“Good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6323 Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD 21061   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sicklerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had read about "Shannon" in reviews, and she made my trip memorable with her true friendliness and knowledge of the area! The room was quiet and very clean, the breakfast (hot) in the morning was tasty and cheerful. It was so restful of an experience, that I did not want to leave. Even the chamber maid I encountered was friendly and attentive! The manager there, Farhaz was also very nice, and along with Shannon, truly made me feel like a friend, and elevated a routine business trip to a memorable experience. I highly recommend this warm and pleasant hotel. JOE

Room Tip: A restluf and quiet hotel, I would stay again...

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

As fate would have it, we thought we had reservations at another La Quinta a little closer to the airport. But a colleague of ours had made reservations for us on the wrong night and there "was no room at the inn." So the associate called Shannon adn she had rooms available. We thoroughly enjoyed our interactions with Shannon. She is a high quality employee. We witnessed her going way beyond the call of duty with some folks who had a forced layover because of airline equipment trouble.

Pittsford, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We started our family cruise vacation staying at La Quinta Inn, Glen Burnie, MD. We stayed one night in a spacious room (thanks to Shannon), had a lovely continental breakfast, parked our vehicle 7 days while aboard Carnivals "The Pride" and shuttle transportation to and from the Port of Baltimore for one great rate.
Shannon went above and beyond to assure we were happy with our stay. She was very on top of the shuttle schedule. She worked conshensiously to make sure all guests transportation needs were met. She appeared to have a great working relationship with the shuttle services, as I am sure it is not easy coordinating and working with shuttle drivers and remaining so pleasant to customers.
Many thanks to LaQuinta for having complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste, for the traveler who forgets theirs. (ask and you shall receive:)
Lastly, our daughter left her digital camera in our LaQuinta guestroom. We did not realize it was missing until we were aboard the ship. Upon returning from our cruise, back at LaQuinta, we checked with Shannon regarding the missing camera. She did much checking and found it was locked in a supervisors drawer. As it was a Sunday, Shannon took our mailing address and assured us she would mail it out immediately. We received the camera within a few days.
We have stayed at 5 star hotels who could use a "Shannon" to get the job done. She was polite, friendly, and extremely helpful. She was a pleasure to interact with. We look forward to our next trip to Baltimore and stay at LaQuinta Inn, Glen Burnie,MD

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I got this hotel as a very last minute Priceline deal when the hotel I had booked in the area had an emergency and had to cancel all their reservations. I have stayed in LaQuinta hotels before, usually for a one night stay on my way to somewhere else. They have always been adequate, so I wasn't unhappy with the pick. If I could split my rating, I would give 5 stars to the staff, and 2 or 3 for my room.

Front Desk Staff -- Shannon was absolutely marvelous! Very helpful, friendly, went above and beyond. Everyone that I came in contact with was wonderful, and I don't want to ignore anyone else, but Shannon, was in the forefront, and the most visible. The property was clean, and the public areas were updated and comfortable. The fresh cookies in the evening were a treat! The young man at the desk (I'm sorry, I didn't get his name!) ran around from behind the desk and helped me when he saw me struggling with my hands full...my bag, my computer, a cup of coffee, and trying to get a cookie. Those are the 'small' things that are rare anymore in customer service, and mean so much to a customer. THANK YOU!!!!

I hope that the Executive Suite Room that I had is in line for some refurbishments. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable --- very, very hard. I felt like I was sleeping directly on the box springs. The comforter had been mended, but had holes in it that looked like burns. The pillows were nice, but I like a squishy, feather pillow. No problem! I just had to ask, and I got 2 more, and an extra blanket for the unusual cold snap. The towels were nice and fluffy, just the kind you hope to get. The room was a little tired....peeling paint in places, chips in the tub. It took forever to get hot water, and the shower never really got hot, just really, really warm. Like I said, I hope that this room/floor is on schedule for refurbishment. The fridge was new, and great...usually they just give an impression of cold, but really don't keep things cold. One other thing...a turn off for me in a hotel is the card that says how much they will charge me if towels, etc. are missing. In their defense, when I said something about the bed, they offered to move me to another room immediately. I wish I had said something earlier! Since it was the last night of a long stay, it wasn't worth the bother to me to pack up everything for one night...maybe a different room would have garnered a totally different opinion! Another vote for great customer service.

All in all, a perfectly passable stay. I will try them again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: Ask if you are unhappy with your room...they will do their best to accommodate you.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stay at hotels and guest houses quite often during the year, so I am familiar with how customer service usually goes - at private-run facilities, service is usually wonderful; at chains, I've noticed there is usually something lacking. So, when I had to stay at the Glen Burnie La Quinta overnight for an Inaugural event in January of 2013, I really wasn't expecting much more than average service. Upon arriving at the front desk, the young man checking me in said "I noticed you marked on your reservation that you have severe smoke allergies. We don't have any non-smoking rooms clean at this time, so we're just going to upgrade you to an executive suite. Is that okay?" I said sure, and thanked him. He continued the check-in, showed us on the map how to get to the hotel room entrance (all guest room entrances are indoors, but the hotel entrance is on the side of the building) gave us our keys, and off we went. I've been in situations where things like this have happened before (meaning, a hotel had to upgrade me because a non-smoking room wasn't clean at check-in time), but in the past I've been treated like it was a huge burden to the hotel, and like I should be grateful they deigned to help me. This staff, however, acted like it was just part of their job to do that - no thanks required.

The next day, I was delayed in packing my things and called to see if I could get a later check-out. I thought they would give me until 11:30 or noon, which is standard when check-out is 11 AM (as it is at this La Quinta). The young woman at the front desk, however, said "Okay...your check-out time is now 1 PM. If you need a little longer or your need anything else, just give us a call! Have a great day!" Wow! Again, she just acted like it was part of her job to help out the guest if they asked for it, she didn't act like it was a hardship.

I know this probably all sounds trivial or small, but it's the little things that count when it comes to customer service. And this is the best customer service I've received at a chain hotel - service simply given with a smile and happiness. That means a lot to a weary traveler. (Oh, and of course, in case you are wondering, the beds were extremely comfortable, and the room was squeaky clean with up-to-date decor - and quiet.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!