“it was ok....” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Gwynn Oak, Maryland
“it was ok....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was taken to Bonefish for my birthday dinner. I haven't been to one since they first opened years ago. The atmosphere was very nice except the music was a touch too loud. Three of us were seated in a booth which was of comfortable size. The waitress came and took our drink order and appetizer. Another waitress took our dinner order. The Bang Bang shrimp was really good - obviously a popular appetizer as plates of it were coming out of the kitchen. Service seemed to vary depending on the server. Other tables seemed to automatically receive bread and olive/pesto oil. We had to ask. Two of my party ordered the Stuffed Tilapia: shrimp, crab meat, and scallops with Gruyere cheese with accompanying vegetables. I had the Diablo Shrimp with Capers, Tomatoes, Spinach Fettaccini, and cream sauce. What I did not see in the description was any hot peppers. The Diablo Shrimp was VERY spicy! HOT! So hot I almost couldn't taste it. One of my party offered me a taste of their Tilapia - I couldn't taste it because of the spicyness of the Diablo Shrimp! Otherwise, the portion was very large - enough to take the rest home for another meal. The Tilapia portions werent' that large. The house salad was very good and the hot bread was really good. All entrees were served hot. The down side: our server didn't clear any salad or appetizer plates when the entrees came out. We had quite a few dishes on our table! Also, when I asked for a "to go" box, she brought the box - and the check! We weren't offered dessert! And since it was my birthday, I would have liked to take dessert home or something! She also forgot to take the AARP discount off the bill (10% everyday!) so we had to wait for the check to be re-rung. The prices were pretty decent but portions (for fish dishes) could be a bit larger.

I would go again but not order the same dish (Diablo) as it was too spicy.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Saint Leonard, Maryland
“I give Average for this Bonefish Grill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped to have dinner at this restaurant on our way home from Baltimore yesterday. We were escorted to a table in the bar area (The hostess didn't ask our preference - dining or bar. I learned you could choose it when I heard another hostess asking another couple who walked in later. It didn't really matter since it was around 4 pm and it wasn't crowded at all. It was just funny because neither one of us drink. I'm not sure if it was because we were in the bar area, the back ground music seemed a bit too loud. Service was, I would say, average. There was nothing impressive. We had Bang Bang shrimp for appetizer. I had Swordfish with pumpkin ravioli from special menu, and my husband had Gulf Grouper. They are good. But I just wish they weren't so greasy. Since Swordfish is wood fire grilled, I didn't assume it would come out so buttery. It tasted like a whole stick of butter was melted over my dish. After having half of Bang Bang Shrimp and half of my plate (not even half, because I only ate one out of 4 raviolis), my stomach was feeling heavy and I had to stop eating. I am 49 years old now and I guess my stomach can only take so much grease. As result, my stomach is not a happy camper today and I am on chicken soup and saltine cracker diet. Just as many restaurants in this country, many entrees come in large portions and high in calories and fat. I always liked Bonefish Grill and I'm sure I'll go to one of Bonefish Grill restaurants in the future. They don't publish nutritional information so I think I should start asking for nutritional data before I make choices of orders from now on.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntingtown, Maryland
“Average chain food and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The seafood should be fresher. Everything seems to be frozen vs. fresh. Much prefer a farm to table restaurnat experience over the chain restaurants with fair service and fair-good food. Not a place I would go to with out a gift card or coupon.

Visited August 2013
Gambrills, Maryland
“Not our favorite”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Loud place. The fish was not fresh and over cooked. The competition of other restaurants in Gambrills, makes this place at the bottom of the list.

Visited May 2013
Odenton, Maryland, United States
“Not worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The place is very nice & the service was great. Food was very good but not worth raving about. The prices, however, were a bit shocking. This location is in the midst of a new shopping center (which has several other restaurants from which to choose). The problem is that the fancy atmosphere & the food do not make up for the cost of the meal. Especially when you consider all of the other choices within walking distance whose menus are comparable & prices are more reasonable. This is not about being cheap...it's about not wasting money just to see fancy decor in today's economy.

• Visited June 2013