“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Glen Burnie
New Bern, North Carolina
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a great place for the money. First of all, the staff is absolutely wonderful. I am sorry I do not recall the names of the two ladies at the front desk. Extended Stay should be proud to have them represent their brand. They were very friendly and helpful. They gave us lots of tips about the area and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. The room was nice, everything was in great working order and most importantly, it was clean. This stay was a delight.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Piscataway, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very poor sound insulation between the rooms, the next room turned on their TV at 3am and started talking and we heard every words.
The smoke detector light bings every 5 seconds and we couldn't sleep at all!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ellicott City, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

There were two men drinking beer and sitting in front of the entrance. The front desk person said the priceline accommodation did not matter. He insisted I write my credit card number o n a piece of paper, because the machine was not working. The entrance wreaked with cigarette smoke.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel whatsoever.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very helpful. Nice Clean. The Lady at the front desk went above and beyond her duties to help us and guide us. Thanks for the hospitality!!! Even though the front desk clerk worked the night shift, we tuned around and saw her in the morning and she was still very delightful and helpful! We had a few other families there for a softball tournament and we all would go back!

Room Tip: Clean rooms all around
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was a good hotel. Very convenient for where I worked and especially convenient because of the kitchen for my long term stay. It was nice that housekeeping was only once a week for long term guests. The reason for 3 stars is because although the front desk staff was friendly, they were often hidden in the back on their cell phones during business hours. Sometimes it seemed like no one was there to help. On the night I needed to do my laundry, I had planned to buy a box of detergent from the vending machine but found that it was out of order. I asked the front desk if there was a timeline to get it fixed or if they were selling any from there in the mean time. The lady had no idea and didn't seem too inclined to help me or even find out any info about it. She told me I could go to Walmart and buy detergent if I really needed it. Ok I feel like if the detergent dispenser is broken, it's a big deal at a hotel meant for long term guests. Laundry detergent isn't exactly something on my packing list when I fly somewhere and I don't have room for that stuff anyway. And I also don't feel like wasting my money buying a whole bottle of it at Walmart for a couple of loads. I can't take that back with me on a plane. I ended up not being able to wash my clothes that night and borrowing it from my brother who lived about a half hour away the next day. Also, just a FYI for anyone planning to stay here, there are no hangers and no hair dryer. That really sucked in January. I don't pack hair dryers either because most hotels have one. In summary, although there were a few things that frustrated me, I would probably stay here again. There was more good than bad.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I apologize that our vending machine was out of order during your visit. As well, I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure this does not continue in the future. Finally, please know that hair dryers, as well as other toiletries, are available upon request at the front desk, should you need them in the future. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Jerusalem, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Well, the sole member of staff on duty the evening I arrived was friendly and tried to be helpful, but she still couldn't get the TV to work.

The room was not adequately cleaned. I found a sock on the desk chair. I found dried gunge in the refrigerator door. I found dust and a discarded magazine between the easy chair and the occasional table.

Extended stat America usually offers good value in comfortable surroundings. This one didn't on the night I stayed there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Rooms were clean and the hotel staff was very friendly. The kitchen was a nice convenience and had everything needed. Bed was extremely uncomfortable and was advertised as a queen but seemed smaller. The washcloths and the towels were very rough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Jim – Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am happy that you found your room to be clean and our staff to be friendly during your stay. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I am sorry that you found your bed to be uncomfortable and your towels to be rough. I will speak with our staff regarding these issues to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Been to Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!