“Too nice for only only one night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20260 Goldenrod Lane, Germantown, MD 20876   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Germantown
GreenLeadersGold level
Pennsylvania
“Too nice for only only one night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

In town for a friend's wedding, we were here only the preceding night, before heading on to NYC. On the road 170 nights per year for work, we're often limited by distance to a job site. If every hotel was this nice (for this price, too), we'd have it made. Everything was spotless, comfortable, good quality. Lobby and breakfast area is well-planned, pleasant. Staff was exceptional in their appearance, courtesy, efficiency (two clerks tried to check us out at the same time). We thought the breakfast excellent, which is usually true of Holiday Inn chain. The pool was lovely but we didn't have time to enjoy it. We'll stay here again next time we're in this area.

Room Tip: Our room faced the road (second floor), but we had no issues with any outside noise. It's usuall...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HIEX-GG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking time to review your stay while at the Holiday Inn Express Germantown. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay especially such an experienced traveler as yourself. I am looking up the staff which worked the morning of your departure to commend them on such great service. I know you must have loved our delicious cinnamon rolls we are famous for making warm and savory. Please keep us in mind for future visits to the area.

Regards, L. OBrien, GM

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Raynham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First off, the walls in this hotel are beyond thin considering my daughters elbow bumped into the wall while zippering her suitcase and a small hole developed into the wall. They charged us 275$ for damage any repair man could fix at easily 50$ at the most. Nevermind, asking them about this they were beyond rude, sarcastic, and smirked. The manager was not professional in any way shape or form, and treated you like she was superior to you. For a simple accident and something easily fixed, no need to pay 275$. RIP OFF

Green Features: not environmentally friendly at all. The desk clerks smirk when you ask questions, and become very sarcastic when they don't get their way.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear KellyL219

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We apologize for your dissatisfaction of the damage fee assessed as a result of the repair to the nine inch hole in the wall of our guest room. Even though our hotel is cinder block built to ensure insulation the damage was unfortunate. I understand your frustration when you have to pay for your child’s damage to a guest room.

Please accept our sincerest apology for your disappointment.

L.Obrien, General Manager
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Close to Washington DC. The hotel was filled with families with kids who were there for a soccer tournament. These kids were in and out of the pool and made the floors and the elevator very messy but the staff were keeping up with the cleaning. Same story at the breakfast int he morning. Very messy but the staff were good about maintaining some order. Not expensive and we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HIEX-GG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear ULM_11 (Houston)

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Germantown during a busy soccer tournament weekend. I am pleased to learn our staff kept up with the messiness. We strive to ensure all our guests have a pleasant stay.

Linda OBrien, General Manager
jefferson hills, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed there 4 times within the past month, looking for a new home for my relocating daughter. Carlos has such a wonderful personality at the front desk. She is such a sweetie, and no, I did not misspell her name. Ana is great also, as are all of the others, whose names I can't remember. The first time that I stayed there, I stayed on a weekend . If there is something going on in the attached Conference Center, it can be noisy ---- but they will change your room, as they did for me. It was great! The other two times were over the weekend --- one of those was crowded, due to a "Quince" in the Conference Center. They still keep the food replenished at the breakfast buffet (and won't use the pancake maker if there is a large crowd ---too slow). Their breakfast buffet is very nice and varies due to the number of people who are there. Yesterday's was the best ever! In addition to all of the basic cereals, they had several hot items (turkey sausage, mexican omelets, scrambled eggs, biscuits, a pancake machine (fresh pancakes), cinnamon rolls ( which were wonderfully soft and gooey), greek yogurt, regular yogurt, hard boiled eggs, breads, juices, very good coffee, Bigelow teas, cocoa, bagels with regular and veggie cream cheeses, etc...) I like to let people know what was on their buffet since some places don't give you this much. Even when it was crowded, they have 2 spacious seating areas. The fitness center is very nice with lots of equipment. I usually stay at Marriott properties, but was looking for an inexpensive place to stay. it was very reasonably priced, since I used online reservation websites to get the most reasonable price. The room was very clean. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anybody!

