“Great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
San Francisco, California
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Obviously if you're staying in this area you're traveling for work, not vacation. And this is a great hotel for work trips. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Loads of parking. Walking distance to a bunch of stores and restaurants. Great bar and they have vegan options on their menus! Nice big rooms, nice bathrooms, very nice beds, and the wifi is strong. I tried most of the hotels in the area and now I always stay here. Oh and the fitness center is good--about twice as much equipment as other hotels in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hello Bay A—Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for all of the great things you had to say about our hotel. We do pride ourselves on being a solid business oriented hotel, with a staff that makes us proud, and appreciate your comments on aspects of our hotel which may be of interest to other business travelers. Personal endorsements are always the best! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area.

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lockport NY, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I nice place as far as rooms and such . . . but I fell into the elvator and was injured on the Sunday evening of my stay. The floor of the elevator was approx. 10" BELOW the level of the floor. It was reported, and I later learned that the problem existed on Saturday evening as well, and that the hotel HAD been informed of the malfunction, and apparently did NOTHING about it. They let the elevator continue to operate . . . no warning signs were posted . . . NOTHING. Upon checkout, no one at the desk inquired as to my well-being, and there was NO offer of any sort of compensation or adjustment to my bill. I was not even allowed to have a copy of the incident report!!! I was told that I would hear from their insurance company "today or tomorrow" . . . that was 4 days ago, and still no contact. I have stayed here for an annual event held nearby for many, many years . . . and will never stay again. POOR customer service, to say the least.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Hi M. Douglas,

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the unfortunate incident that occurred while you were staying with us. Based on the internal investigation that was done, the dialogue between you and the Manager on Duty for the evening, confirmed you acknowledged the open door and the gap off the landing. With concern and empathy, you were offered the opportunity for medical assistance or if anything that could have been done for you which resulted in "No" being your response. We certainly take great pride and care of our customers hence the offering of medical care from the professionals. The Night Manager, who reached out to you directly to ensure we rectified the situation, communicated with the team your denial of medical care or the need of anything additional as you were ok and just making known the awareness of the mishap. Our Front Office Manager in the morning offered the acknowledgment form which is the customers copy stating the record of the incident which was not your expectation.

On behalf of team Gaithersburg, we do thank you for staying with us and truly sorry for any misunderstanding of we not caring about your incident.

Warm regards,

C. Clarke
Dir. Of Rooms
Meadville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

When we booked this room the description stated that a "deluxe room" featured 2 queen size beds, a comfortable armchair with ottoman, fridge, microwave, and a continental breakfast included in our rate. Upon arriving, however, our room was very small with only 2 full size beds. No fridge, no microwave, and no comfy armchair. We also found dead flies in our room. Upon calling down to the front desk we were informed there were no queen size beds in the hotel and that a fridge could be provided to us for and additional $20 per night. Although they were gracious enough to upgrade us and give us a fridge at no charge, I could've done without the attitude we received from the woman working the front desk throughout the whole ordeal. We were also informed that there was indeed a breakfast buffet available... At an additional charge of $15. What is considered a standard room at other hotels we have stayed in, would have been a costly trip at the Hilton. There was nothing "deluxe" about the accommodations.

The gentleman at the front desk was friendly enough upon check-in, however the woman working could use some customer service skills. The only positive to the service was an absolutely wonderful housekeeper who was extremely accommodating, friendly, and helpful. The shuttle service to the metro station was also very convenient as we did not want to drive through the city.

Overall I was not impressed with the level of service we received at this Hilton. Having stayed in other Hilton hotels, I expected more from them. 2 stars is generous and purely based on our experience with the housekeeping staff. Get your act together Hilton Gaithersburg!

• Stayed November 2013
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello Kfav1013—Thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent stay in the area. I also appreciate that you posted a review to let us know of your concerns, so that we have the opportunity to explain and correct, if necessary. I have read your comments in detail and have shared them with our Director of Rooms Operations. We are both somewhat concerned about your comments as our Hilton website does not state that our “deluxe rooms” feature 2 queen size beds along with the other amenities you mentioned. We do offer fridge and microwave in some of our rooms, but they are all configured as king Size bed rooms. The following represents information taken from the room description on the Hilton.com website for the double bedded room.
2 DOUBLE BEDS
Each guest room offers a 37-inch TV, Hilton Alarm Clock Radio with MP3 connection, chair, luxury dark wood work station,….complimentary high-speed wireless internet connection, coffee maker,…. Our Hilton Serenity Bed features luxurious, allergen-free down comforter and pillows, elegantly striped 250 thread count sheets and duvet cover, plus a mattress set custom designed for added support and comfort.

Our “deluxe rooms” in the 2 bed category are essentially the same, but are located on the 11th and 12th floor, with balconies on the 12th floor. The only rooms that are offered with continental breakfast in these categories are the benefit offered to Hhonors members.

We input the descriptions through our Hilton Website administrator, and then any other descriptions on other internet sites are taken from that source. If you read a different description on another web site or booking source, I would appreciate knowing it, so that we can get it corrected.
I do apologize however, if this was not explained to you properly or if you felt that our service agents did not communicate properly. I will share your comments with them. I also thank you for the positive comments you did make as it is important to let our staff know of their efforts, and which amenities are important to our guests.
I look forward to serving you again on a future visit to the area.
Mount Airy, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My stay was quiet and relaxing. I had fun and the bar was comfortable and the room was clean. My room had a nice view. I was able to order roomservice from a restaurant nearby. I didnot hear the knock on the door and the staff called my cell phone to let me know they were there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello Leslie T—Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience at the Gaithersburg Hilton. We are pleased that you chose our hotel and enjoyed your stay and appreciate the positive things you had to say. I hope that you will again choose our hotel when your travel plans bring you back to the area.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've been here a couple times for business and each time, I can depend on very solid service and good rooms. Meeting room facilities are good also. I do have to admit though, every time I come here I am usually in meetings with a number of people and inevitably someone has some difficulty with reservations or bill, but it hasn't happened to me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hello BrainDoc90—Thank you for staying at the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent business trip and for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you found our service to be solid and accommodations to your satisfaction. I am not aware of the specifics of your comments about reservations or bills, but we are certainly sensitized to this and try to rectify such issues quickly and to the satisfaction of our guests.
We hope to see you back again soon when your travel or business needs bring you back to the area.
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This Hilton is located convenient to the highway, other restaurants and plenty of shopping. It's facilities are well kept, stylish and friendly. The meeting rooms were nicely kept with plenty of pre-function space. You must eat the breakfast buffet. It is delicious!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello Nancy Hope D—Thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent visit to Gaithersburg and Washington D.C surrounds. We are pleased that you chose us and even more pleased that you enjoyed the area and the hotel facilities. Breakfast is pretty busy here, so I hope everyone else feels the way you do about our breakfast buffet. We hope to have you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to this area.
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

At check in, I asked for a room in a quiet, and I was assured that it would be. An hour after I settled into my room, the cleaning services was on my floor, and carried on for almost two hours shouting orders and one another. I tried calling the front desk, to report the disturbance, but the bed side phone didn't work. In addition, the toilet kept making a loud pressure noise, like the toilet was refilling. There was also a constant noise above my room resembling that of someone rolling a cart back and forth over the floor. And lastly, a large picture in the bathroom had shattered glass, and the hotel didn't feel it necessary to replace it. Even though an huge shard of glass was dangling from the top of the frame. Even after all that I had reported, the hotel manager didn't make any consideration on my room rate, even as an Hilton Honors member.

Room Tip: If you want a professional, quiet place to rest, choose another hotel.