“Excellent hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Excellent hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The entire staff was excellent. Traveling with 2 small children (ages 2 and 4) can be difficult but every time we went through the lobby, staff members were engaging the kids and welcoming us back to the hotel, asking how our day was, offering assistance, etc. Felt like visiting family. A+ overall!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hello GoEERS_12—Thanks for the great comments you made about your August stay at our hotel. We all remember you and your family very well and it was a pleasure serving all of you (especially your cute kids). I am pleased that we took good care of you and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Montgomery Village
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hilton Gaithersburg offers accommodating service for the busy professional. I arrived extra early and was taken care of without a blink of concern. Very efficient check-in and the express check-out is the best in the industry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello carrollconsumer—Thanks for the great review. Short and to the point, but you have mentioned areas of our service that are very important in our serving the needs of this most important segment of our business. I am glad we were able to satisfy you and we look forward to having you back in the hotel in the near future.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a class reunion at the hotel. Staff was wonderful, they could not have been more friendly or accommodating; from the front desk, waiters, bartenders and housekeeping. We had a great diner in the reataurant Friday night, the waiter was fantastic, dealing with a large group who had been reminiscing for several hours prior to being seated. Actually gave us separate checks for the dozen or so that ate. Our bartender who served us both Friday and Saturday was a true gem. We brought our very small dog and we were downgraded to a small room. I was happy to pay for any upgrade, but was left with a VERY small king room with no fridge or microwave the basics I haves come to expect from a Hilton. Has Hampton passed Hilton in customer satisfaction? I really think so. I never have a negative at a Hamton, why at at a Hilton? Maybe just old age like me, but I hope Hilton Hotels can upgrade to this millennium.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, maybe the uppers are better. We were unable to get coffee or snacks af...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello rerricker—Thanks for staying with us during your recent class reunion and thanks for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate all of your positive comments about our staff in both our rooms operation and our food and beverage outlets. I have passed them along and the staff was pleased to hear what you had to say. I am sorry that you were somewhat disappointed in your room accommodations. The room you were in was one of our standard rooms and as far as size goes, all of our regular rooms are essentially the same size in square footage. As far as amenities, such as fridge or microwave, we only have those in about 20% of our rooms and they are normally priced at a higher rate for the upgrade. I have noted your comments, though and will consider them as we plan on future upgrades and equipment needs. Thanks for the candid feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Germantown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I had our wedding reception at the Hilton Hotel in Gaithersburg MD on 07/27/13 and it was great. Working with the catering team was excellent. They helped put together a wonderful event even with all the last minute demands such as room change and increase in the original number of guests which doubled. I am highly appreciative of the level of professionalism that was exhibited by the staff in making this day a memorable one. We recommend this hotel to every body out there. thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello KwameK—Thank you for entrusting us to be your host for this most important occasion. I am pleased that everything went well for you and that your felt our staff was ‘excellent” and handled all of your details in a professional manner. I appreciate that you have taken the time to post your comments on this forum. We wish you all the best and look forward to having your back for a getaway or any other important function where we would be able to serve you.
Raleigh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is the tale of two hotels. Nice lobby, slow elevators. Great restaurant, hot hallways. Large room, loud air conditioner. I would say that makes it completely average. There are better places in the area. This hotel? So what.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello Max_Traveler_some—Thanks for taking the time to let us know of your thoughts on our hotel. I am disappointed that you felt that we were only average, but your comments have given us insights and the desire to “push it up” a notch. I have shared your review with our management staff at a recent morning meeting and we are taking actions to correct the areas of concern that you noted. I hope you will try us again soon so that you can see how we have addressed your comments. Please let me know when you are able to come back and I will be happy to assist in your arrangements to ensure your satisfaction.
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stay here on business a lot. The staff is very friendly here and I have always been happy with my room. It is a pretty standard Hilton guest room, but always clean, comfortable and quiet. The food at the hotel is also good...no complaints. The bartender is friendly and always remembers us.

Room Tip: I always get a room away from the elevators on an upper floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello dwaNtheATL—Thanks for choosing us for your business trips to the Gaithersburg area. I am pleased that you have so many positive experiences and appreciate that you took the time to share them. I have circulated your comments to our staff and everyone was pleased to read them. Thanks for the uplift. I enjoyed being able to share this with our team.

Best Regards,
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I arrived very late. Too late to eat at the hotel restaurant but the man working at the front desk was very friendly. Got a room on the 11th floor which was nice. There was a coffee machine but no fridge (It looked like there was a place for a fridge so they might provide one if you ask). The room was a decent size, however the bathroom was small. I was traveling solo so this was fine but might be an issue for a family. Both the remote and phone were not working so I called the front desk and they had someone come up in a matter of minutes to fix both. The only really bad thing about the room was the ac. When it came on, it made a loud humming sound. It annoyed me so much that I took a chance on sleeping in a hot room vs listening to the AC all night. Fortunately even with no AC, the room temp. stayed at a comfortable level.

Room Tip: If traveling with family, get a suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello PrettyNJMomma—Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. We benefit from all comments such as your and use them as tools to improve our service and product. I am please that for the most part, everything was to your satisfaction, but am sorry that you had a problem with some of the items in your room including the noise from the air conditioner. I assure you that we do regular preventive maintenance on all mechanical items in the room, and am sorry that this problem slipped through. I am pleased though, that our staff responded quickly when called and that room stayed cool enough even without the air conditioner. I hope you will again choose our hotel when your travels bring you back to the area.

Yale Feldman

Been to Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!