“No gym...but otherwise good. Clean rooms, Nice staff. Good value” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book and Earn 2x Points
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Charles Town, West Virginia, United States
“No gym...but otherwise good. Clean rooms, Nice staff. Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nice welcome, good fair priced room. look out for the parking lot. I was approached on both my recent visits by people asking for money. Breakfast is standard free Hampton breakfast. right off of 695. 15 minutes to downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hudson, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Hotel was fine, reception was nice, but no airport shuttle until 7AM make little sense to a business traveler. I normally fly very early and prefer to return my rental car the evening before. I could not do this due to the late start of the shuttle.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Central NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I thought this property offered fairly quiet accommodations. Our room was near the vending machines and elevator and I expected a noisy Saturday night. But despite sharing a hotel with several girls' lacrosse teams and over-30 softball teams, we heard virtually nothing through our door or walls. The room was comfortable and clean. The location was perfect and very easy to find.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Let me start off by stating that I've had over 35 years of experiance in Facilities Maintenance and Building Management so I feel qualified in making my review.

I stayed at this hotel on Friday July 6, 2012 for one night. Because of the fact I stay at Hampton Inns whenever possible, I've never experianced any problems with any other Hampton so I expected the same from this one.

Here are the facts, read them then you decide. First despite the fact I reserved a "smoking room" they put me in a non-smoking room so I had to repack my bags and move (ok no big deal...crap happens) In my new room, the a/c did not work properly and the room remained barely tolerable. The room phone did not work at all (no dial tone at all, could not make or receive phone calls) I had requested a refrigerator upon my arrival to keep delicate and perishable medicines cold (no refrigerator was available, had to keep my items in the ice bucket and change the ice about every 2 hours throughout my stay) Even the tv did not work properly (sometimes I would get sound but no picture)

When I complained to the front desk, they were understanding but little help. They sent a maintenance man up who could speak about 2 words of english and they made no offer to really try to correct anything or offer compensation for a miserable stay as they advertise.

I will not hold this against all the other Hampton Inns I've stayed at and I will continue to stay at Hampton, but it sure as hell won't be the one located on Ritchie Highway, Glen Burnie, Md.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sterling, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had corporate training for month and sayed at this location for the entire month of June. The staff was friendly and greeted me once they recognized me. The breakfasts were industry standard (same as a Holiday Inn Express). No refrigerators were a big negative for me since I stayed so long. I would also have enjoyed having a swimming pool. Hamption Inn is part of the Hilton Brand of hotels. They usually do have pools and a gym. This location seemed to be a stripped down location.

Eastern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip. This was my first stay at a Hampton Inn, and I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk and breakfast staff were pleasant and helpful. The bed was comfortable, and the room and bathroom were clean. The location is a soul-less patch of strip mall America, but there are ample chain food choices nearby. The location was close to the highway, making it easy on and off to Baltimore, Annapolis, and BWI

Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel is tucked into a strip mall so it's a tad hard to find, but there are Starbucks, Panera Bread, Qdoba Grill, Aldi's Grocery, Dick's Sporting Goods and a gymnasium all within a short walk. It was very affordable given it's only 10 minutes from Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Like many Hamptons, breakfast had good choices that varied over my 2-day stay, and the manager's reception one night was well done. The beds are comfortable, the cleaning staff does a good job, and the hotel was rather quiet at night given its urban location.

Room Tip: The suite on 3rd floor is sandwiched between the elevators and an electrical storage room so it'...