I'll begin with the few positives that there are;
Plenty of free parking, the AC in my room worked well, no problems with check-in or check-out
and the lobby is nice and efficient enough with computers stations with free internet.
The cons will take up the rest of the review;
Had a king bed with a sofa sleeper. four people in my party. There was no sheet on the sofa (I've noticed a similar review from May) just a blanket. At 10:45 PM, my adult daughter went down to the front desk to request another blanket be brought up to the room. The man at the front desk wrote it down and said he would pass it on to housekeeping right away. After 25 minutes of waiting, my daughter called from the room with the same request as was told the same thing. After another 15 minutes I called the front desk myself and wanted to know what was going on with the blanket. I was told that "housekeeping" went to the wrong room. Sooooo. Send them to the right room. Again I was told they would be there right away to which I replied that I would wait 5 minutes and then I was calling again. I waited another 10 minutes and called again. Now it is past 11:30. We were all ready to go to bed an hour earlier. On the fourth request, a female answered the phone very friendly. I guessed that she had just come on duty and I was correct. My FOURTH for a request for a blanket was not made calmly and the girl apologized and said she would bring it up herself which she did. I laid into her when she arrived telling her that I did not appreciate being ignored when I make a simple request to the front desk. It was either the front desk's fault or housekeeping's fault but the bottom line is I waited an hour to get a damn blanket. The girl was very nice and offered me four free buffet breakfasts for my trouble which I accepted but the damage had been done.
Also, there was ONE (three altogether) extra pillow and ONE (three altogether) extra towel for four people. The people at the front desk said they usually make the bed and expect two or three people to be in the room. This is a poor response because I had a reservation for four people for quite a while.
The room had no mini-fridge and no microwave which is something I am accustomed to in other hotels. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom.
The pool is open only UNTIL 10 in the morning and then again from 4-10 at night. The indoor and OUTDOOR pool is closed from 10 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon. I think that's strange for a weekend.
The elevators are slow and the hallways are warm.
Since there was no fridge, I happened to have a cooler. I went to get ice and (OF COURSE) the ice machine didn't work. I had to go to another floor every time I wanted ice.
Breakfast is way too expensive (17.00/person) for what they give you (a regular buffet with one person cooking specialty eggs). You could order from the menu but that was even more expensive. I was part of a brunch on Sunday for about 40-50 people. The bacon at the buffet looked exactly like that bacon you would have as dog food strips. It wasn't cooked and it was hard like shoe leather. They said that it was "turkey bacon" but I've had that before and it didn't look like that. Plus, how do you serve that to fifty people and expect them to eat it? Eventually they brought out regular cooked bacon.
A relative of mine didn't take the deal that was blocked off for people in our group and found a better deal on-line for three nights instead of two. The hotel didn't honor his on-line deal and the front desk girl said that the manager was off for the weekend. There's no manager there on the weekend to solve problems???
They have a little cafe there that serves Starbuck's coffee and pastries in the morning and they had some candy there as well. But they were only open for a few hours (in the morning) per day. When you came back to the hotel in the afternoon or at night, there was no place to buy a soft drink or a snack. Why bother having a place like that in the lobby if it's closed most of the time?
Overall, I expected more from a Hilton but I won't be going back to this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg Hotel is conveniently located just outside Washington D.C. in the heart of the highly active I-270 Corridor. Gaithersburg, MD is an upscale business, entertainment and residential area in suburban Maryland, in close proximity to Bethesda, Rockville and Germantown Maryland as well as Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. The Metro station is close by and easily accessible via the hotel complimentary shuttle service.Style, comfort, service and convenience are pillars of the Hotel which is richly appointed throughout with the Signature Hilton Serenity Beds, 37" flat screen high definition TV's, complimentary in-room WiFi, in-rrom single cup coffee makers, luxury amentities and a host of other upgrades to make your stay comfortable. The hotel also has an indoor-outdoor pool and a fully Precor equipped health and fitness facility. For dining and entertainment, the hotel is proud of its Rooks Corner Restaurant serving three meals a day in a comfortable and inviting setting. The plentiful offerings include a full breafast buffet with omelet and waffle station as well as a la carte breakfast and for lunch and dinner are of American fare including succulent steaks, seafood sandwiches and salads. The hotel also presents a Starbucks coffee shop, and a bar and lounge with a complete selection of beverages including single malt scotches and small batch bourbons served along side complimentary hors d'oeuvres on week nights. If you are planning a meeting or conference, the hotel is fully equipped with a ballroom and meeting spaces totaling over 17,000 square feet and complete banquet and catering menus and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Washington Dc North Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Hilton