“Just as good as ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Germantown
Germantown, Maryland
“Just as good as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Spent another night at this hotel. This hotel is my go-to place to stay in Germantown. Great locations, accommodating staff, nice rooms, free wi-fi. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Walk to dining, cinemas, drug store, grocery store, and laundry. Germantown Town Center is a quaint and hopping place to be.

Room Tip: Try to get on the side away from the parking lot for the sports bar. Their patrons can get noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Danielle H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
The Fairfield Team appreciates the opportunity to serve you during your visits to Germantown. Thank you for the opportunity, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here one night on our Richmond, VA. The hotel was very quiet though by the parking lot I would say they were pretty full. Our room was lovely and the price was great. I would stay here again when in the area. The hotel is very convenient to restaurants too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We enjoyed having you stay with us on your way to Richmond VA. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were very pleased with our experience at this hotel. Reasonable price and great value. It was clean, had nice modern furnishings and a great staff. Reception was extremely nice. Don't remember the name of the lady who checked us in when we arrived, but she was very friendly and efficient. I had confirmed our reservation with Nick over the phone and spoke with Paul during our stay. Both were very pleasant. We had a King Suite with king size bed and a separate sitting area with sofa and chair, microwave, coffeemaker and small refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable! Two flat screen TV's, one in bedroom area and one in sitting area. Bathroom size and fixtures were more than adequate. Even had a regular hairdryer, not the kind that is attached to the wall and requires more that two hands to operate while using a brush:) Hotel is located just off I-270 with very easy access to and from the hotel. We were in the area for a soccer tournament at the Soccerplex and the location of the hotel was very convenient. Less then five miles (10 min drive) from the fields. At least 9 or 10 good restaurants within easy and safe walking distance from the hotel. We would definitely recommend the Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown/Gaithersburg and hope to have the opportunity to stay there again in the near future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Germantown. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have traveled to this hotel on several business trips and each time, I have been treated as a very valuable guest. The rooms are very nicely appointed and if you are lucky enough to get a suite, they are even nicer with a sitting area, small refrigerator and a separate sleeping area.

Their manager named David has assigned me to a very nice suite class room and I always enjoy the size and layout of the space. The location is right off the main 270 freeway and have many eating and shopping choices nearby.

Thank you David!

Room Tip: Suite rooms are great here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you on your business trips, and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel was extremely clean and the rooms were updated. We arrived in the middle of the night and the front desk staff was great in helping us get settled quickly with our tired and cranky children. The bed was really comfortable(nice and firm, but not like sleeping on the floor). Free Paul Mitchell toiletries were provided. AC was a wall unit which worked well for our room. There was free WiFi and breakfast was included.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciated the opportunity to serve you and your family.

La Quinta, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at this Fairfield for a family event in the area. I am a Marriott frequent stayer and recommended the hotel to several family members. The property is very attractive and the rooms and common areas are very nice are well maintained. The service, not so much. When we checked in the afternoon/evening staff was wonderful, helpful and accomodating.
Breakfast the next morning was a train wreck. They had a good selection of items. but they were constantly running out of things with only one breakfast attendant who RAN around trying his very best to keep things in stock, but it was not a one person job. When my elderly mother went to speak to the front desk person about the problems with the breakfast she told her that it was not the front desk's problem, the breakfast was "another department". In addition, the breakfast area is the smallest I have ever seen at a Fairfield and we never could get a seat either morning, we had to take the food back to our rooms and balance eating it there.
When I went to take a shower I found that I had no shampoo and that my shower head had been left pointing directly in to the bathroom rather than the tub. Before I knew it my bathroom was flooded. I called the front desk to ask to have shampoo sent up but she said she didn't know when someone from housekeeping would be available to bring it to me (when I left my room 1/2 hr later they were in my hallway with their carts).
The internet service is free, but every time you walk away from your computer for a few minutes it disconnects you and you have to log on again, another thing I have never had at any other Marriott properties.
These are all admittedly minor things, but I stick with Marriotts because they have a certain level of service. This hotel did not have that service level, except the evening front desk staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry that our team did not deliver the service that is to be expected of us as a Marriott. It is not like us to seperate the different departments and I apologize, again, that this happened during your stay. Thank you for your suggestions to better our hotel. Please allow us another chance to show you the changes that we have made.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was there for a week for work recently but felt like a vacation.Very comfy rooms. Nice people, rooms were clean. Ignore the "bed bug" review that is not true. AC was really good I was actually cold with two blankets. Check out the Baileys next door a lot of fun. If you need a car service ask the front desk for a recomendation. They have people they trust. Got me to my train on time with traffic. I will go back there for sure. What else there is an IHOP in walking distance open 24hours if you get the urge. The pool is nice for a swim. The muffins in the morning are good too.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor. facing the back of hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
It is so good to hear that you had a relaxing business trip. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and enjoy the relationships that we build with guests like yourself. Thank you!

Danielle Hedden

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!