“Quiet and Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Baltimore, Maryland
“Quiet and Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by one of my vendors and I was surprising very pleased with my stay. I was hesitent about going to an unknown hotel and one that was out of my priviledged hotel network. But, I was assured that if I wanted a quiet, clean place to stay, then Extended Stay would be perfect. Even though I sacrified my hotel points, I was very rested anytime I needed it. My work schedule is very sporatic and demanding, so being able to sleep at anytime, is very important to me. And the staff, especially Gladys, was very friendly and helpful Thanks again for this restful experience.

Room Tip: Choose an end room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am proud of our team member Gladys for providing you an unforgettable stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated.

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice in the past month and had very good experience. The room is clean and has a functional kitchen. If you like to cook something simple and have a meal in the room, it is the place for you. Staffs are friendly and very helpful. Room cleaning is available on a weekly base. However, you can schedule more as you need. For the value and convenience that you can get for the price, it is a great hotel to stay. A DVD player will be helpful for longer stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your enjoyable experience with us. We welcome you to our growing "Kitchen Lovers" family and I hope you have tried our cook book, Away From Home Cooking, with the famous Sunny Anderson recipes. We would love to have your favorite recipe featured in our next edition.

Our entire staff is thrilled that you really enjoy your stay. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel before and I did not have any problem so when it was time for us to reserve blocks of rooms for my mom's 85th birthday, this hotel was first in my list. C/I was supposed to be 8/16/13 with C/O on 8/19/13 with last day to cancel at 6 PM on day of arrival (per reservation agent). I tried to cancel all rooms on 8/15/13 at 9:30 pm and I kept being referred to a different number, when I called different number, there was someone who answered but barely spoke English and tried to put me on hold but disconnected me. Subsequent calls were answered by automated service which connected me to numbers no longer in service. We are going to be very busy the next day so my wife and I came to hotel at 12:30 AM on 8/16/13 and went to the lobby and was advised either to call a number or go to another lobby. We tried to call the number but it was the same automated forwarding message that is no longer in service so we went to the other lobby where a cleaning lady (she admitted that she answered my first call) referred us to manager on duty sleeping in one of the rooms. He did not want to cancel it and told us to come back in the morning; he became argumentative after we insisted that reservations be cancelled right there and then because we did not have time to come back in the morning. We also advised him about changing the answering service message and he said that it is not his responsibility to change it. Also, He started quoting American Express contract with us about not cancelling reservation made prior to last day on cancellation even though it was already 8/16/13 at around 2 AM. He finally relented and cancelled all reservations grudgingly. Employee has last name of Shane with first name initial at H. It was really a bad experience for us and we will think twice again to reserve rooms again at this hotel because of this experience. We felt that we were aggravated for nothing. This manager needs to be retrained again with hospitality service.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear about the experienced you encountered. As the hotel’s manager, I have looked into all the issues mentioned.

We have tested the phone lines to make sure they are working properly and to ensure that your experience is not repeated, I have re-trained our night staff to handle these and any other similar situation in a more appropriate way.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcg@extendedstay.com.

We would love to have another opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

As we were there for a month,it was comfortable place .they provides a small space for kitchen providing all necessary goods u need everyday.weekly clean the rooms by their cleaner.they have a great lawn backside of the hotel.kids found a nice place to walk around.although their refrigerator system was not good,my cooked foods in the refrigerator often got bad smell.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms in second floor as they have less A/C noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I work for a construction company in the area and we stay in this property almost every week and the staff makes me feel apreciated especially the front desk clerk wilson I will recomend this hotel to everyone

• Stayed July 2013
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Great people, very friendly..will visit again for sure. Everyone is very helpful especially a worker at the hotel named Wilson.When we entered our room everything was clean and smelled beautiful.Almost like if my Mother would of cleaned the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I travel frequently for on-site IT client support. And often, it involves providing support around the clock, so my down time is very limited and varies. Thus, it's very critical that when I do get a chance to rest, that my room is quiet and peaceful. I've stayed at numerous other large multi-level franchise hotels and had various negative experiences during my stay. But, my latest travel experience at Extended Stay, was consistently great. I was able to access my room quickly and rested peacefully. The check in and out process was fast and efficient. And the staff was very courteous and professional.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Joshua - Thank you for posting such a great review. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments about how efficient your check-in and check-out process was. As well, because of this, you were able to rest peacefully.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North

Address: 205 Professional Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Location: United States > Maryland > Gaithersburg
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.