“Not a Good Deal After All” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20141 Century Blvd, Germantown, MD 20874 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Germantown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Germantown
Buffalo, New York
“Not a Good Deal After All”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I received an email to get a discount on my reservation, if I stayed at least 2-6 nights. Upon check in, there was a hold put on the credit card used for the full amount, not including the discount. I was not prepared for that. I questioned why the full amount was being taken and was told I had to prove to I was going to stay 2-6 nights. After I stayed 3 nights, upon check out I noticed the discount was not applied. I asked about it and was given attitude and made to feel I just told her about the discount. The discount should have showed up so the staff could see it and should have been applied from the beginning. I booked the reservation for 3 nights. If I stayed less than 2 days or more than 6, then charge me the difference. After some discussion, I was refunded the discounted amount. There should never had to have been a discussion in the first place. I did like the kitchenette area though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that there was some confusion regarding the discount that you were expecting. Our standard procedure regarding promotional offers like the one you mentioned is to process the refund at check out. This should have been very clear to you upon making your reservation and checking in. I will be sure to address proper communication of our promotions with my team. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gtn2@extendedstay.com. I hope you will consider Extended Stay Hotels as your "home away from home" and visit us again!

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Germantown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The A/C wasn't working on our first night. We called the service desk for help and they couldn't fix it. We had to sleep without the air conditioning on the first night. We didn't have a good sleep. The room was so hot and smelly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hi Kevin,

After reading your review, I wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your room had issues with its air conditioning; I understand how that would be frustrating in this heat. We are currently in the midst of a renovation and our air conditioning units are one of many areas that we are focused on improving. I realize this does not change the experience that you had, however, I want you to know that we are making these changes based on the feedback of our valuable guests, like yourself. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gtn2@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. Thank you, again.
Troy, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. As a regular customer who travels to MD very often, I always choose to stay at Germantown Homestead Studio Suites. Its located right off exit 15 on I270. There are several plazas around within walking distance and it makes dining and shopping with no worries. The property is quite with plenty parking space, free internet, morning coffee and morning refreshment. Staff here are extremely friendly, front desk staff Brock and Brandy were attentive and friendly, they checked me in and they even remembered which room I stayed before. I will definitely stay here again. Nice place to stay, this hotel makes you feel like a home away from home:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. It is so rewarding to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast as well as the free WiFi. We are so pleased to hear that our location met your needs and our staff made you feel at home.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very dirty but that chick Brandy there's something wrong with her head all that color number one she looks like a chicken/man I don't know rather to call her sir or miss she's way to loud and her nails are just way to much.Anyway amena is who I would go to her voice is sweet and soft and she has always gave me a welcoming feeling

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here and the staff is very friendly and helpful. My favorite front desk staff worker was Brandy, she was extremely attentive and helpful. Brandy kept my spirits up during a difficult time in my life. Her jokes are hilarious!! I would definitely stay here again especially because of how comfortable Brandy made me feel. The rest of the staff was great but Brandy was my favorite!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you enjoy your stay here and that Brandy took such great care of you! We strive to provide all our guests with the best service possible. Thank you again for your review and I hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at Homestead Studio Suites for two months for an internship. The service has been great. Whenever I needed assistance with anything there was always someone available. Brandy checked me in and continued to check up on me throughout my stay. Dawn was also available when I had any questions or needed anything. When I stayed there they were undergoing multiple upgrades such as new mattresses, flat screen tvs, and grab and go breakfast which all have been great additions to the hotel. The hotel is located close to many restaurants, the movies, cooperation's, and even a gym(Planet Fitness).The only thing I can say I did not like about this hotel is that they didn't have a gym or a pool. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay in Germantown for a long period of time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are so happy to hear that Dawn and Brandy took such good care of you during your stay. I am glad that our location and recent room upgrades met your needs. We truly enjoyed having you visit and we look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband just got out of a Nursing/Rehab facility and not able yet to climb the 3 flights of stairs to our condo, so we are staying at the Homestead Suites until he builds up his strength and endurance. All the employees at Homestead have been SO helpful and accommodating! We HIGHLY recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center

Address: 20141 Century Blvd, Germantown, MD 20874 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Germantown)
Location: United States > Maryland > Germantown
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Germantown
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Washington-Germantown Hotel Germantown
Homestead Studio Suites Germantown
Extended Stay America Germantown
Homestead Germantown
Homestead Suites Germantown
Germantown Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.