“Comfortably pleasing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Germantown, Maryland
“Comfortably pleasing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I were visiting MD and spent 2 nights at the Hilton. Overall, its a decent hotel and could definitely use some renovation upgrades.

Pros:
1. The hotel is easily accessible to I-270 and other major highways in and around Gaithersburg.
2. Rooms are clean and ok. But could definitely have refrigerators and microwave.
3. There are 3 elevators and at times it can be a testing waiting game.
4. Complimentary free internet available.
5. Ample parking space. Self-parking is free.

Cons:
1. Could use some renovations. Feels outdated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello SR007—Thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent travels and thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor Review to let us know of your experience, I have reviewed your comments and certainly understand the things that you feel would enhance your stay. As always, we look into what it would take to satisfy your needs, as the voice of the customer is the loudest voice we hear and the one we listen to most attentively. We do have future plans for all of the comments you mentioned and you should see some changes the next time you visit.
We hope to see you back again in the near future.
Yale Feldman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Montgomery Village, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had an event that was great and all of our family and friends were impress of the quality of service and food that were provided. Would recommend for your event. It's location makes it easier for guest to find it and has plenty of parking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello Arnold C—Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments about your event held earlier this year at the Gaithersburg Hilton. Usually our comments are from guests utilizing our hotel rooms, but it is refreshing to have one of our most valuable catering clients post their opinions on our facilities and service. I thank you for your comments and recommendations and hope to be able to service your and your family and friends again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because I was visiting some friends around this area. Front desk staff was very helpful, the restaurant and bar has great service I enjoyed breakfast. I would love to stay there again. Very nice service !!!!

• Stayed June 2013
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello Kiran 7—Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff and service. These are two of the most important aspects of our guest experience and I am glad that you were able to appreciate them. I look forward to having you back in the hotel soon.
Summit, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Wow. As an experienced business and pleasure traveler I was shocked at how far Hilton had let this place go. Terrible rooms, old noisy plumbing, dirty windows, funny smells, a rough neighborhood etc etc. staff tries hard but there is only so much you can do. I would head to the holiday inn across the street as sight unseen that must be better than this.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello tally11111--Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area in the future. we are committed to giving you a better experience than the other hotel you mentioned in your review.
hope to see you back with us soon.

indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

the hotel is nice from the outside, the lobby looks good, the front desk staff is lazy and unhelpful. they were extremely rude in fact. the room was ok, but housekeeping left something to be desired for. they left dirty dishes in our room, did not take the trash out. the AC was extremely loud and was hard to sleep with. if you are there during the week don't expect to use the pool during the day and relax. they only open from 6-9 am and 6-10pm. the staff at the restaurant and the bell desk were the only saving grace for this hotel. don't waist your money on this place, there is a Hilton garden inn and a Homewood suites not far from here that has WAY better service and quality

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello Pavithri P-- Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent travels and for taking the time to post your review and let us know of your experience. i am sorry that you were not able to comment more favorably. Your concerns are certainly our concerns and we appreciate your feedback about the poor service you received during your recent stay. I can assure you that we're addressing this and the maintenance and housekeeping issues with our team so that we can ensure such missteps do not continue. We hope that you'll consider giving us another opportunity to serve you in the near future and welcome any additional suggestions you may have.
Irricana, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was in Washington DC for business and this Hilton was picked purely on location.
It is certainly older than some Hilton's I have stayed at, it was clean however and the staff were very good. The gym facility was average for a Hilton but the restaurant and breakfast buffet were quite good.
All in all, this hotel is great for a few nights but nothing to write home about. As is typical in the Hilton chain, the staff were excellent, attentive and eager to please.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello metta_bhavana—thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton and for giving us very specific feedback, I am disappointed that you felt that the gym facility was only average as we are proud of our facility with all Precor equipment and all in good working order. However, we will be looking into upgrading some equipment beginning next year, so I will keep your comments in mind. I do appreciate the positive feedback about our staff and our breakfast buffet and have shared those comments with everyone at our staff and departmental meetings.
I hope you will again choose us for your next visit to the area.
Katy, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My stay was very pleasant even though the weather was bad with a tornado warning in the area, the hotel hospitality was second to none. My wife and I enjoyed the breakfast. I normally like to stay in hotels that offer continental breakfast but the breakfast at this hotel even though not free but was well worth the quality. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family. Even the bartender was very courteous. I had a margarita on ice while watching the basketball playoff between the Spurs my Texas team and the Heat. The drink was well prepared. Only one thing that I did not like was the $3.00 for a 12oz. of sprite. The bartender was nice to give me 2 for the price of one, and because he did that I ordered a margarita on ice that I highly enjoyed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hello Dwight B—I am delighted that you felt we provided you with food, service and accommodations, which you felt were worthy of such positive comments. Your observations and the details you provided help us greatly in evaluating and improving our hotel for your future stays and for the benefit of everyone who follows. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge. I have shared your comments with our staff and we all hope to see you back here again in the near future.
Generl Manager

Been to Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!