“An Enjoyable Three and Half Months Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20141 Century Blvd, Germantown, MD 20874 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Germantown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“An Enjoyable Three and Half Months Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I started my stay when it was a Homestead Suites and it was converted to an Extended Stay America. My family and I are relocating to the Germantown area and I came several months in advance to my family. I experienced no issues during my multi month stay. I read the recent reviews and did not experience any of problems stated. In fact, I didn't see one insect at any time in my room. All front desk personnel were polite and provided the necessary services when asked. Like any place else some people are easier to deal with than others, but no one was ever really rude. I have to think real hard to come up with any real complaint. Since no place is perfect my complaint would be I wish they had more channels to choose from. However, they do have two Showtime channels. Sci-fi, TCM, etc. would be a great improvement. I'm just not an ESPN person. However, I did enjoy some of the old time reruns on the ESPN Classic. Since I knew I would be staying multiple months, I brought a DVD player and I used it to hook up to Netflix through the free Wi-Fi. I got all the movies I needed to keep me occupied. The Wi-Fi was upgrade to be faster during my stay. Compared to the price of other hotels in this area this place is a great deal for what you get. The personnel I enjoyed working with during my stay were Amena, Stephanie and Brock.,

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness center. My room was in the 100 Building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are delighted to know you felt "at home" during your stay with us. We appreciate you letting us know about the channels you are interested in and we are in the process of upgrading our channel package.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Arlington, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My friends and I stayed there as it was near the Ragnar Relay course. The front desk staff were so incredibly rude that I will never stay at another "Extended Stay America" hotel again. I called two days prior to put the reservation in a friend's name as she would be arriving first. The woman I spoke with assured me that the room had been transferred to my friend. I asked if she should still mention my name at check-in and the woman screamed "IT'S NO LONGER YOUR ROOM"!!! Sure enough, my friends arrived and were unable to check in because it was STILL under my name! The incompetence of the staff was astounding.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Melissa - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the issues that took place during your reservation process and the miscommunication that followed is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have shared your comments with the staff to ensure your experience is not repeated and that all staff upholds our standards for guest satisfaction.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at gtn @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was the worst hotel I have experienced in at least 25 years. The accommodations were dirty, and the condition of the furniture and counter spaces were quite bad with chunks of one counter missing. Finally, the room was infested with roaches, and when I reported it, nothing was done.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the condition of the room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with our team to share your comments and we are adding additional inspections from the management as well as maintenance staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at gtn@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I received an email to get a discount on my reservation, if I stayed at least 2-6 nights. Upon check in, there was a hold put on the credit card used for the full amount, not including the discount. I was not prepared for that. I questioned why the full amount was being taken and was told I had to prove to I was going to stay 2-6 nights. After I stayed 3 nights, upon check out I noticed the discount was not applied. I asked about it and was given attitude and made to feel I just told her about the discount. The discount should have showed up so the staff could see it and should have been applied from the beginning. I booked the reservation for 3 nights. If I stayed less than 2 days or more than 6, then charge me the difference. After some discussion, I was refunded the discounted amount. There should never had to have been a discussion in the first place. I did like the kitchenette area though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that there was some confusion regarding the discount that you were expecting. Our standard procedure regarding promotional offers like the one you mentioned is to process the refund at check out. This should have been very clear to you upon making your reservation and checking in. I will be sure to address proper communication of our promotions with my team. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gtn2@extendedstay.com. I hope you will consider Extended Stay Hotels as your "home away from home" and visit us again!
Germantown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The A/C wasn't working on our first night. We called the service desk for help and they couldn't fix it. We had to sleep without the air conditioning on the first night. We didn't have a good sleep. The room was so hot and smelly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hi Kevin,

After reading your review, I wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your room had issues with its air conditioning; I understand how that would be frustrating in this heat. We are currently in the midst of a renovation and our air conditioning units are one of many areas that we are focused on improving. I realize this does not change the experience that you had, however, I want you to know that we are making these changes based on the feedback of our valuable guests, like yourself. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gtn2@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. Thank you, again.
Troy, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. As a regular customer who travels to MD very often, I always choose to stay at Germantown Homestead Studio Suites. Its located right off exit 15 on I270. There are several plazas around within walking distance and it makes dining and shopping with no worries. The property is quite with plenty parking space, free internet, morning coffee and morning refreshment. Staff here are extremely friendly, front desk staff Brock and Brandy were attentive and friendly, they checked me in and they even remembered which room I stayed before. I will definitely stay here again. Nice place to stay, this hotel makes you feel like a home away from home:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. It is so rewarding to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast as well as the free WiFi. We are so pleased to hear that our location met your needs and our staff made you feel at home.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very dirty but that chick Brandy there's something wrong with her head all that color number one she looks like a chicken/man I don't know rather to call her sir or miss she's way to loud and her nails are just way to much.Anyway amena is who I would go to her voice is sweet and soft and she has always gave me a welcoming feeling

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center

Address: 20141 Century Blvd, Germantown, MD 20874 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Germantown)
Location: United States > Maryland > Germantown
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Washington-Germantown Hotel Germantown
Homestead Studio Suites Germantown
Extended Stay America Germantown
Homestead Germantown
Homestead Suites Germantown
Germantown Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.