“Beautiful and modern” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Cleveland OH
“Beautiful and modern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

Very comfortable and relaxing in every way. Indoor pool had a lifeguard who checked the ph in pool every hour so this pool wasn't ultra chlorinated. Walking distance to shops and a park. One of the Navy Jazz Bands was playing. Loved the hotel and area.

• Liked — non smoking, clean and comfortable rooms, lifeguard, modern decor
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Finnish first
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2007

Enjoyed the stay here on a business trip - good amenities including refrigerator and microwave with free internet access in the room, quiet and clean with a good location. Was recommended this one over the Extended America hotel and definitely a good call. Free complimentary breakfast was better than average. The staff was courteous and helpful.

• Liked — microwave, refrigerator in the room with free internet access
  • Disliked — towels
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

I would highly recommend this facility. The price is a bit high, but watch for special offers. It's a nice place with nice rooms and the staff is super friendly.

• Liked — LOCATION
  • Disliked — THE PARKING LOT
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Germantown, Maryland for one night on August 19, 2006. The property has a great location, right off I-270. Since I was attending a conference that would end at 11 p.m. at night, I had called and requested early check in, so that I could fall into bed later that night having had my check in done already. When I called, I requested that a note be made on my reservation. I arrived the Saturday morning to a scowling employee who stated that the hotel was full from the night before. Now, in my many years of travel and life experience, I’ve learned that it’s not what you say, but how you say it. Faced with her scowling face and unpleasant attitude, I decided I would stick to my guns in knowing when my room would be ready. They wouldn’t give me a time until I demanded one. So I decided to wait in the lobby until my room was ready. Eventually, after a 45 minute wait, a supervisor relented and offered me a suite for the price of my standard room. A nice gesture that I appreciated.

My suite on the 2nd floor faced the parking lot but it was extremely quiet – except for the air conditioner which was very loud. What a gorgeous suite! It was a one bedroom with 2 TVs, MP3 player and DVD. My suite had a huge, clean, bright, bathroom, as well as a microwave and mini fridge. Extremely comfortable bed with nice white sheets that smelled great and had no bugs (see a prior review from another reviewer.) There was great lighting in the living room area which also had a sofa and a writing desk and chair.

The hotel itself looks very new. It offers after-hours access via your room key card. The lobby area was very clean and welcoming with a computer set up on one side for guest use. The vending areas were very clean and well lit. There were coin laundry facilities on my floor. I’m not sure if they were available on every floor.

The hotel offers a free continental breakfast on the first floor which my husband ate and was pleased. I’m not into sweet pastry, so my friend and I ate at the IHOP across the parking lot – one of the cleanest IHOPs I have ever visited. Anyway, there are several restaurants in the parking lot and across the street like Red Robin, Chic Fil-A, Jasper’s, Carrabas. A movie theater is across the street as is a pharmacy.

All in all, I would likely stay at Fairfield in the future. Unfortunately the wonderful suite and amenities were overshadowed by the scowling employee on my arrival. I however, have no problems recommending this property as a good value.

• Liked — Extremely lovely suite and that I was upgraded without having to get nasty
  • Disliked — Noisy a/c unit
  • Tips/Secrets — Book early. This is an undiscovered gem that will only gain in popularity.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

Because of our air conditioner breaking down during an "excessive heat wave" we had to check into a local hotel until the air conditioner could be replaced. We chose the Fairfield in and we could not have been more pleased. The staff, from the desk to the housekeepers, were wonderful. The lobby and community areas are very comfortable and inviting. We had a king suite (which was spotless) and found some very nice touches such as many lighting options, 2 TVs and a very large bathroom. It is very quiet. The hotel shares a large parking lot with 4 restaurants, never did we hear any noise in our room that faced the parking lot. I recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the area for business or pleasure. There is a nice indoor pool that is open in the evenings during the week and all day long on weekends. Complimentary breakfast is good and the enviroment is very comfortable.

• Liked — Staff and room/community area environment
  • Stayed July 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2006

Right off the interstate. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. We were traveling with our 3 kids. This hotel is new and clean. Firm mattresses and fine shower pressure. Rollaway bed was free! Nice size room for the five of us. Pool small but good and hot tub right there. Lifeguard on duty. Even exercise room can be used by kids with adult supervision. Great breakfast with hot waffles you make. No problem. Would definetly stay here again.

• Liked — Location, free breakfast, free rollaway bed.
  • Disliked — Price was a little high.
  • Tips/Secrets — Walk to nearby restaurants
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
Castries, St. Lucia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2006

We're just back from a one night stay at the Marriott Fairfield in Germantown. It was after reading the reviews of hotels in Germantown that I decided to go there instead of the Hampton Inn. Well, sorry to say, I don't think we'll go back to the Fairfield. Check-in was fast. However, I had requested a room in a quiet location, but we were given a room right opposite the elevator and close to vending machines. Tried calling the front desk but the phone didn't work. Went downstairs and was able to get a different room without any bother. The problems began during the night. The heating system would turn on with a huge rumble, continue to make a racket until it switched off with yet another loud rumble. This continued throughout the whole night. The room was either very hot, or very cold. We tried different varations of the controls but nothing seemed to help. I'd just as soon have turned it off altogether, but it was a cold night. Just not pleasant at all. We had a very bad sleep.Add to that the jumping around of the people upstairs at 1:30 in the morning, and you get the idea. The water pressure in the shower was very poor for some odd reason. Surely they're not stingy with hot water?! The orange juice at breakfast was bitter. The coffee was tasteless. The pastries were fine, if you like sweet things for breakfast. On the good side, the location is ideal. The property is very clean. There is a cute, tiny pool and a tiny gym. The pool is fine for a small family, but add in other people and you'll be crowded. The restaurant in front is very good. However,all in all, I think quite possibly the air conditioning will also be just as noisy as the heating, so I'm going to search for somewhere else to stay the next time I'm in Germantown.

• Stayed March 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg
#4 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.0 of 5 stars 327 reviews
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Washington, DC North/Gaithersburg

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!