothes and sleep off a little partying. I am not picky, it just needs to be clean and quiet. I was shocked and horrified when I walked in the room. I was just sick to my stomach when I walked in the bathroom. Room was filthy. Obviously had not seen ANY housekeeping in a long while. The toilet had NOT been cleaned (no need for further explanation there). A wash cloth and used soap were still in the tub. The ceiling was hanging with exposed wires and broken paddles. We pulled back the sheets and...guess what...HAIR!!! Well, needless to say, we tried changing rooms, the second room was no better except that the toilet had been cleaned. I could not stay in this place so we decided to drive home after the wedding.

This place is just gross, gross, gross.

Stayed October 2005

Been to Chesapeake Motel? Share your experiences!