“I really enjoyed this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 20%
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Los Angeles, California
“I really enjoyed this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I stayed here for two nights, and I just wanted to let you all know that this is a lovely hotel! The rooms are a good size and are decorated very nicely.

The gentleman at the front desk was very informative, polite, and made me feel welcomed.

The location is great, and there are lots of restaurants in the area.

Anyway, I give this hotel a big thumbs up, I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
Hello Nayola...I'd like to sincerely thank you for the positive comments that you made about our hotel during your most recent stay here. I have shared your comments with our staff at a recent meeting.
I am pleased that we were able to provide you good service and accommodations and look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
Yale Feldman

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
OHIO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

I just came back from a stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. I was there for a conference and it was the host hotel. There was free parking and the grounds were in good shape. The lobby and restaurant/bar were modern and contemporary. Check-in was easy and the employee was polite. The problems began when they gave me a room and when I went to it there was a do not disturb sign on it. I knocked a couple of times and then entered thinking someone playing a prank moved the sign from another room. No luck, the room was dirty and maybe occupied as I did not stay to check. I had to carry everything back to the desk where the clerk apologized but offered nothing for my trouble.
The room looked alright, flat screen new beds and wallpaper. But the carpet was badly stained and made me leery to take off my shoes. Free Wi-Fi worked well. Two things I hate were happening in the bathroom. The tub drained slowly and you ended up standing in water. Yuk. And the toilet was loose. You felt that if you were not careful you would fall off of the seat or it would tip over.
There was a nice workout area (machines, free weights, treadmills and ellipticals) that even had a locker room with showers. Nice sized indoor pool with real live lifeguard watching over everything. The pool was too cold to go in though. There is a hot tub/spa. It was nice except there was so much sanitizer in it that I could still smell it after two showers. I did not go in again.
Typical hotel bar prices and it stayed open until midnight. The restaurant is another story. I went in for breakfast one morning and it was lacking. A co-worker and I were sat at a table and were not given a menu. Thought that was strange. Then the manager, I guess it was the manager as he was in a suit and tie but could not speak English told us to go to the buffet. It was your typical buffet that would be included at any other good hotel for free. But after the waitress not coming over for coffee or other needs we had to basically beg for our bill and it was $33.00 for the two of us and that was without a tip. Just consider yourself warned.
Over all I would not go back and luckily the conference is moving next year to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Hello WK0119.. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel for your previous stay. We appreciate the time that you took and the positive comments that you made about the hotel. Just as importantly, we appreciate your pointing out some shortcomings you feel you experienced so that we can address and correct the deficiencies described. We take observations and comments from our guest very seriously and will strive to improve our service and offerings in all areas. I look forward to serving you again in the future shoudl your travels bring you back to the Gaithersburg, MD area.
Yale Feldman, General Manager
Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton in order to attend a friend's wedding. We booked under the block. The staff was friendly and helpful with all of our questions. I especially was fond of their transportation service and great staff. The hotel offers a free shuttle and our driver was so nice and accomodating with our transportation needs. Our room was great, very spacious, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Hi Eli79md...Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! We are pleased to know that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and convenient! It is our desire to provide exceptional service and for you to enjoy the value for your money. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This hotel is perfect! Gorgeous, updated facilities. Curteous, accomodating staff, and lovely rooms all made our stay so enjoyable. I will never book another hotel in this area....this is perfect and such a great price for everything you get!!! Highly recommend!!!

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Damascus, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I cannot say enough good things about the service and staff at this Hilton. I stayed there on my wedding weekend. They provided shuttle to and from my wedding venue. The shuttle driver was curteous and prompt. The hotel staff was very friendly and welcoming, and super accomodating... allowing us late check out in the morning. The sales manager who set up my room block was SO helpful and friendly. She kept me up to date on room rentals and went out of her way to make sure my friends had mini-fridges when they requested them.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Hi melissa20855...

Thank you for taking the time in acknowledging our positive impact that we had on one of the most memorable times of your life. It is a joint effort from team Gaithersburg to WOW, SATISFY and EXCEED our customers expectations as much as possible.
We are very delighted to know your wedding was sucessful as we wish you blessings and prosperity in your journey of happiness!!!

