“Shannon and Oscar are A plus employees!” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6323 Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD 21061   |
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Glen Burnie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Shannon and Oscar are A plus employees!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed at La Quinta the night before our cruise, on the Enchantment of the Seas. We arrived at the hotel and went inside to check into the hotel. Shannon was wonderful. She has a great sense of humor and was easy to talk to. We went to move our vehicle to a parking spot, but it wouldn't start. Shannon was so wonderful. She stopped what she was doing to find out the name of a repair shop. The repair shop came right over and they were able to repair the car while we were on our trip. Shannon gave us great recommendations for a restaurant for dinner.
When we returned from our cruise, Oscar was waiting for us at the pier to take us back to the hotel. However, the person working the front desk, not Shannon, was not able to find our key that the repair shop had dropped off. My husband, finally was able to convince the staff member to allow him behind the desk and he was able to find the key. We would recommend the hotel, but Shannon and Oscar were amazing and deserve acknowledgement for their great attitudes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Farhaz J, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Guest

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our 'Park, Sleep, Go' package. We also thank you for recognizing the work of Shannon and Oscar. Both of them are very grateful and join me in thanking you for the kind words of appreciation.

La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

We will see you soon.

330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sicklerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had read about "Shannon" in reviews, and she made my trip memorable with her true friendliness and knowledge of the area! The room was quiet and very clean, the breakfast (hot) in the morning was tasty and cheerful. It was so restful of an experience, that I did not want to leave. Even the chamber maid I encountered was friendly and attentive! The manager there, Farhaz was also very nice, and along with Shannon, truly made me feel like a friend, and elevated a routine business trip to a memorable experience. I highly recommend this warm and pleasant hotel. JOE

Room Tip: A restluf and quiet hotel, I would stay again...

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

As fate would have it, we thought we had reservations at another La Quinta a little closer to the airport. But a colleague of ours had made reservations for us on the wrong night and there "was no room at the inn." So the associate called Shannon adn she had rooms available. We thoroughly enjoyed our interactions with Shannon. She is a high quality employee. We witnessed her going way beyond the call of duty with some folks who had a forced layover because of airline equipment trouble.

Pittsford, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We started our family cruise vacation staying at La Quinta Inn, Glen Burnie, MD. We stayed one night in a spacious room (thanks to Shannon), had a lovely continental breakfast, parked our vehicle 7 days while aboard Carnivals "The Pride" and shuttle transportation to and from the Port of Baltimore for one great rate.
Shannon went above and beyond to assure we were happy with our stay. She was very on top of the shuttle schedule. She worked conshensiously to make sure all guests transportation needs were met. She appeared to have a great working relationship with the shuttle services, as I am sure it is not easy coordinating and working with shuttle drivers and remaining so pleasant to customers.
Many thanks to LaQuinta for having complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste, for the traveler who forgets theirs. (ask and you shall receive:)
Lastly, our daughter left her digital camera in our LaQuinta guestroom. We did not realize it was missing until we were aboard the ship. Upon returning from our cruise, back at LaQuinta, we checked with Shannon regarding the missing camera. She did much checking and found it was locked in a supervisors drawer. As it was a Sunday, Shannon took our mailing address and assured us she would mail it out immediately. We received the camera within a few days.
We have stayed at 5 star hotels who could use a "Shannon" to get the job done. She was polite, friendly, and extremely helpful. She was a pleasure to interact with. We look forward to our next trip to Baltimore and stay at LaQuinta Inn, Glen Burnie,MD

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I got this hotel as a very last minute Priceline deal when the hotel I had booked in the area had an emergency and had to cancel all their reservations. I have stayed in LaQuinta hotels before, usually for a one night stay on my way to somewhere else. They have always been adequate, so I wasn't unhappy with the pick. If I could split my rating, I would give 5 stars to the staff, and 2 or 3 for my room.

Front Desk Staff -- Shannon was absolutely marvelous! Very helpful, friendly, went above and beyond. Everyone that I came in contact with was wonderful, and I don't want to ignore anyone else, but Shannon, was in the forefront, and the most visible. The property was clean, and the public areas were updated and comfortable. The fresh cookies in the evening were a treat! The young man at the desk (I'm sorry, I didn't get his name!) ran around from behind the desk and helped me when he saw me struggling with my hands full...my bag, my computer, a cup of coffee, and trying to get a cookie. Those are the 'small' things that are rare anymore in customer service, and mean so much to a customer. THANK YOU!!!!

I hope that the Executive Suite Room that I had is in line for some refurbishments. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable --- very, very hard. I felt like I was sleeping directly on the box springs. The comforter had been mended, but had holes in it that looked like burns. The pillows were nice, but I like a squishy, feather pillow. No problem! I just had to ask, and I got 2 more, and an extra blanket for the unusual cold snap. The towels were nice and fluffy, just the kind you hope to get. The room was a little tired....peeling paint in places, chips in the tub. It took forever to get hot water, and the shower never really got hot, just really, really warm. Like I said, I hope that this room/floor is on schedule for refurbishment. The fridge was new, and great...usually they just give an impression of cold, but really don't keep things cold. One other thing...a turn off for me in a hotel is the card that says how much they will charge me if towels, etc. are missing. In their defense, when I said something about the bed, they offered to move me to another room immediately. I wish I had said something earlier! Since it was the last night of a long stay, it wasn't worth the bother to me to pack up everything for one night...maybe a different room would have garnered a totally different opinion! Another vote for great customer service.

All in all, a perfectly passable stay. I will try them again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: Ask if you are unhappy with your room...they will do their best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!