My son got sick two days before our one-night camping trip to this lodge. It was mid-November, and not a high capacity time, so I called and asked for a refund - and was flatly refused. The owner said, 'I wouldn't make any money if I refunded a deposit every time someone got sick!' So she kept our $25 - and lost our business for good. I would never stay at a place where the owner is more concerned about keeping $25 than she is in keeping her customers happy.
- Also Known As:
- Maple Tree Campground Hotel Gapland
- Maple Tree Campground Hotel
- Maple Tree Campground Maryland/Gapland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One and a half hours from D.C. we have a small tree house campground. There are no RV hook ups. Tree houses are in the woods, each site has a fire circle, picnic table, and grill. Cottages are larger with mattresses and a wood stove. We have secluded tent sites. We are 6 miles from river rafting, tubing, horseback riding, and a ten-minute walk from the Appalachian Trail. Also, 10 minutes from a train into D.C. ... more less