I think it's fine. The rooms are clean and the housekeeping service, once you get past the language issue, is fine. Like most hotels though, the TV service is pretty thin. But I suppose when you compare it to home service where there a about a bazillion channels of very little or nothing to watch to what you get at the hotel where there are very few channels of nothing to watch then I suppose it's not so bad. The wireless internet service is more than adequate for the usual work activities that business travelers need to get done. However, if you want to stream video, the bandwidth is just not there.
I spend between 20 and 30 weeks per year in hotels and have become a Hilton bigot. I've been in some pretty glitzy, ritzy Hiltons and this isn't one of them. But, if what you are looking for is a clean, comfortable, and relatively spacious room for a reasonable rate, then this is a good choice.
I give very high marks to the property's general manager, Yale Friedman, and to his entire front desk staff - they are extremely accommodating - I'll be here a lot over the next few weeks (late summer and autumn 2013) and I have been able to make certain arrangements for my convenience with them. The lobby bar also gets high marks, especially for its large menu of single malt Scotch's. The restaurant is only OK and, like most hotel restaurants, it's not inexpensive.
Overall, this is a good landing spot for the business traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg Hotel is conveniently located just outside Washington D.C. in the heart of the highly active I-270 Corridor. Gaithersburg, MD is an upscale business, entertainment and residential area in suburban Maryland, in close proximity to Bethesda, Rockville and Germantown Maryland as well as Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. The Metro station is close by and easily accessible via the hotel complimentary shuttle service.Style, comfort, service and convenience are pillars of the Hotel which is richly appointed throughout with the Signature Hilton Serenity Beds, 37" flat screen high definition TV's, complimentary in-room WiFi, in-rrom single cup coffee makers, luxury amentities and a host of other upgrades to make your stay comfortable. The hotel also has an indoor-outdoor pool and a fully Precor equipped health and fitness facility. For dining and entertainment, the hotel is proud of its Rooks Corner Restaurant serving three meals a day in a comfortable and inviting setting. The plentiful offerings include a full breafast buffet with omelet and waffle station as well as a la carte breakfast and for lunch and dinner are of American fare including succulent steaks, seafood sandwiches and salads. The hotel also presents a Starbucks coffee shop, and a bar and lounge with a complete selection of beverages including single malt scotches and small batch bourbons served along side complimentary hors d'oeuvres on week nights. If you are planning a meeting or conference, the hotel is fully equipped with a ballroom and meeting spaces totaling over 17,000 square feet and complete banquet and catering menus and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Washington Dc North Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Hotel Gaithersburg
- Hilton Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Hilton