“Do not stay here! This hotel give Hampton Inn and bad name, and I stay at Hamptons all the time.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie

Special Offer
Earn 2x Points
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

This hotel is in a bad area - actually located in a strip mall, its run down, room was dirty, sink didnt drain, and the staff is useless. I stay at Hampton's 3 nights a week and this is one of the worst Ive seen. Stay somewhere else if at all possible.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brandon, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

These people are very inconsiderate, I fell in the shower and hurt my neck, they have no dr care set up, had to pay up front 375, got back and that was was the end of it, no one asked me for a week if I was OK, I had to chase down my money, I still havent seen my money, no iron in room, no remote, cleaning staff knocked on door as they were intering at 8:15 AM in the morning and Not once but both days, nothing said from office. I would not advise anyone to stay there until they change mgr. and straighten up and tread people like they should. Bussiness center , one computer very slow in right at counter.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel for many nights over the course of 2+ years. It's one of the few hotels in Glen Burnie, MD. The hotel is ok and is a pretty decent value if you just need to stay somewhere in the area. They provide access to a local Bally's you can walk to. Panera Bread is across the parking lot. Starbucks is close too. Krispy Creme across the street. That's about it for the highlights.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Franklin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

We stayed there for Spring Break on a last minute change of plans. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. The hotel is being renovated but we stayed at one of the newer rooms. We didn't really hear any contruction or renovation noise throughout our stay. For Easter breakfast, the breakfast ladies even gave my 2 boys some special treats. Upon our return the next evening, they even gave us a refrigerator to use for free (we didn't get a suite). The location is great for going around the Baltimore and Washington D.C. area. Thank you very much to the Hampton Inn Staff at Glen Burnie for making our stay special.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

It was a pleasure to stay in a hotel where the staff was respectful and listened to your needs. We were expecting a different type of room, but was accommodated instantly. There was suppose to be a pull-out bed/couch for visitors that we were expecting and the hotel jumped right in and were going to provide that from another room if needed. We didn't need it, but the hotel staff was ready and willing to make it happen. The free breakfast isn't fantastic, but you can find something to hold you over until lunch. The room was very clean. The staff was phenomenal.

Thank you for a great stay. We look forward to using this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

I have stayed in many Hampton Inns and this one is by far the worse! The hotel is in a mall. Not very pleasant on the outside at all. The room is very small. The bathroom is designed for a midget. I'm not kidding! I'm 5'3 and I had to bend all the way down to wash my face in the sink. And when I sat on the toilet, my hands almost touched the floor it was so low. I had my 16 year old son with me and he wanted to order a pay per view movie on television. Well, guess what? They don't have pay per view, just the regular TV channels. Even the sleeziest hotels offer pay per view. The good things I have to say about the hotel is that the room was clean, they provide free wireless internet service, and it's very conveniently located. Every place you can imagine is around here. Outbacks, Wendys, IHOP, KFC, Mcdonas, Checkers, Taco Bell, Food Lion, Giant, K-mart, Walmart (regular and Super). Overall on a scale of 1-5, I would rate it a 2 and for the price, you can definitely do better.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

I stayed at the Glen Burnie Hampton Inn because I figured I'd take advantage of their rates, which were lower than comparable hotels nearer to BWI. I needed free internet access and free access to toll free calls, which I knew Hamptons provided.

I was surprised at how long it took to drive from the airport rental car area to the hotel, and two days later, how long it took to drive back. Although it's not far "as the crow flies", it's not actually an easy drive. Give yourself a lot of time to navigate the traffic. It's also easy to drive past the turn into the shopping center parking lot from which the Hampton's lot can be accessed: the hotel's entry does not actually abut the road it is on. The parking lot is scary. There are not a lot of spots, and there are dumpsters interspersed with the cars. I don't know if you can park overnight in the shopping center lots, but if I have to stay here again, I will ask.

The room was typical Hampton: large, efficient, comfortable. Staff did their jobs. Some were very helpful: one woman spent a lot of time looking all over for something I needed; some less so. They went out of their way to deliver a Fed Ex package to my room, for example, but had a hard time finding a fax that came in about the same time.

• Liked — There are plenty of restaurants near by
  • Disliked — Location, location, location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!