“Not for tall people” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2541 Chestnut Ridge Road, Grantsville, MD 21536 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Grantsville
Ithaca, New York
“Not for tall people”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Clean, standard hotel...but, not designed for tall people. Like entering a slightly smaller parallel universe. I am 5'7 and my husband 6'2". MY feet hung over the end of the bed, and my head was above the level of the shower head. I could use the mirror, but my DH had to bend over to see to shave. He didn't fit on the bed even diagonally. Weird. Never had a stay in a hotel like this before.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Check in was very quick and staff was nice. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I had trouble with the wi-fi and the lady down stairs helped me with the connection. Never could get facebook at the hotel room. The first day breakfast was good. The second day the round eggs were soaking in something and the sausages were swimming around. Many guests looked and walked away. I told the lady about it. The coffee and waffle were good both days. The ceiling tile in the bathroom was leaking and we called the office. I saw the maid and the maintenance man in the hall soon after I called and they knew about the problem.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Versailles, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I violated their no pets policy when I brought my cat into our room. No contact, no communication, just a $350 charge on my business charge card. Pretty raunchy in my opinion. They don't have to concern themselves with providing an service for me ever again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
travelreviewer2, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the issue you had with being charged a pet fine on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the staff, but they was only doing their job as dirrected by management. There are signs on all entrances into the hotel stating that we do not accept pets and when you sign in upon check in you sign the folio paper stating that you agree to a $350 pet fine for having a pet in the hotel that is not a service dog due to a no pet policy.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Grantsville.

Kind Regards,

Dave Patel
Comfort Inn, Grantsville MD
301-895-5993
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

A good place to stay while visiting Falling Water. The check in clerk seemed a bit disinterested. Located just off the highway, but it was quiet and I slept well. The room was on the small size for a king bed room. Breakfast was filling but average.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mason, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Right next to I-68. Clean modern rooms, bathrooms are very clean. Decent breakfast as well. Did not use the pool personally, but checked it out and it was pretty good looking. Nice little den area with fireplace to just sit and chat with friends. And, coffee available all day long.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I travel a bit, my friend and I were on our way to DC from the mid west and decided to stop for the night. They do offer AAA discounts which lowered the price from the Internet price. You may want to call them directly for the best rate before booking on line.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Fredon, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I am a choice rewards member and usually stay at Choice hotels. This one was very average. Looked ok upon check in, and when in a pinch late at night and tired, it sufficed. Three complaints I would have are:
1. It's overpriced
2. The beds are small (doubles, not queens) and I kept rolling into my husband. I guess it could have been worse if it was firm, at least it was sort of soft.
3. For some reason the heat made all kinds of noise, and we also heard all kinds of other types of noises throughout the night, but we have no idea what it was... (dings, mechanical sounding whir, etc)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!