“Fine hotel, great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 20%
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
San Diego, California
“Fine hotel, great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel, and it was recommended by my manager who is very well known around the premises. I was able to witness the wonderful customer service the hotel gave to my manager from being a Diamond member (I believe that's what it's called). Most of the staff knew him by his first name and were ver accommodating. Other than that the hotel was fine, nice rooms, nice location and the restaurant food was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hello dexter619—thank you for staying with us at the Gaithersburg Hilton and for posting a review about your stay on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you made such positive comments about our hotel, food and most importantly customer service. I hope that you will choose us again in the near future so that we may have the opportunity to serve you again.
Yale Feldman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Typical Hilton experience here. Room and facility is clean and comfortable. Finishes are higher end than their other chains. Facility has been updated but has touches of it's age. Located by many dining options one could walk to or drive to many more. The on-property restaurant is one I would skip out on and breakfast is overpriced and the bar staff was a bit pushy on their special flights of Scotch. The buffet which you can get included in some bundles is satisfactory, but I've had better at most Hilton properties.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello Patrick R—thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. We are complimented by many of the items you mention as being “typical “of a Hilton, with your description being positive. Your comments were good to hear since we pride ourselves on being a good representative of a great name in hotels. We do take your comments about the restaurant and lounge to heart and our managers have reviewed your comments with the goal of improvement to our operation. We look forward to having you back in the hotel when your travels bring you back to the area.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Not a whole lot to say about this hotel. If you've stayed in a Hilton before, nothing here should really surprise you. Nice quality but nothing super exciting. I had a King room, it was clean and spacious. Bed was a little hard but that is such an individual preference, I really can't complain.

I think where this hotel tends to stand out is the service. Everybody is friendly and willing to go out of their way to make sure you are happy. I had a smooth check in. I ordered room service twice, both times with a little modification from the menu and they had no problem with that. "Whatever you want" was very much their policy. I didn't have their breakfast this time but I have in the past and it's good. They are apparently doing happy hour in the bar now but both nights I was there it was pretty crowded and I just didn't feel like a crowd so I bypassed it.

The location is pretty far out but there are a couple quick places to eat right next door - Panara, a Chinese place and a sub shop. Or, again, the staff would be more than happy to drive you someplace else in their shuttle. One of their shuttle stops is the Shady Groves metro station and from there it is about a 30-40 minute trip into the heart of DC.

I prefer the Gaithersburg Marriott (a few miles down the road - see my other reviews) just because of all the options within easy walking distance but if your company wants to put you up here, you've got some good options too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hello SusanM223—Thanks for staying with us at the Gaithersburg Hilton on your recent visit to the area. I appreciate the positive things you had to say about our staff, as this is the most important aspect of our operation. Good sincere and hard working people, who really care about our guests are extremely important to our success. Your comments go far in recognizing that fact. You sound like you have a lot of travel experience, so we value your comments very highly. We will continue to try to improve, so we take over the #1 rating in your choices, but in the meantime, we hope to see you back soon.
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Took my daughter to a beauty pageant to celebrate her 15th birthday. Everything was great, no complaints at all . Kitchen staff was AWESOME, they brought my daughters birthday cake to the pageant on a rolling table with plates and forks ect.......with very little advance notice. Front desk staff great, free shuttle was useful as I needed a ride to the mall because I forgot my swimsuit. Pool and hot tub was nice, room was spotless, beds super comfy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello travlindedhed—thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found everything to your liking. We love to do the extra touches like the cake service you mentioned. I have shared these comments with our staff and we ALL look forward to having you back.
Dammam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Had an overnight stay, not a great hotel. Could not see much as we were there for the night only. We have to leave very earlt next morning. The rooms are average good for a small family
2 adults + 2 children

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hello RahilJaved—Thank you for posting a comment on trip Advisor about your recent stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. I am sorry that your were not able to comment or rate us more favorably. We are pleased that you selected our hotel and hope you choose us again for your next stay in the Gaithersburg, MD area. You indicated that you were only here for a short time, but I assure you that if you had time to see more, you would be most impressed with our hotel, our service and the friendliness and attention to your needs of our staff.
Mexico city, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

An excellent hotel. Its location to visit NIST is very good. The facilities related with bring the gest to different places is good. In breakfast the is a variety of frut. Rooms are clean and comfortable and quiet

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello J Guadalupe P-- Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor about your stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. We are delighted that you chose us for your visit to NIST. They are a very important source of business for us and we enjoy the “partnership” that we have with them. I trust that we were able to provide convenient shuttle service for you as well as the positive comments you made about breakfast and our guest rooms.
I hope you’ll again choose us when your travels bring you back to the area.
Moundsville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My mother and I had a great meal, quiet room, wonderful service and the personnel was very friendly and professional. This hotel has more to offer than the other hotels in the area and I have stayed at many of them. This is my first choice from now on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hello Christine N—Thank you so much for your recent review of the Gaithersburg Hilton on Trip Advisor. I sincerely thank you for your kind comments. Our people are the most important part of our business and our staff was delighted to hear your compliments at a recent staff meeting. With us being your first choice, we can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.
Yale Feldman

Been to Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!