“Convenient hotel and great front desk staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 20%
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Northport, Alabama
“Convenient hotel and great front desk staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel one previous time and selected due to the proximity of it compared to where I needed to visit. It has an excellent location, with plenty of parking and is near a shopping center and some local restaurants. Additionally, in the lobby area, there are about 6 computers and a printer which are complimentary for use by hotel guests. As a guest, I received free WiFi in my room, but I needed to be able to create some letters and print off them and other things from the Internet so this amenity was extremely useful.
When I made the reservation, i did so with my corporate rate, but the purpose of my trip caused my trip to be extended multiple times, both prior to arriving and during my stay. The reservations manager kindly extended my stay at the same rate, but was not responsive to my calls when I needed to extend it further (no return call despite multiple attempts on my part). However, the front desk manager was VERY cooperative and understanding of my family emergency and therefore the cause for my stay and for that I am very appreciative. I would love to stay there in the future, but their rates continue to rise and since the reservations manager will not return my calls, I have no choice but to stay elsewhere since the family emergency (ill parent) is ongoing and will require frequent travel (air, hotel, car & meals) to this area and I need to try to minimize my expenses, where possible.
Both times,I stayed on the 12th floor, away from the elevator and it is very quiet. The a/c works well which is good during the summer months. Housekeeping could be better and is just average.

Room Tip: If you prefer a quiet room, then ask for one on a high floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello crazydukefan—It’s good to see your name again. I know you have reviewed our hotel before, but thanks for coming back. We appreciate the time you took to tell us and everyone else who reads TripAdvisor of your experiences. I appreciate the positive comments you made and apologize if you perceived any lack of attention from our reservations department. It certainly was not intended to cause your concern, but I am glad that our front desk manager was able to satisfy your needs. We certainly do want you to stay again in the future. I have shared your reservation concerns with our Reservations Manager and assure you that you will get the attention you need in the future. If you would like, please feel free to call the hotel directly and have them send your call to me. I would love to further this discussion.
I wish you the best in dealing with a family illness and hope to see you again in the hotel in the near future.
Yale Feldman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Got in the room and found that there was no remote control and could not change the channel on the TV itself. Called for a remote control to be sent to my room, they delivered it to a vacant room. When checking in, couldn't get the front desk employee to get off the phone. He chatted on the phone while checking me in and just handed me the keys. No eye contact. Nice introduction.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hello Trip Advisor Mamber--I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments. I hope to have the cahnce to meet you if your travels bring you back to he area.
Portsmouth, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

One of the more older Hiltons I have stayed in overall pretty decent when ou see what else is in the vicinity. Could use some room make overs and add basic appliances mini fridge and microwave. The staff was very helpful when you ask them for help nice bar and dining facility. The AC is either very cold or not cold enough there is no middle temp. Toilet had a leak!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hello Jerry J—thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. I thank you for your positive comments and also thank you for your observations on where improvements can be made. We are always looking to improve our product and will add your comments to our list. Your opinion is very important to us as we move forward and continually try to improve. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Best Regards,
Livingston, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel offers services that the traveler should not depend upon. The hotel is quite a distance from downtown DC. It offers shuttle services to the Metro station. However, you cannot reserve the shuttle in advance. It also proved to be unreliable picking us up at the station. It left without us and left us stranded. Housekeeping at this hotel also was very poor. We came back to our room to find dirty towels and garbage from the waste basket on a desk!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hello Rob990-- Thank you for staying at the Gaithersburg Hilton and for taking the time to post a review to let us know about our service. I appreciate your feedback and am very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us. I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments. I hope to see you at our hotel again in the near future.
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Wonderful, professional staff at both the front desk and restaurant/bar, great location, right off Hwy 270 but far enough away so that road noise was not a problem.

I got in late (around 11:00pm) and had a nice dinner at the bar that served from the full menu until 11:30pm. My room was on a requested high floor and was very clean and quiet with an extremely comfortable bed which allowed for a needed good nights sleep. I would love to stay at this hotel in my future travels to the DC area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello jagged45—Thank you for the very nice comments you made about your recent stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. We strive for positive guest comments and satisfaction and I am so glad that we were able to meet you needs in locations, guest rooms and food and beverage. When your future travels bring you back to the Washington DC area, please come back and stay with us. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you on your next visit.
Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was the first time we ever stayed at this hotel and was very pleased. The decor was very modern and the room was vey nice. The location was nice and easy to get to. There were a lot of stores and restaurants in the vicinity. The ease of getting on and off I95 was a plus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello Glenn J—Thank you for posting positive comments about the Gaithersburg Hilton on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments and for pointing out the positive attributes of our hotel. I made sure that our sales managers saw this as it helps them to address customer needs and desires when making sales calls. It also made everyone else in the hotel feel pretty good.
We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to the area.
Port St. Lucie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Overall excellent experience. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. The room rate was affordable. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello Kathleen B—Thanks for your comments about your stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. We appreciate you choosing us and appreciate the kind words that you had about our facilities and service. We hope you continue to choose us when your travels bring you back to this area.
Yale Feldman

Been to Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!