“Authentic Calif Mex!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Gambrills
Davidsonville, Maryland
“Authentic Calif Mex!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

So many Mexican restaurants here in the greater DC area turn out to be Tex Mex or Cuban or Spanish or something other than Calif Mex. Mi Casita has the Calif Mex flavors we've been missing. The salsa is fabulous. I think it's homemade, but I'm not positive. I'm a big fan of the restaurant's enchilada verdes and spinach enchiladas. The restaurant offers frijoles negros (black beans), which is a big plus in my book. We come here often, and we're never disappointed. Oh, the wait staff is wonderful, too!

Visited December 2012

North Beach, Maryland
“Underwhelming experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We decided to give Mi Casita a try after driving by it many times and reading favorable reviews online.

We arrived on a Friday night, found parking rather easily, and went inside. We had to wait 20 minutes, which isn't a huge deal.

Once we were sat, we were a little overwhelmed by the lack of flexibility on the menu. It is a large menu, but it reads at the top of each page "NO SUBSTITUTIONS!" I thought this was a little strange, especially for a Mexican restaurant. Also, the fact that most dinners here cost above 15 dollars, I'd think you'd be willing to allow substitutes since you're paying so much for Mexican food.

Now, the food was above average and the portions were large, but it has nothing about it that I haven't seen in other Mexican restaurants. Plus, for the price you pay there better be a large quantity of food.

The atmosphere here feels quite cramped. The tables are close together, and when it's crowded, I can't imagine having to cram into one of the tables.

We were both a little disenchanted with our waiter as well. It may have been a bad day for him or this may be a bad egg, but he asked us if we were ready to order twice within a couple of minutes of us sitting down. When we politely said we weren't ready, he rolled his eyes at us, which was a little unprofessional. Combine that with the hardened food my girlfriend found on the bottom of her plate and the fact that they didn't refill our chips even though we had a bowl full of salsa sitting for 15 minutes, then you could say we were underwhelmed by the service we received.

Overall, I'm not a picky guy, and maybe it was a bad night for Mi Casita, but for the price and the wait we endured, I was not impressed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic & Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Really good place to eat. I saw it on apple maps when I searched Mexican places & mi Casa popped up.

We were really happy with everything! I had the Pollo al Choriso & it was excellent. Good portion and tasted very fresh. My wife had a steak taco and a chicken burrito. She really liked both of them. No room for dessert, but I wish I did have room.

I would reccomend this place to a friend for sure!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis
“Good selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stopped into Mi Casita with my daughters about 8:30 on a Fridat night. We still had about a 10 minute wait for a table. The decor is vibrant and the service was very good. We started with margarita's - one regular ($5.75 -12 oz) and one large ($10.95 - 26oz.) that were very good. They bring chips and salsa to the table right away that were adequate but nothing special. Dinner came quickly. The chicken fajitas ($15.50) were a very generous portion and came sizzling. They were quite good. We also had the Tacos de Carnitas ($13 for 3) which were also a generous size and quite good and the Mexican steak which was quite spicy but good. We ended with the fried ice cream to share which was also the very standard dish. Meal for 3 with tax and tip was $87.

I would definitely return but would try some of the less standard dishes. I have to say my very good is more for service and atmosphere and options.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boynton Beach
“Great Local Latino Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This cozy restaurant is always busy and that is because the food is excellent and the service is just as good! If you are looking for some latin flavor, go to Mi Casita! You can get fresh guac, and anything you are craving!

Visited August 2012