We camped there once during 2011 - stayed in the Willow tree cottage. Clean and roomy. We have booked 3 more camping dates for 2012. Can't wait to go back!!! Dog friendly, clean bathrooms and showers, and the people who run the place are amazing. Our friends stayed at a neighboring tree cottage - they have booked 2 trips this year. Relaxing, private, a real get away that is close to home.
- Also Known As:
- Maple Tree Campground Hotel Gapland
- Maple Tree Campground Hotel
- Maple Tree Campground Maryland/Gapland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One and a half hours from D.C. we have a small tree house campground. There are no RV hook ups. Tree houses are in the woods, each site has a fire circle, picnic table, and grill. Cottages are larger with mattresses and a wood stove. We have secluded tent sites. We are 6 miles from river rafting, tubing, horseback riding, and a ten-minute walk from the Appalachian Trail. Also, 10 minutes from a train into D.C. ... more less