“Satisfactory for a business trip” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 20%
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Israel
“Satisfactory for a business trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel is very reasonable. It has basically everything you typically need: clean room, WiFi, breakfast.
I stayed here for a conference, and received a group rate which included WiFi and breakfast, but am not sure whether the normal rate includes these essentials.
The location is not so great, but of course depends on where you need to be. It is about 35 minutes from Reagan airport without traffic, and over an hour in rush hour.

There is also a small shopping center right by the hotel, for those of use who cannot go back home from a business trip empty-handed.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonManagement, Director Of Rooms at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hi TalMizrahi,

Thank you for taking the time in posting about your experiences here at Hilton Gaithersburg. Many of our travellers certainly has fallen in love with our sumptious hot buffet breakfast for all the freshly prepared items as you've enjoyed yourself.
We do value our customers here and provide Fee WIFI in appreciation of your patronage.

As for rates, on our website; www.hiltongaithersburg.com, we have package rates, promotionial family package ( limited time) that includes upto 4 breakfasts per day. If you would prefer for us to book it for you, please dial 1-800-HILTONS and we will get you the best value for your budget.
Thanks for staying with us and we look forward in seeing you again even if there is no conference in town!

Kind regards,
CClarke
Director of rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I spent two nights here - as attending a nearby conference and reserved through a group rate.
Would not recommend reservation at standard rates.
I used their shuttle service to the get to the metro station, which is not very near by. Driver was very friendly.
Location is definitely not a good choice for someone wishing to travel to DC centre.
Property is a out dated and would benefit from renovation of infrastructure.
I sadly was woken on both nights by noise apparently caused by heating system - did not have time to report this.
In room safe was locked on arrival - they did not handle this the first time after I mentioned it. Had to request twice more I believe.
I used their downstairs safe - they were quite slow in assistance with that both in depositing and collecting.
The breakfast included in my room rate was nice.
Overall I would recommend to someone wanting to stay in area to check alternative hotels options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hi Opher R,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We would like to apologize to you for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We appreciated your feedback and has shared with all departments that has been identified. We are continuously working to improve our guest experiences which has been identifiable based on our high percentage of repeat business, friendly and professional employees that genuinely care for all our customers irrespective of price variances.
While our property at times being viewed as quaint, older than other properties in the area or have an antique feeling, it's being presented with high regards for cleanliness and very competitive prices with full service delivery.
Thanks again for the feedback and we hope to see you return again soon.

Regards,
C. Clarke
Director of Rooms
Allentown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our stay was very comfortable. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, temperature adjusted easily, the staff was friendly and courteous. Breakfast was delicious with lots of options. This was a very good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello Patricia F-- thanks for your comments about your stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. We appreciate you choosing us and appreciate the kind words that you had about our facilities, breakfast food and options, and service. We hope you continue to choose us when your travels bring you back to this area.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent 4 nights here and had a good stay. The shuttle is convenient, breakfast is great, and it's convenient to several restaurants and retail shops. It is a bit far from DC on the metro, but between the free parking and the shuttle (with great drivers!!!) it's worth the long ride. I had no trouble with customer service or my bill either. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hello number2cac—Thanks for all of your positive comment s regarding your recent stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. I am please that you chose our hotel and even more pleased that everything seemed to be to your satisfaction. I have shared your comments with our staff and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.
Potterville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I would NEVER recommend this hotel! I drove 600 miles for family vacation and was told it would be a pay as you stay. That is what I budgeted for. When I checked in, they could barely speak English and were very rude, they wanted me to pay for all of the stay up front plus additional 50$ a night in case there was damages. The room was crap and small. I got online and found a better hotel around the corner for 1/4 of the price, with very friendly people.. DO NOT stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello ANNE T- Thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent family vacation to the Washington DC area. I appreciate you posting your observations on Trip Advisor, but am disappointed that they are not more positive. While I don’t believe this is the appropriate forum to address your individual concerns, I am comfortable in telling you that the policy we follow of requiring a credit card at check in is standard for all of the major brand hotels. Only when you tender a debit card, is the entire estimated amount of the stay charged in advance. That is a result of the bank processing procedures, not the hotel procedures. In addition, the authorization of an additional $50 per night is to cover any possible incidental charges to your room. It is charged to you only if spent during your stay and in no way is an advance charge for potential damages.
I am sorry if there was any misunderstanding and further apologize if your felt your were not treated properly by or front desk agents. We hope you will again choose our hotel when your travels bring you back to the area.
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Upon arrival,my reservations were not as requested.The lady with whom I was dealing seemed content to leave it that way.

Nafi Kouyate overheard the conversation and assisted me. Her actions over the next 24 hours exemplified professionalism. She was friendly, courteuous and went out of her way to accomodate me to the best of her abilities.

I rarely comment online or elsewhere, but her actions make it necessary. She should be commended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hello Ricky J—Thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent stay in the area and for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that you had an issue with your reservation, but am pleased that Nafi was able to assist you and take care of you in the manner you described. She has read your comments and I have discussed them with her. We pride ourselves on making it Right and it certainly seems that she did. We hope to see you again soon.
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here on business during the week of march 4. This hotel was recommended given it's location (to where I needed to be) and the availability of an on site restaurant.

The rooms were clean, water was hot, beds comfortable & wifi was free. The gym seemed clean & well maintained. I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but heard that the pool was pretty chilly - not surprising given the fact in an indoor/outdoor pool.

The food quality was decent. Breakfast buffet was good as well. Omelettes were a little greasy though - but that's just preference. Unless you have a vehicle, there aren't many walkable restaurants in the area.

The hotel also provides courtesy laundry facilities and provides detergent at the front desk, which was a nice touch. They also have a nice selection of scotch.

At the time I booked, they were also the best price / night in the vicinity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi Vivahume...It was certainly motivating to our employees after sharing your comments in one of our meetings where you stated; "

Although I didn't realize it at the time of booking, the best perk turned out to be the hotel shuttle service. Each day, I was able to get transportation to/from my destination. In fact, on the first day, there was some miscommunication with the hotel in regards to the pick up location (my fault), and the staff went above and beyond by trying to locate me for 45 mins. I felt they could have easily left me to find my way back - but they didn't - although I wouldn't have faulted them if they had."

Thank you very much for acknowledging what we proud ourselves for and the mission of Hilton to spread the warmth and care within the Hospitality market.
We are very appreciative for staying with us and look forward to your return enjoying the best of Hilton Gaithersburg.

Regards,

C. Clarke

Been to Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!