“Check in made me weary but...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20260 Goldenrod Lane, Germantown, MD 20876   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
GreenLeadersGold level
Louisville, Kentucky
“Check in made me weary but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Upon checking in we asked for a luggage rack as we had quite the gambit, the woman at the counter says to us; "I don't know where they are, they might be in use or they've been stolen." Excuse me, stolen? You're telling me you don't notice when items as large as luggage racks just ... get taken? Thus making me weary to spend the night. However our room was great, the free breakfast in the morning was great and amazingly the next morning all the luggage racks were back out and available.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Our youth travel baseball team recently stayed here for a weekend tournament. This is our 2nd stay at this hotel. It is perfect for sports teams and their families. The group reservation rep, Theresa, was helpful and accomodating to our needs.This was important since the game schedules can be unpredictable. She promptly returned phone calls and e-mails. There is a full size outdoor pool. The free breakfast had a good selection of items. The rooms are clean and odor free. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
HIEX-GG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for staying with us; we are happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and our Sales Coordinator took very good care of you. We look forward to your next visit here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Germantown MD - Yolanda Gainey, GM.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My company placed me here for work purposes. They took an imprint of my card as most hotels do for incidentals. I check my accounts daily and found they charged me for hundreds of dollars in 3 separate incidences along with erroneous phone calls... I was at work and not even in hotel at the time. An employee made the call from my room and also an employee charged my card for unknown reasons . I was livid. I was on the phone several times,with management and face to face. It seems the only person that was sympathetic to me was one manager. She worked hard to rectify the errors and eventually My card was credited.
My point is they have crooked employees making phone calls and charges. My room was either misding towels or was not given soap etc. They also failed to inform my company that 2 Busloads of 14 yr olds were arriving mid week that stayed for the remainder slamming doors screaming and running in halls until 11pm at night.
Worst stay ever. I can only say dont trust them. Watch your credit card.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback; we greatly appreciate you staying with us. I apologize the room charges was authorized on your incidental credit card, a phone call was made during your stay, room missing towels and soap also, student groups staying with us during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope you would give us an opportunity to make this right on a return visit. Yolanda Gainey, GM
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

You will need a car to get around if you stay at this hotel. Nothing in walking distance. Other than than the location this is actually a good clean hotel and good front desk service.

Suggest staying on the front entrance side of the building due to the location of the express way.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
HIEX-GG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us; we take great pride in serving our guests, we look forward to your next visit here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Germantown, MD - Yolanda Gainey, GM.
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my first time staying at a Holiday Inn Express, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. I found it to be a nice hotel, but it definitely felt like a chain hotel. The check in was very fast, even though it was busy when we arrived. It appears to be a newer hotel (or at least recently renovated), and everything is clean and modern. We had a king bed. My husband thought it was comfortable, although I found it a bit soft and felt like I kept rolling into the middle. There were a lot of people when we stayed, and I could hear a group people talking in the hallway when I was trying to sleep. Luckily this just lasted a few minutes. Overall, I would definitely stay here again. The rooms were clean and the price was right. We didn't get any breakfast because we left at 6:30 am (breakfast starts at 7 am), so I can't comment on the food.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
HIEX-GG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay; we take great pride in serving our guests. We look forward to your next visit; Yolanda Gainey, GM.
Forest Hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed with a travel baseball team for a weekend tournament. Staff is friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable. Rooms were clean. Breakfast is decent. Coffee was ok. I would recommend this hotel for tourists and travel teams. All my needs were met.

Stayed May 2015
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Germantown Maryland. When your travel plans bring you back to the area we will be waiting to serve you. Yolanda Gainey, GM.
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While moving into the area form Wisconsin, we had to use this hotel several times. "Had to"? More like looked forward to returning. The service was incomparable, the front desk personnel could not have responded better whether in the early morning or late at night. The rooms are large and comfortable, breakfast is varied and kept hot and fresh all morning. Since moving (and no longer need the hotel) we've housed older visiting family there with the same great service and care!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the front of the building to avoid the noise from the outside pool in summer months...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
HIEX-GG, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with us; we were happy to serve you during your move and look forward to friends and family visiting our Hotel in the future. Yolanda Gainey, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!