I stayed at this Fairfield for a family event in the area. I am a Marriott frequent stayer and recommended the hotel to several family members. The property is very attractive and the rooms and common areas are very nice are well maintained. The service, not so much. When we checked in the afternoon/evening staff was wonderful, helpful and accomodating.
Breakfast the next morning was a train wreck. They had a good selection of items. but they were constantly running out of things with only one breakfast attendant who RAN around trying his very best to keep things in stock, but it was not a one person job. When my elderly mother went to speak to the front desk person about the problems with the breakfast she told her that it was not the front desk's problem, the breakfast was "another department". In addition, the breakfast area is the smallest I have ever seen at a Fairfield and we never could get a seat either morning, we had to take the food back to our rooms and balance eating it there.
When I went to take a shower I found that I had no shampoo and that my shower head had been left pointing directly in to the bathroom rather than the tub. Before I knew it my bathroom was flooded. I called the front desk to ask to have shampoo sent up but she said she didn't know when someone from housekeeping would be available to bring it to me (when I left my room 1/2 hr later they were in my hallway with their carts).
The internet service is free, but every time you walk away from your computer for a few minutes it disconnects you and you have to log on again, another thing I have never had at any other Marriott properties.
These are all admittedly minor things, but I stick with Marriotts because they have a certain level of service. This hotel did not have that service level, except the evening front desk staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown is a brand new hotel that opened its doors to guests in November of 2004. All of our guest rooms are thoughtfully equipped with Free High-Speed Internet, Microwave, Mini Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Iron/ Iron Board, & Hairdryers. Speaker Phones featuring free local phone calls & voicemail. Complimentary Hot Breakfast, USA today, Business Center with internet access, exercise facility, and indoor heated pool and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Expedia so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Germantown Gaithersburg
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg Hotel Germantown
- Fairfield Inn Germantown
- Fairfield Germantown
- Germantown Fairfield Inn