“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Upon arrival,my reservations were not as requested.The lady with whom I was dealing seemed content to leave it that way.

Nafi Kouyate overheard the conversation and assisted me. Her actions over the next 24 hours exemplified professionalism. She was friendly, courteuous and went out of her way to accomodate me to the best of her abilities.

I rarely comment online or elsewhere, but her actions make it necessary. She should be commended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hello Ricky J—Thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent stay in the area and for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that you had an issue with your reservation, but am pleased that Nafi was able to assist you and take care of you in the manner you described. She has read your comments and I have discussed them with her. We pride ourselves on making it Right and it certainly seems that she did. We hope to see you again soon.

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here on business during the week of march 4. This hotel was recommended given it's location (to where I needed to be) and the availability of an on site restaurant.

The rooms were clean, water was hot, beds comfortable & wifi was free. The gym seemed clean & well maintained. I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but heard that the pool was pretty chilly - not surprising given the fact in an indoor/outdoor pool.

The food quality was decent. Breakfast buffet was good as well. Omelettes were a little greasy though - but that's just preference. Unless you have a vehicle, there aren't many walkable restaurants in the area.

The hotel also provides courtesy laundry facilities and provides detergent at the front desk, which was a nice touch. They also have a nice selection of scotch.

At the time I booked, they were also the best price / night in the vicinity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hi Vivahume...It was certainly motivating to our employees after sharing your comments in one of our meetings where you stated; "

Although I didn't realize it at the time of booking, the best perk turned out to be the hotel shuttle service. Each day, I was able to get transportation to/from my destination. In fact, on the first day, there was some miscommunication with the hotel in regards to the pick up location (my fault), and the staff went above and beyond by trying to locate me for 45 mins. I felt they could have easily left me to find my way back - but they didn't - although I wouldn't have faulted them if they had."

Thank you very much for acknowledging what we proud ourselves for and the mission of Hilton to spread the warmth and care within the Hospitality market.
We are very appreciative for staying with us and look forward to your return enjoying the best of Hilton Gaithersburg.

Regards,

York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel 3-4 times within the last year. My most recent trip will be my last. The 9th floor hallway had a very distinct stench. When I mentioned I might want to move to a different room - the front desk staff was completely indifferent. This was the same response when my friend, staying on the 10th floor brought down a black man's sock (she was sleeping alone) she found in her bed. The carpeting in her room was filthy and I had a broken lamp in my room. The place simply isn't on the same level as it was 6 months ago. We were planning to book a party with the Hilton, as we did last July, but that's not going to happen. Their total lack of customer service/satisfaction and unclean environment has guaranteed we will take our business elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello BigVic52- Thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for several recent stays and for posting your comments about your most recent experience. I am sorry that you did not find this most recent stay to be as favorable as the others. I apologize for any deficiencies you noted and assure you that we have already inspected and corrected any conditions that you brought to our attention while you were here. Your use of the word stench concerns me and investigation revealed that this was due to the fertilizer application done by our landscape company that day. I am also concerned about the comments that your friend found a sock in the bed. I assure you that the bedding is completely changed for the arrival of a new guest and that every sheet of the triple sheeting as well as the duvet is put on the bed individually. I cannot understand how a sock would have gotten into the bed under these cleaning and changing procedures. Your friend never called down or stopped by to tell us personally of her concerns and in fact requested complete privacy and anonymity. I only wish that we had the chance to discuss and investigate this matter before her departure.
I assure you that our standards have not changed in the last six months and in fact we were rated very highly on cleanliness and conditions on a Hilton Inspection held only one week ago.
I hope you will again consider the Gaithersburg Hilton for your next stay in the area.
Southeast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I got a great price, conveniently located, clean, neat, friendly staff. A little difficult to find the front door the first time, but easy to spot from the interstate. I've decided I'm spoiled from my bed and no hotel bed can even compare ("memory foam" although this is not a paid advertisement!!!!), but this was on the lower end of bed comfort. However, I would stay here again when in the area. Nice feature - what few smoking rooms are separated by a glass door, so smell does not travel - Great for non-smokers but doesn't make smokers feel "less than".

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi SouthernSweetT,

Thanks for staying with us and posting how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Although Hilton in general does not have "Memory Foam" mattresses, we are pleased and satisfied that there were other aspects for you to have enjoyed your stay.
From your review as well as other customers who had voiced about getting to the hotel, we've revisited our hotel's website ensuring the directions are in it's simpliest form to get everyone here with ease.
Should you return to the area, we hope that you will consider staying with us again. Thanks again for your comments.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for a Tropical Fish convention.
This place was great. Clean and well kept.
Everyone was always smiling. The staff was very helpful.
I loved the heated mirror!
The location is easy to get to and plenty of free parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Finman57,

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your honest feedback and kind words. The Tropical fish Convention was truly enjoyed by customers and employees and certainly looking forward to its return.

Thanks again for your comments.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just ate Breakfast at this hotel's restuarant. The layout had everything you would want. The waffle and omelett bar was perfect. Service a bit overwhelming for a buffett. Overall the price was a bit high.....but woth it, in my eyes.....if you stay at the hotel....and do not have the budget, just go there once. Maybe a good "last day before you leave" breakfast.

Room Tip: West rooms face a highway....270.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Good Morning Kevin B--It is now Sunday morning and don’t I wish you were coming down to breakfast. After your nice comments, it would be great to see you back here again so soon for our buffet. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed the buffet and found it to be a good value. We strive to make it so and are pleased with your feedback.
Hope to see you back soon.
Jupiter
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was there for several meetings. The rooms are spacious and very good. Nice little feature are the heated mirrors in the bathroom. The breakfast buffet is very good. Although it is an older hotel, it is nicely kept and renovated. The food in the restaurant is also good.

• Stayed March 2013
Hello flying_dutchman_US-Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate hearing these and will strive to ensure that all of our guests feel the way you do about our rooms and restaurant. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.
Yale Feldman

Been to Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!