“Vary good for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20260 Goldenrod Lane, Germantown, MD 20876   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
GreenLeadersGold level
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
“Vary good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This is a fairly new hotel, so the rooms are updated, and the facilities are clean and bright. Staff is helpful and friendly. Complimentary breakfast is enough to give you a good start each day, with a nice variety. We appreciated the coffee always available in the lobby. Location is very good, near restaurants and shopping, and the Germantown sports center. Only downside is there is no possibility of late checkout after 1 PM, but the price is low enough to pay another day if you need a place to rest past normal checkout time.

Stayed February 2015
HIEX-GG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us; had a chance to experience our delicious breakfast and 24 hour coffee service. I know having a late check out makes a big difference when you have a late flight or a game. I look forward to serving you whenever your travels bring you back to the area. Yolanda Gainey, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went to the hotel for a marriage conference. I was staying over night and needed access to the free wifi. I was having a problem connecting and I contacted the front desk. I was told, " we have no other guest complaining about wifi so there is nothing we can do. Try refreshing your browser".

Other than that issue the hotel is very nice. Everyone I encountered was very polite and greeted you with a smile. The breakfast was good too! I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
HIEX-GG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback, I apologize for the response you received about the internet. It is always our intent to take care of our guests and make sure your stay is exceptional. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit. Yolanda Gainey, GM
Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

The front office staff was very pleasant and helpful. The hotel is clean in all the public areas. The shuttle service is efficient although at times there was an issue with the five mile radius rule. When one speaks of a radius, one is speaking in terms of a straight line. Once this is understood there should be no problems. I would also recommend that soft soaps with dispensers be used in the bathroom instead of hard soap. It is better for the environment. A wider variety of fruits could be added to the complimentary breakfast. In spite of the foregoing I would highly recommend this hotel for its friendly staff ,proximity to restaurants and shopping and its cleanliness.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
HIEX-GG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
Thank you, for staying with us; we appreciate the feedback it is very helpful when serving our guests. We want every stay to be a memorable one and look forward to your next visit.

Yolanda Gainey, GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2015

My girlfriend and I came here to kinda get away from the city (DC) to celebrate my birthday. It was very close to various restaurants, movies, anything you wanted to do and it was right off of Rt 270 : ) would def recommend to a friend and/ or come back to stay again. The room was gorgeous, very clean, and comfortable. I loved it!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEX-GG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 14, 2015
I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful Birthday and enjoyed the Hotel - Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next stay - Yolanda Gainey, GM.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

My partner and I stayed here while visiting family. The room was clean except the first day there was a bar of soap left in the shower from the previous guest that the housekeeper must have missed. The shower was spacious. The toilet flush was a bit loud. The heater was a bit loud. But the hotel in general seemed clean and well organized. The staff was friendly. Free Wifi was a bonus. The bed was super comfortable! I didn't want to get out of bed.

The complimentary breakfast was OK. I would have appreciated fresh berries or melons or pineapples. And a premium yogurt brand like Liberte or something similar. But hey it was complimentary, so considering that it was pretty darn good.

They had scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon buns, a pancake maker, apple juice, orange juice, water, milk, coffee. Bananas (a bit green), Red Delicious apples, toast, and cereal options.

The coffee at this hotel is fantastic. I would only say that I'd like to see recycling bins for the disposable dishware/cutlery/coffee cups. And signs encouraging recycling. And Fair Trade Coffee and chocolate options.

They had a pool but I think it was closed for the season (outdoor), and a fitness room which looked great. Overall, the stay was great. I'd stay there again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
HIEX-GG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 7, 2015
Thank you, for taking the time to share your comments with us; we really appreciate feedback from our guests. We always look forward to your next stay away from home spent with family. I apologize the heating unit and toilet was loud also, the soap left in the shower. It is always our goal to make sure every guest have a memorable stay - thank you again, for staying with us and look forward to serving you in the future. Yolanda Gainey, GM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014

We were staying outside DC as we were visiting friends. It was easily accessible and relatively close to go into DC (about 30 mins). The staff were accommodating to our requests. The rooms were a good size and well appointed. While there was a laundry facility, there was no washing powder while we were there.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
HIEX-GG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 5, 2015
Thank you, for taking the time to let us know about your stay, we really appreciate our guests feedback it's nice to see you enjoyed your stay. I apologize we did not have detergent in the guest laundry vending during your stay. If in the area again we will welcome to your home away from home, hope to see you soon. Yolanda Gainey, GM
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

Great location, service, and experience. Nice big showers, good internet, breakfast was well stocked, and temperature was good. Also very nice group of people working there, they really know how to hire the best.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you, we really appreciate your feedback; it's our pleasure to serve our guests. We look forward to your next visit. Yolanda Gainey, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!