I stayed one night in the Cypress cottage while hiking the nearby Appalachian Trail. The cottage was spacious, and spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed and mattress. I had a couple special requests and the owner and associate were very gracious and went far, far out of their way to help me. This is a fantastic place run by fantastic people.
- Also Known As:
- Maple Tree Campground Hotel Gapland
- Maple Tree Campground Hotel
- Maple Tree Campground Maryland/Gapland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One and a half hours from D.C. we have a small tree house campground. There are no RV hook ups. Tree houses are in the woods, each site has a fire circle, picnic table, and grill. Cottages are larger with mattresses and a wood stove. We have secluded tent sites. We are 6 miles from river rafting, tubing, horseback riding, and a ten-minute walk from the Appalachian Trail. Also, 10 minutes from a train into D.C. ... more less