“Perfect for families!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Pennsylvania
“Perfect for families!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2006

Right off the interstate. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. We were traveling with our 3 kids. This hotel is new and clean. Firm mattresses and fine shower pressure. Rollaway bed was free! Nice size room for the five of us. Pool small but good and hot tub right there. Lifeguard on duty. Even exercise room can be used by kids with adult supervision. Great breakfast with hot waffles you make. No problem. Would definetly stay here again.

• Liked — Location, free breakfast, free rollaway bed.
  • Disliked — Price was a little high.
  • Tips/Secrets — Walk to nearby restaurants
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Finnish first
Castries, St. Lucia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2006

We're just back from a one night stay at the Marriott Fairfield in Germantown. It was after reading the reviews of hotels in Germantown that I decided to go there instead of the Hampton Inn. Well, sorry to say, I don't think we'll go back to the Fairfield. Check-in was fast. However, I had requested a room in a quiet location, but we were given a room right opposite the elevator and close to vending machines. Tried calling the front desk but the phone didn't work. Went downstairs and was able to get a different room without any bother. The problems began during the night. The heating system would turn on with a huge rumble, continue to make a racket until it switched off with yet another loud rumble. This continued throughout the whole night. The room was either very hot, or very cold. We tried different varations of the controls but nothing seemed to help. I'd just as soon have turned it off altogether, but it was a cold night. Just not pleasant at all. We had a very bad sleep.Add to that the jumping around of the people upstairs at 1:30 in the morning, and you get the idea. The water pressure in the shower was very poor for some odd reason. Surely they're not stingy with hot water?! The orange juice at breakfast was bitter. The coffee was tasteless. The pastries were fine, if you like sweet things for breakfast. On the good side, the location is ideal. The property is very clean. There is a cute, tiny pool and a tiny gym. The pool is fine for a small family, but add in other people and you'll be crowded. The restaurant in front is very good. However,all in all, I think quite possibly the air conditioning will also be just as noisy as the heating, so I'm going to search for somewhere else to stay the next time I'm in Germantown.

• Stayed March 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2005

I travel to Germantown a lot with the company that I work for and before the Fairfield Inn was open there was no decent hotel in Germantown. The Fairfield Inn is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are always clean and cozy. The front desk staff is always helpful and nice. They have a free breakfast in the mornings that is very good, and what I love the most about them is their location, because there are so many restaurants that are walking distance. They even have discounts set up with some of the restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are coming to the Germantown area.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2005

This place was just a couple months old when we stopped in and it looked real nice. The problems started when we got to our room and pulled back the bedding -- bugs in the bed. You do not want to see bugs in your bed!
The hotel staff was quick to offer their apology but very slow in doing anything about it. It took more than an hour and half for the bedding to be changed --- and even then it was with the wrong size bedding (king sheets on a queen bed). Other than the bed bugs the rooms seemed to be new and clean. The breakfast they serve is not the best by a long shot, but it comes with the room.

• Stayed September 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2005

I have written numerous reviews regarding hotels in the Germantown, Rockville area. I am so happy with this hotel. It's clean, friendly desk clerks, great cookies, good breakfast, located next to very good places to eat and it's in a good area. The local restaurants offer a 10% discount to people staying at this hotel. My only complaints are the shower has low water pressure and the bed is not the softest. I have already booked my next two trips for this hotel and I highly recommend staying here instead of other area hotels.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

I learned my lesson fast. I tried 3 hotels before I bucked up and found this one. The other hotels were cheaper but in bad condition. I literally checked into one hotel($50/night), then asked for a refund after they showed me 3 rooms that were dry rotted. I went to a hotel across the street from that hote ($70/night)l and the lobby smelled of stench and so I didn't even bother checking out the rooms. By the time I got the the 3rd hotel ($75/night) my husband and 1 year old son were tired so we checked in but I couldn't stand the condition of the room and i didn't really feel safe in that area. I called an 800 hotel discount hotline who found me this hotel($90/night). Talk about apples and oranges!! We went to the hotel the next day and found it to be new and in a nice area right off I-270. There is a complimentary business section in the lobby of the hotel with a computer and free online access, indoor fitness, pool and hottub and some of the most friendly staff. It's about 20 mins away from DC and 50 mins from Baltimore. The rooms have large bathrooms, nice decor and more than the usual cable stations available. There was also free breakfast including eggs, fruit and you could make your own waffles. Definitely worth the extra money.

• Stayed July 2005
Shropshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2005

Lovely new Hotel,excellent accomodation and breakfasts. The swimming pool is very nice but a bit on the small side. We stayed here for 5 nights late April 2005, and used it as a base for exploring the area,and a couple of trips (via the Metro from Shady Grove) into DC which was very easy.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!