“Average, good enough” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
New York City, New York
“Average, good enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

It was for a sport tournament and we stayed there as a huge group. I didn't have a choice of staying elsewhere and was hoping this hotel to be nice or good enough, and it was.

The room wasn't impressive at all but at least cleaned and well equipped.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Danvers, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The room was clean, beds very comfortable. I loved the down comforter on the beds, and the choice of pillows. There was a fridge in the room, although we didn't use it. My only complaint was the food. Breakfast buffet was plentiful but pricey, and there weren't many options for me as a gluten free individual. I paid way too much for an omelet with some fruit on the side. Disappointing. Also, the in-house coffee shop wasn't open on Sunday. I had to walk to a nearby Panera for a cup of coffee. So. . .the room was great, the food was disappointing.

topeka, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Excellent employees who want to make your stay enjoyable. Within walking distance to a little strip mall for a few more choices of restaurants to eat at. I would definitely come back to stay at this hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Disappointed you were unable to bring in outside food to the pool area. We were there with a softball team. The girls wanted to order pizza but there was not an area to eat it in altogether. The pool was clean, however, they closed it too early and you couldnt enjoy the area with friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Germantown, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My stay was only for one night but this hotel reminded me of a best western for example. There was nothing that made it seem luxury like I thought Hilton Hotels were. I guess I could say I expected more. The room and hotel was clean. I had no issues what so ever. Howvere the rooms could be slightly updated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were in from out of state and needed accommodations. The Hilton was convenient. Everything was great until we went for breakfast before leaving. There was only one server who only offered the buffet even after asking for menus. Paid $16.00 per person for the breakfast buffet of which we didn't care for. We were treated like cattle. Changed my whole experience at the hotel, which is sad for the hotel. The front desk staff was great

Earleville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I would not stay hear if your looking for team oriented stay and experience. Advrtised a pool and grill then wouldnt allow us to eat by the grill area. We were repeatedly told one story by staff then another contradictory statement from anoher staff member.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Scott D, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I do appreciate you taking the time in bringing to my attention your experiences which I certainly agree with you that it’s beyond the standards of Hilton Gaithersburg. It’s certainly our goal to extend the value of service to our customers and when we fall short, it gives me the opportunity to invigorate the team to work harder.
For a customer of your caliber that spend so many days in hotels, you have a very good understanding of value hence your clarity for me to help my team to get better and grow.
It is surprising to me that you feel our Hotel does not cater to teams. Team groups for this Hotel is our bread and butter, we cater to more sports team than any other group. I will meet with my team and see how this miscommunication could have happened. I hope that your travel may bring you back to the Gaithersburg area, and if so I hope that you give us another opportunity to showcase our service.

I sincerely appreciate your time and concerns to share with me where we fell short.

Been to Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!