I stay at hotels and guest houses quite often during the year, so I am familiar with how customer service usually goes - at private-run facilities, service is usually wonderful; at chains, I've noticed there is usually something lacking. So, when I had to stay at the Glen Burnie La Quinta overnight for an Inaugural event in January of 2013, I really wasn't expecting much more than average service. Upon arriving at the front desk, the young man checking me in said "I noticed you marked on your reservation that you have severe smoke allergies. We don't have any non-smoking rooms clean at this time, so we're just going to upgrade you to an executive suite. Is that okay?" I said sure, and thanked him. He continued the check-in, showed us on the map how to get to the hotel room entrance (all guest room entrances are indoors, but the hotel entrance is on the side of the building) gave us our keys, and off we went. I've been in situations where things like this have happened before (meaning, a hotel had to upgrade me because a non-smoking room wasn't clean at check-in time), but in the past I've been treated like it was a huge burden to the hotel, and like I should be grateful they deigned to help me. This staff, however, acted like it was just part of their job to do that - no thanks required.
The next day, I was delayed in packing my things and called to see if I could get a later check-out. I thought they would give me until 11:30 or noon, which is standard when check-out is 11 AM (as it is at this La Quinta). The young woman at the front desk, however, said "Okay...your check-out time is now 1 PM. If you need a little longer or your need anything else, just give us a call! Have a great day!" Wow! Again, she just acted like it was part of her job to help out the guest if they asked for it, she didn't act like it was a hardship.
I know this probably all sounds trivial or small, but it's the little things that count when it comes to customer service. And this is the best customer service I've received at a chain hotel - service simply given with a smile and happiness. That means a lot to a weary traveler. (Oh, and of course, in case you are wondering, the beds were extremely comfortable, and the room was squeaky clean with up-to-date decor - and quiet.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South is a full service hotel located 6 miles of downtown Baltimore. Is the nearest and the cheapest hotel near BWI Airport. La Quinta is one of the affordable hotels in Baltimore which features 95 non smoking rooms along with all amenities and services. The hotel offers free high speed internet, fitness center, business services and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, LaQuinta, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Baltimore South / Glen Burnie
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South / Glen Burnie Hotel Glen Burnie