“Very Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Germantown, United States
“Very Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My stay was only for one night but this hotel reminded me of a best western for example. There was nothing that made it seem luxury like I thought Hilton Hotels were. I guess I could say I expected more. The room and hotel was clean. I had no issues what so ever. Howvere the rooms could be slightly updated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were in from out of state and needed accommodations. The Hilton was convenient. Everything was great until we went for breakfast before leaving. There was only one server who only offered the buffet even after asking for menus. Paid $16.00 per person for the breakfast buffet of which we didn't care for. We were treated like cattle. Changed my whole experience at the hotel, which is sad for the hotel. The front desk staff was great

Earleville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I would not stay hear if your looking for team oriented stay and experience. Advrtised a pool and grill then wouldnt allow us to eat by the grill area. We were repeatedly told one story by staff then another contradictory statement from anoher staff member.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Scott D, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I do appreciate you taking the time in bringing to my attention your experiences which I certainly agree with you that it’s beyond the standards of Hilton Gaithersburg. It’s certainly our goal to extend the value of service to our customers and when we fall short, it gives me the opportunity to invigorate the team to work harder.
For a customer of your caliber that spend so many days in hotels, you have a very good understanding of value hence your clarity for me to help my team to get better and grow.
It is surprising to me that you feel our Hotel does not cater to teams. Team groups for this Hotel is our bread and butter, we cater to more sports team than any other group. I will meet with my team and see how this miscommunication could have happened. I hope that your travel may bring you back to the Gaithersburg area, and if so I hope that you give us another opportunity to showcase our service.

I sincerely appreciate your time and concerns to share with me where we fell short.
Upper Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The price we paid seems high. I see it advertised for less. Our total was $188 for one night but online price was just $120. We didn't book the reservations ourselves so I didn't have the opportunity to price shop. Maybe it was the date we stayed? There were 5 buses there that night. The hotel was nice, clean, and attractive. The food in the restaurant was good. The lounge/bar was convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
rockville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The check-in staff was outstanding. The one drawback t this hotel is that there is an add on $60 per room per night if you are using a debit card. That removed $180 from my account for a 3 night stay that I had not planned on. I found that to be excessive. Outside of that services rendered for price paid was very satisfactory

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

washington dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We live in Gaithersburg and decided to spend the night at this "home town" hotel so we could watch the Fourth of July Fireworks celebration held just across the street from the hotel. Could not believe a property this outstanding and so close to D.C. could be so reasonably priced. Had a wonderful dinner at Rooks restaurant, watched the fireworks sitting on the tailgate of our car, followed up with a night cap in the hotel bar and ended with a great night's sleep in our exceptionally comfortable room. Next morning we had a glorious breakfast buffet at Rooks, then checked out of the hotel to return home -- just six miles away. We'll definitely return to this Hilton in the future to take advantage of Rooks and the cocktail lounge. And we're already making plans to repeat our Fourth of July excursion next year -- although we'll book early to get a top floor room with a balcony from which to watch the fireworks. This place was a real find for us -- a gem.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Let me start off by saying, the employees are cordial. Not over-friendly just cordial. I can live with that. The hotel is just filthy! We were first given room 150. This room was FILTHY! ALL of the surfaces were covered in dust. The bed had a broken spring...cracked in two...does no one notice these things when they make the bed? One bed spread was dirty and their were crumbs, VISABLE crumbs on the floor. The a/c unit was covered in dirt, black dirt. I wiped it down before we turned it on. I showed the front desk people the wipes (with the filth). All they said was we will give you another room. No one came to help move luggage, no apology, nothing. We were sent to room 808. I would not call 808 filthy just poorly cleaned. Again, every surface, piece of furniture etc, covered in dust and crumbs on the carpet between the beds. Either every vacuum cleaner is broken or the housekeeping staff eats while "cleaning." Housekeeping needs an overhaul at this hotel. Even the common areas are dirty. I don't mean traffic dirt or suitcase marks on the walls by the elevators, I mean dirty. Cobwebs and dirt in the air vents in the hall ways.

The only reason I didn't give this hotel a ZERO star was that the bartender lady was great (can't remember her name). Very fun and great service, truly the best part of the stay was her and the rest of the bar staff. The food was good but expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Scott D, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hockey Mom. Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton in Gaithersburg. It is surprising to me that you feel that your room was not up to your expectation. We have consistently pass with high score our Quality Assurance inspections for cleanliness of our rooms, and that we have an an experienced and dedicated housekeeping staff. I am currently reviewing our inspection process to ensure that the rooms are not released for rental until the inspection has given the room a green light. We hope that your travels will bring you back to the Gaithersburg area, and to give us an opportunity to showcase our service. Thank you once again for your review.

Been to Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!