Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   205 Professional Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
“Feel happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Mr. Ireland and ms.pineda, and the staff are real professional at work . The hotel is confortable,clean and nice to stay. I have been living in this hotel for the past 7 years if feels like home, no other place would be more enjoyable for stay

• Stayed November 2012
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that you feel our staff is very professional and the rooms are very confortable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I am only 21 years old and its kind of boring to just stay in a hotel room day and night but there's plenty restaurants and sports bars close to extended stay which is great . It is defenetly well located .the working staff is always available to help. I playe basketball but I don't know the area pretty well,so I asked foe help and they help me find the nearest basketball court around the hotel they even print out a map with the directions that shows how much they care about their guests.it was awesome my only complaint is that they do not have satellite tv only basic cable I guess

• Stayed December 2011
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were able to assist you with finding a place for you to play basketball. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I staid at extended stays, i by far it has been one if the best hotel experience i've had. They don't have a pool or a jacuzzi or none that but the customer service made it worth it. Whenever i had a problem or a question the staff was always friendly and helpful. Specially the spanish receptionist, i had a problem with the internet, and he was very helpful and insightful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone statin in Maryland!!! And btw this is the only hotel that i can honestly say that management demonstrate the care they have for their guest. It made me feel like my problems were their first and only concern.

• Stayed November 2011
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this hotel every week it's a second home to me very comfortable, friendly staff and has great service you would love it. The area is convenient restaurants, places to shop the works my family and I are staying here for the holidays hope to see u here also

• Stayed October 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was of great help during your stay with us.. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
maple shade nj
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

What a horrible hotel this is. It is a nightmare. Let me just say that you only get housekeeping if you stay more than 6 days...enough said...The place is disgusting dirty. There are bugs all over the room. Ants and who knows what else. I had ants and bugs in my bed. I called the management to let them know and was told that they have "ant spray" that I could use...Are you serious? so I should spray chemicals in my bed and then lay in them brilliant!!! They refused to allow me to change my room so I destroyed ants my entire week stay…they advertise free breakfast, yeah well there is not breakfast unless you consider an apple or oranges breakfast...also the place is filled with contractor type people who make it very uncomfortable to walk around. I am 6'4 240lbs and I was nervous. I would never ever wish anyone ever stay in this landfill of a hotel. To add insult to injury as I left there was someone with a dog getting onto the elevator "With a dirty towel hanging on the elevator railing" the dog went to the bathroom on the floor and the owner just got on the elevator and walked away leaving a puddle of dog urine on the floor...I called the staff and they said it would be a while for someone to come clean it up…trash dump is not enough strong enough to describe the horrible that is this bug/flea infested hotel!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The events which you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am going to be speaking to my entire staff to ensure that this type of poor guest service does not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at jireland@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

1) The staff will speak spanish to each other behind the front desk with you standing right there. Come to realize 99% of the staff is of hispanic culture, apparently thats all the hispanic manager hires and which is needed because their maid service personel does NOT speak english! So if you are looking for a diverse staff that an american business should have then this is not the place. 2) Standing in the lobby to put in a complaint and while i waited i saw another person complaining about the same thing i was going to and watched as what i found out to be the area manager shew his hand at the guest and walked away with disregard. The complaint i thought was put very well by the other guest explaining that the staff should not walk in and out of rooms as they decide to on non emergency situations. After seeing her walk away and the rolls of eyes an attitude by the staff as though they were right and she was wrong with no apology and no good result for the other guest, i decided i would get no where with them so i walked away, but not before seeing the maintenance man and another staff member making fun and laughing at another guest and at which point i am disgusted with the unprofessional staff! 3) There is no where to sit outside unless you like an old dirty picnic table surrounded by trash! 4) There is what appears to me as alot of criminal activity at this hotel. I couldnt walk down the hall without smelling an awful stinch, witnesses what looked like drug deals and several prostitutes, which seem to fair well with the staff. In general... There is alot wrong with this hotel! You cant feel comfortable nor get good sleep here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review about our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am grateful for this opportunity to respond to your remarks. Please believe that our hotel has a firm commitment to professional and warm guest service. We strive to teach our staff to be appropriate in both appearance and action. Clearly, there was a break down in our training in your situation, so I have brought your concerns directly to the attention of each of our employees so that we can prevent a recurrence of the incident you had.

Lebanon, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel was chosen as an alternative to a higher-priced, well-known hotel closer to the tournament in Germantown that we were playing in. Its a shame to have to be so harsh in a review, but people need to be fully aware of the current state of this hotel before they book a reservation here. I am screaming to you - spend the extra $70100 a night, it is worth every cent and then some to avoid staying here.

Location - as inaccessible as it could be - as far away from anything of value in Germantown or Gaithersburg MD. NOTHING is within walking distance. You have to drive down a no-outlet industrial drive and make a U-turn to get there. It is NOT in a desirable part of town.

Lobby-Check In Service: Terrible. Desk attendant barely spoke English, checked two of our parties into rooms that were not cleaned, and literally blamed us for checking in too early - 6 PM - because their housekeeping staff were short that day. This is America - get off your butt and get your job done or get another job. When it was finally pointed out and comprehended that 1 king bed was not what was ordered and 2 doubles were needed, immediately the desk clerk questioned the age of my daughter (16) and said "where is she staying?" DUH - In the room with us, you idiot, what has that got to do with the lousy service you are providing? Spent the rest of the time on personal cell phone speaking spanish on personal calls. Lobby was small, cramped, and no where to sit when waiting, because the 3 seats available were taken up by 3 teenage boys who were socially and intellectually challenged, and didn't know how to offer my wife/daughter/wife's friend a seat.

Room - wrong room was given to us and our friends who also booked here on our recommendation - it was dirty and had the wrong beds. This was apparently our fault according to the Hispanic guest clerk who had an attitude to match the run down state of this hotel. Once a correct room was obtained (45 minutes later) it was OK - a 2 out of 5 stars - the bathroom is bigger than the kitchen so don't plan on much. Rooms were small. 2 double beds 2 night stands, and a desk with a TV on it are all that fit in the "suite". Beds were OK - not good, OK, and pillows smelled wrong. Buy some new ones at wal-mart for heaven's sake.

Cleanliness - poor. Not horrible, but poor. Elevator smlled like a dirty pile of laundry, the third floor reeked so bad of someone's cooking of kimchee or something else that was fermented, with no HVAC exhaust available on that floor's hallway, and the rooms' bathrooms were dirty - toilet sink and shower all looked like they had not been hand-cleaned in 2 weeks. Hotel carpet was worn and frayed, place looked like it had not been remodeled since 1985.

Amenities - what amenities? Oh they were paving the parking lot (nice to let us know that at check in rather than when we booked a few weeks ago). They shoved all cars into 2 small side lots, and some people had to park outside the hotel complex and walk in on that day. Nice.

Management - non-existent. Non-functional. Should be non-employed.

Parking - this place is a haven for out-of-town contractors working in the area. The only problem resulting from that is that the parking spaces are skinny and the 300 Dodge Ram 2500s in the lot (and I have one at home so I know exactly what I am talking about) make for some really tight squeezes into spaces.

Swimming Pool - didn't go.
Restaurant - Didn't go. Didn't trust it after the nightmare of checking in and lobby experience.

Room Tip: There are good rooms at Holiday Inn Express.