Once again, thanks for giving us the opportunity and hopefully we will see soon!!!!!!
Maple Grove, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I have stayed at many Hiltons and this is nothing but a Hilton. The corporation needs to know what is going on in this place! Problems in EVERY room! I moved from one room to find the problem in that room. I just decided to stay it out and hope it got better. It did NOT!
I complained about items that needed repair and they never fixed them. They have NO QUALITY....THIS is their problem. NOBODY is personally going into each and every room for an inspection to find the knobs fall off the faucet, hot water on cold water, lights burnt out, door handles that do not open the door properly, the list is ENDLESS! Some of them seem to want to change the place, but there is a lot of staff whose morale is either too low because of the constant complaints they must hear, or they simply just don't care
Ice machines don't work. elevators and hallways are humid and smell. I had stayed there a 3 times prior and the items I complained about were STILL not working! Thewashers and dryers were missing knobs and there was a pair of pliers to help those that could figure how to use them to make it work. The cleaning people start making a racquet around 7:20 AM and begin knocing on doors at 8:20...MUST USE DO NOT DISTURB SIGN! BUT it won't help! The cleaning boss checks each and every room that was supposedly checked out by knocking with a key on the door, yelling HOUSEKEEPING! and then proceeding inside the door...having the door slam behind her BOOOM!...only to have her come out, letting the door slam behind her and repeating the same damn thing to the next room! UP AND DOWN TH HALLWAY WHEN PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP!!!!!! I am NOT a morning person and I get VERY ANGRY when I have to be awoken by members and managing of the cleaning team SLAMMING DOORS...YELLING DOWN THE HALLWAY IN SPANISH AND HEARING THE RESPONSE. I want to know each of their addresses and on their day off start banging on THEIR door and yell HOUSEKEEPING! I was never so livid and I will NEVER EVER BE BACK!!!!!!
I have been in every hotel between Germantown and Bethesda and I will stay at a Motel 6 or sleep in my car before going here. This is one of the WORST multiple experiences I had to endure. I thought I needed to give them a second...a third...a fourth chance. They are consisitent...at striving to be the WORST hotel in the DC-MD area.
The Hilton should be informed about their misuse of their name. Conrad is probably rolling over in his grave.
My nickname for this 'hotel' is the "Hanoi Hilton"
Do NOT STAY HERE! The Holiday Inn nearby was a far better stay than here....and even the Rockville Hilton...they were also great!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Hilton for 3 days for a wedding. The problems started on arrival: we were given a smoking room with one king sized bed even though my pre-paid reservation specifically stated non-smoking, and the person at the front desk that I spoke with assured me that he put a notation to request two double beds. Their excuse was simply, "we are fully booked, so this is the only room we can give you." After a fair amount of reasoning, they compensated us with two free breakfast tickets and moved us into a non-smoking room with two beds the next day.

The Good:
--The rooms were a little dated--stained carpet, worn furniture, but the beds were clean and comfortable.
--Free wi-fi throughout the hotel with free printing at the business center
--Spacious pool and fitness center
--Nearby shopping center within walking distance
--Free hotel parking

The Bad:
--I had to call to request an item on behalf of the bride (the wedding coordinator promised that a full-length mirror would be available in the room) three times, and visit the front desk in person one time in order to finally get it to her room. It would have been faster, easier, and less frustrating for me to go to Target to buy one.
--The wedding coordinator also promised to send breakfast to the bridal suite at 10:00 am the morning of the wedding. At 10:30, we called to see if the food was on it's way. The catering manager had no idea that we were supposed to receive breakfast, and at close to 11:00 we finally received the food (which was wonderful, to their credit).
--My parent's room was not serviced after returning to the room in the late afternoon (the privacy sign was not on the door). I stopped by the front desk to request for housekeeping. On return three hours later, the room was still not clean.
--After the wedding, more than thirty of the guests became seriously ill, with all the hallmarks of food poisoning: chills, fever, stomach cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea! Horrible!

Constantly correcting the mistakes of the staff (specifically one associate named BG) should not be the guest's responsibility. This was a disappointing, frustrating, and a literally sickening stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!