“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Easton, Maryland
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We arrived a little before 5:30 and were seated in the dining room. My crab cake and French fries were terrific and my dates blackened delmonico steak was FAB. It was a little weird that the waitress who was very nice, asked my date what 2 sides he wanted. When she delivered the food, the main course already had 2 sides! She did take the sides off the bill through... I didn't really know what to expect especially when you read reviews that are not so nice, but the food and service was great.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Family Outing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

On the Fourth of July weekend (Saturday) 8 of us ate at Big Mary's Dock Bar. Some of us drove over, the rest came by boat ride. This is probably our 4th or 5th visit here. The food is average but good and the service is always great. On weekend evenings the bar area usually has live entertainment ranging from a three or four piece group to a single musician on a guitar. It's a pleasant evening relaxing with family.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Davidsonville, Maryland
“Terrible management and service from Pirates Cove Restaurant in Galesville MD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband made a reservation for Mother's Day as a special treat for me. Shortly after we arrived, it was clear in my opinion that the staff was overwhelmed. The service was slow and not very organized. The kitchen staff could not keep up with the food orders, and there were significant delays in being served. We decided to cut our losses, pay for the drinks we ordered, and leave.

We expressed our concerns to the staff at the hostess desk. She was not a member of management and went to get someone who could help us. My husband offered to pay for the drinks to the member of management and expressed his displeasure with the experience that day and in his opinion how poorly everything was managed that day. The manager was very discourteous and asked my husband to take the discussion outside at which time he promptly locked us out of the establishment.

So much for making a reservation in advance, arriving on time, expecting to pay a fair price for a meal, and being treated so poorly. I was a repeat customer and a boater, and I have dined there several times in the past with family and friends. I will make a point never to patronize them again after being treated so rudely and with such a lack of civility as a customer, and I will recommend the same to my extensive network of fellow boaters which I am sure is a mainstay of their business.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Try the Crab Soup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The restaurant was very busy that Saturday night. Although we had a 7:30 reservation for 7 people, we weren't seated until almost 8:15. Our server, Cory, was a nice kid and when one of the party asked for separate checks he was happy to oblige. I highly recommend the Cream of Crab soup, and if you like sherry, request some on the side and pour some in. Delicious. The Fish & Chips were average and not at all greasy. I substituted the regular fries with sweet potato fries for an extra dollar and requesting that they be well-done if at all possible, but they came out very, very limp.

There was a live band playing in the bar area. Customers were dancing and seemed to be having a good time.

If you arrive by boat, the restaurant is right at the marina.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grasonville, Maryland
“Excellant Romantic Waterfront Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our first time there. What a wonderful waterfront window view relaxing setting.The West River was frozen and the geese were migrating to the south while we dined. Our dinner was excellent beginning with the Cream of crab soup. The Seafood Pasta Shrimp, scallops and crab meat sautéed with garlic and herbs tossed with linguine was as good as it gets compared to any any of our 5 star restaurant visits. My finance had their traditional lump sauteed crab cake that was too much for her to finish however I do take credit for completing the meal for her.
A nice quite drive to a relaxing setting apart from the craziness of downtown Annapolis and it's parking problems.. I look forward to return on our engagement anniversary.

• Visited January 2014