The Hilton Gaitherbsurg was the required residence for a conference I was attending. It kinda feels like it in the middle of nowhere, but it is just near a mall (within 5 minutes' walking distance) and the hotel van will take you anywhere within a 5-minute ride between 7am and 10pm, which includes the Shady Grove Metro Station and the Washingtonian Center outdoor mall.
The food at the hotel was hit or miss. I never had breakfast, but dinner was so-so. The crab bisque was great, while the caesar salad lacked seasoning, as did the filet mignon.
One nice touch was the pichers of water (seasoned with spices and fruit) at the elevator stand on the lobby floor. I tried more than one glass and found it to be great, but it was difficult to know when they would appear and for how long.
Ditto the Starbucks and the mini-shopping area (for essentials) in the lobby. It was always open in the morning, but I never once saw them open in the afternoon or evening.
The rooms are big and comfortable. Can't open the windows, but I am used to that by now--you can't open windows in most hotels now. Wireless internet access was strong, usually, but got slow once in a while.
Business center was small, but adequate if you only needed to print your boarding pass.
One issue with service had me upset. I called for room service and let the phone ring 30-50 times. Then I called the front deak and explained. They apologized and said the restaurant would call me. 10 minutes later, they had not. I called the front desk again and they apologized and said the front desk would check on it and call me back. They never did, so I went out to eat.
And I met the most wonderful employee--Timothy--who drove the van. He must've seen my mood because in the 5-minute drive to the Washingtonian Center, he changed my mood from dour to really quite happy. I commend him and whoever hired him.
Check in and check out was quick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg Hotel is conveniently located just outside Washington D.C. in the heart of the highly active I-270 Corridor. Gaithersburg, MD is an upscale business, entertainment and residential area in suburban Maryland, in close proximity to Bethesda, Rockville and Germantown Maryland as well as Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. The Metro station is close by and easily accessible via the hotel complimentary shuttle service.Style, comfort, service and convenience are pillars of the Hotel which is richly appointed throughout with the Signature Hilton Serenity Beds, 37" flat screen high definition TV's, complimentary in-room WiFi, in-rrom single cup coffee makers, luxury amentities and a host of other upgrades to make your stay comfortable. The hotel also has an indoor-outdoor pool and a fully Precor equipped health and fitness facility. For dining and entertainment, the hotel is proud of its Rooks Corner Restaurant serving three meals a day in a comfortable and inviting setting. The plentiful offerings include a full breafast buffet with omelet and waffle station as well as a la carte breakfast and for lunch and dinner are of American fare including succulent steaks, seafood sandwiches and salads. The hotel also presents a Starbucks coffee shop, and a bar and lounge with a complete selection of beverages including single malt scotches and small batch bourbons served along side complimentary hors d'oeuvres on week nights. If you are planning a meeting or conference, the hotel is fully equipped with a ballroom and meeting spaces totaling over 17,000 square feet and complete banquet and catering menus and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Washington Dc North Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Hilton