“Hilton Hotel Gaithersburg” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Wilmington, United States
“Hilton Hotel Gaithersburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was the first time we ever stayed at this hotel and was very pleased. The decor was very modern and the room was vey nice. The location was nice and easy to get to. There were a lot of stores and restaurants in the vicinity. The ease of getting on and off I95 was a plus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello Glenn J—Thank you for posting positive comments about the Gaithersburg Hilton on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments and for pointing out the positive attributes of our hotel. I made sure that our sales managers saw this as it helps them to address customer needs and desires when making sales calls. It also made everyone else in the hotel feel pretty good.
We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to the area.
Yale Feldman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Port St. Lucie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Overall excellent experience. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. The room rate was affordable. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello Kathleen B—Thanks for your comments about your stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. We appreciate you choosing us and appreciate the kind words that you had about our facilities and service. We hope you continue to choose us when your travels bring you back to this area.
Elgin, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The stay was OK in general. The room was nicely made although outdated. Carpet was due for replacement and dirty. It was a Saturday and the hotel was a little noisy, but nothing terrible. Bed is comfortable, and bathroom was standard and clean.

My 1-star score came from the altitude of frontdesk clerk. I asked for a 9:00 wakeup call. I woke up at 9:40 and realized I did not receive a call. I decided to call and let them know this. I said "Hey you missed my morning call." The lady said "I missed your call?" emphasizing "I". I said "No, I said you I meant your hotel." Then the lady said "when did you call, who answered?" I said "I wouldn't know, but it's around midnight." I didn't intend to make a scene, so I told her never mind and hung up. While I feel a little strange but it's not a big deal, she's just got defensive.

We checked out at around noon. The lady at the front desk suddenly took a pad and showed a record of calling, and told me that "we did call you". I was caught by surprise for her altitude, and simply said "no, you didn't" and left. This record was obviously made up. My wife woke up at 8:30, she just didn't know I need to wake up at 9 to make a phone call. There was no wakeup call in the morning.

I only stayed in that hotel for merely 15 hours 5/25-5/26, and I left with a terrible feel, completely opposite experience from my previous day when I stayed in Doubletree Hilton. I will stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hello Raymond S-- Thank you for posting a Trip Advisor review to let us know of your recent experience at the Gaithersburg Hilton. We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we again apologize for the poor level of service.Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Keystone Heights, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Front desk, engineering and restaurant staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Some of the management for the hotel as well as front desk staff and hotel restaurant have been employed there continuously for years and they recognize me immediately - even though I may not have been there for 6 or more months. They are always friendly and outgoing. The fact that the hotel has had many of the same staff for years is a credit to upper management. This is a fine hotel. The food is excellent; the exercise area is excellent; the location is excellent and the prices are very reasonable.

Room Tip: As always - stay as far from elevators as possible; however, in general, rooms are well insulated an...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello Gawgator—Thank you for the kind comments you made in your TripAdvisor review of your recent stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. Your comments were very extensive and insightful and I enjoyed sharing the staff in all of the departments you mentioned. I especially enjoyed shoring your comments about our upper management as they are a very dedicated and long term group of managers. I hope you will continue to choose us when your travels bring you back to the area.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel, and it was recommended by my manager who is very well known around the premises. I was able to witness the wonderful customer service the hotel gave to my manager from being a Diamond member (I believe that's what it's called). Most of the staff knew him by his first name and were ver accommodating. Other than that the hotel was fine, nice rooms, nice location and the restaurant food was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hello dexter619—thank you for staying with us at the Gaithersburg Hilton and for posting a review about your stay on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you made such positive comments about our hotel, food and most importantly customer service. I hope that you will choose us again in the near future so that we may have the opportunity to serve you again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Typical Hilton experience here. Room and facility is clean and comfortable. Finishes are higher end than their other chains. Facility has been updated but has touches of it's age. Located by many dining options one could walk to or drive to many more. The on-property restaurant is one I would skip out on and breakfast is overpriced and the bar staff was a bit pushy on their special flights of Scotch. The buffet which you can get included in some bundles is satisfactory, but I've had better at most Hilton properties.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello Patrick R—thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. We are complimented by many of the items you mention as being “typical “of a Hilton, with your description being positive. Your comments were good to hear since we pride ourselves on being a good representative of a great name in hotels. We do take your comments about the restaurant and lounge to heart and our managers have reviewed your comments with the goal of improvement to our operation. We look forward to having you back in the hotel when your travels bring you back to the area.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Not a whole lot to say about this hotel. If you've stayed in a Hilton before, nothing here should really surprise you. Nice quality but nothing super exciting. I had a King room, it was clean and spacious. Bed was a little hard but that is such an individual preference, I really can't complain.

I think where this hotel tends to stand out is the service. Everybody is friendly and willing to go out of their way to make sure you are happy. I had a smooth check in. I ordered room service twice, both times with a little modification from the menu and they had no problem with that. "Whatever you want" was very much their policy. I didn't have their breakfast this time but I have in the past and it's good. They are apparently doing happy hour in the bar now but both nights I was there it was pretty crowded and I just didn't feel like a crowd so I bypassed it.

The location is pretty far out but there are a couple quick places to eat right next door - Panara, a Chinese place and a sub shop. Or, again, the staff would be more than happy to drive you someplace else in their shuttle. One of their shuttle stops is the Shady Groves metro station and from there it is about a 30-40 minute trip into the heart of DC.

I prefer the Gaithersburg Marriott (a few miles down the road - see my other reviews) just because of all the options within easy walking distance but if your company wants to put you up here, you've got some good options too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hello SusanM223—Thanks for staying with us at the Gaithersburg Hilton on your recent visit to the area. I appreciate the positive things you had to say about our staff, as this is the most important aspect of our operation. Good sincere and hard working people, who really care about our guests are extremely important to our success. Your comments go far in recognizing that fact. You sound like you have a lot of travel experience, so we value your comments very highly. We will continue to try to improve, so we take over the #1 rating in your choices, but in the meantime, we hope to see you back soon.
Yale Feldman

Been to Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!