Room Tip: Ask if there is a party or event scheduled at the conference center. If so, and you don't like...
Green Features: If extra towels or anything, just ask for them. They will provide them to you.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear dobremom from jefferson hills:

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are delighted you have stayed with us on multiple occasions. I have shared you praise with both Ana and Karlos. They are wonderful new additions to our service staff. I am thrilled they make you feel at home. Please ask for me so I may personally thank you on your next visit with your daughter.

Humbly, Linda OBrien, General Manager
Marina Del Rey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I spent a week at this Holiday Inn Express for business. My intention was to spend about 3 weeks but I committed to 2 weeks. As it turned out, the hotel over billed my room with several pre-authorizations and then the management repeatedly said they were correcting it, and they never corrected it. The management over promises and then they
don't deliver. Breakfast is Ok in the morning and the staff was nice and helpful. Unfortunately my business partner had several issues with his suite but overall my room was small but nice. I feel the head counter staff needs more training. Make sure you check your credit card everyday.

• Stayed June 2014
HamptonInnGermantown, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Barry P,
It was a pleasure to speak with you last week. We appreciate your feedback and will utilize your comments to better train our team in delivering exemplary service. I apologize for the mix up with your authorizations. I know this must have been frustrating for you.

Best Regards,

Linda OBrien-GM
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We are used to staying in city hotels for business purposes. This time, we needed a quick 2-night stay in suburban Maryland to help family members. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown-Gaithersburg was all we could ask for at the very low price and convenient location. We checked in quite late and the lobby was full of happy soccer players, parents, and coaches watching a game on the flat screen, and we thought OH NO. But although there were lots of traveling young athletes and chaperones, they were all very very well behaved. No one ran down the halls or slammed doors. I think they all needed their sleep as we were up later than they were.
The only issue was that our room smelled like smoke. After we checked in and went to our room, I immediately went back to the front desk to tell the clerk that someone had smoked in our room and that my husband has bad allergies. She tried to find us another room, but they were sold out with all of those players, and she looked truly stricken that she couldn't help us.
We had busy days ahead, so we opted to eat breakfast quickly at the free buffet. So glad we did. They had everything - way more than we expected: scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, pancakes, yogurt, fruit, bagels, biscuits, toast, juices, coffee, tea --- and all were hot and replaced continually by several wait staff. They could get away with offering a lot less, but the quality and quantity shows their sincere effort to please and all of those young athletes are sent off to compete with full stomachs.
I had a few minutes to kill between errands, and to my surprise, found the swimming pool. I sat for a while on the brand-new looking chaise lounges. There was no one else there but a lifeguard. It was delightful.
Nice job, Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
HamptonInnGermantown, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Airedales2:
Thank you for your kind words in reviewing your stay at Holiday Inn Express Germantown. I recall that we chatted briefly at the pool.

Please accept my apologies for the smoke smell. We are a completely non-smoking hotel and your room should have been treated as such. If you are back in the area again, please reach out to me directly so that I may see to your accommodations personally.

Linda OBrien
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had booked the hotel for a funeral and found it an easy place to run errands to and from. But they also had booked a group of middle school kids for two of the nights we were there. They should make arrangements to have groups such as children who run around, slam doors, yell in the corridor, call your room and so on stay on one side of the hotel and leave the fuddy duddies to the other side. I did make mention to the staff and they called security, knew what was going on, but once they are in their rooms they were hard to corral.

Room Tip: Nice on and off the freeway, lots of places to eat nearby.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
HamptonInnGermantown, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express Germantown. Please accept our apologies for the disturbance you experienced from the students during your stay. We require large groups to provide additional chaperone services to avoid these types of conditions for our other guests. We will share your feedback with our team and group leaders in an effort to avoid any future occurances which disturb our guests.

Linda OBrien

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!