Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“GREAT HOUSEKEEPER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here just over night, I'm assuming that I was in such a rush to get on with my day that I left my diamond ring behind. I know if i had left it no one would be honest and actually say they found a the ring, but I took my chances. Sure enough the house keeper found it and turned it in. I just wanted to say thank you so very much Nurquis Ngo. That was truly a blessing not only to get my ring back but just to know we still have honest people in this world. Again thanks so very much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we were able help you find the items you left behind and provide you with Great guest service. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My family and I stayed here when your power went out for a couple days. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We had a clean bedroom and a living area, good size refrigerator and stove, big TV, large closet, comfortable armchair. If you have to stay anywhere for an extended period of time, I would highly recommend this hotel. They care about their guests.

The hotel is very close to a large shopping center with a walmart and target and near the highway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. I am happy you enjoyed our renovated rooms and friendly customer service. Feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is by far one of the most friendly, professional, and cleanest establishmnet. The upgrades are nice and the setting is awesome. Everyone is so friendly. I often stay here when in town on business. However, my last visit was not so good. There were police officers everywhere - apparently there had been a robbery and this was not the first time. I am now worried about my safety and that of my family when I do attend. I was planning on coming outside of business for the Inauguration activities...but now I am not so sure. I do hope this matter gets resolved soon....it's such as awesome place......my wife and I simply love it!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America - Germantown.
Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel had really friendly staff who were very helpful. It was nice to have conversation and coffee with them in the morning. The room was nice and I was happy to have a kitchen and clean fridge to put food in during my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our customer service. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Newtown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I highly recommend the Extended Stay America hotel in Germantown, MD. It is clean, quiet, extremely well run and affordable. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. It is conveniently located on the back street of a residential area that is only two minutes from route 270. Also, it very close to restaurants, shops and grocery stores. It literally was my home away from home for 3 1/2 years. Because of a job commitment I commuted there from the northeast pretty much every week during that time. The rooms have a kichenette and free WiFi which made it much cheaper than renting an apartment and having to pay utilities.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side face route 270 and so there could be traffic noise. I always stayed on the fr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Germantown. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I were traveling back home after the Thanksgiving Holiday. We stopped at this hotel and can honestly say it was nice. When we checked in, the night clerk, Stuart, was very helpful and cheerful. We were tired and could have been cranky, but he kept things light and put us at ease. The room was nice, and if we had been staying longer, it would have been very convenient to have the kitchen available to us. I found no issues, other than a very strong odor when we turned on the heater. This quickly dissipated, but it was a little unnerving at first. All in all, we will definitely look for Extended Stay America whenever we travel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Germantown. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff, specially Stuart, at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here the night before she attended an Intro to Mountain Biking course being held by REI at Schaeffer Farms. The person who took care of our reservation was super nice and efficient and allowed us a late check-in (10:00PM). When we got there, the front desk area was shielded by a transluscent plastic accordion guard over the counter. In almost fifty years of living and too many hotel rooms to count, I have never seen a barrier like this. The very nice clerk did not offer to open up the shield, so the whole situation was really not the best first impression to make. When I asked the clerk if the area was unsafe, gently tapping on the plastic fencing, she lauded the neighborhood as being very good and clearly missed the point of it all. Well, then...why the security?

The room had a kitchen with plates, utensils; very nice. I thought the window over the TV was a rare touch in a motel room and probably specific to this end unit. When we walked into the room, we were hit with the overpowering stench of some acrid and cloying air freshener that housekeeping put onto the AC vent. Not sure what odor was meant to be hidden, but it smelled like a Yankee Candle store, and that's not a good thing. Subtle and favorable scents such as vanilla are fine; this one was not. Lastly, the toilet was loose and could be rocked a good ten degrees (didn't want to go past that) and felt like it could be easily ripped out. Good thing I'm not Irish and am not in conflict with Russian mobsters. Bonus points if you get this reference.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America - Germantown. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. Our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues. Additionally we have removed the Front Desk gate so we can be able to interact with our guests and dedicate our full attention.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone

Address: 12450 Milestone Center Dr, Germantown, MD 20876
Location: United States > Maryland > Germantown
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Germantown
Extended Stay Germantown
Germantown Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.