I got this hotel as a very last minute Priceline deal when the hotel I had booked in the area had an emergency and had to cancel all their reservations. I have stayed in LaQuinta hotels before, usually for a one night stay on my way to somewhere else. They have always been adequate, so I wasn't unhappy with the pick. If I could split my rating, I would give 5 stars to the staff, and 2 or 3 for my room.
Front Desk Staff -- Shannon was absolutely marvelous! Very helpful, friendly, went above and beyond. Everyone that I came in contact with was wonderful, and I don't want to ignore anyone else, but Shannon, was in the forefront, and the most visible. The property was clean, and the public areas were updated and comfortable. The fresh cookies in the evening were a treat! The young man at the desk (I'm sorry, I didn't get his name!) ran around from behind the desk and helped me when he saw me struggling with my hands full...my bag, my computer, a cup of coffee, and trying to get a cookie. Those are the 'small' things that are rare anymore in customer service, and mean so much to a customer. THANK YOU!!!!
I hope that the Executive Suite Room that I had is in line for some refurbishments. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable --- very, very hard. I felt like I was sleeping directly on the box springs. The comforter had been mended, but had holes in it that looked like burns. The pillows were nice, but I like a squishy, feather pillow. No problem! I just had to ask, and I got 2 more, and an extra blanket for the unusual cold snap. The towels were nice and fluffy, just the kind you hope to get. The room was a little tired....peeling paint in places, chips in the tub. It took forever to get hot water, and the shower never really got hot, just really, really warm. Like I said, I hope that this room/floor is on schedule for refurbishment. The fridge was new, and great...usually they just give an impression of cold, but really don't keep things cold. One other thing...a turn off for me in a hotel is the card that says how much they will charge me if towels, etc. are missing. In their defense, when I said something about the bed, they offered to move me to another room immediately. I wish I had said something earlier! Since it was the last night of a long stay, it wasn't worth the bother to me to pack up everything for one night...maybe a different room would have garnered a totally different opinion! Another vote for great customer service.
All in all, a perfectly passable stay. I will try them again when I am in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South is a full service hotel located 6 miles of downtown Baltimore. Is the nearest and the cheapest hotel near BWI Airport. La Quinta is one of the affordable hotels in Baltimore which features 95 non smoking rooms along with all amenities and services. The hotel offers free high speed internet, fitness center, business services and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, LaQuinta and Hotels.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South / Glen Burnie Hotel Glen Burnie
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Baltimore South / Glen Burnie