“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Orlando
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Yes it's an older property, but a nice one with a friendly staff. I'm a diamond member and got recognized as such, with a free full breakfast every day of my stay. This was my second time here and was glad my work brought me back to this location. Speaking of location it's a very convenient walk next door to a shopping center with lots of eating choices and the shuttle made trips to the nearby mall and another nearby upscale entertainment/shopping/dinning area. On this trip I took issue with the bathroom door bouncing like a coiled spring against the curved shower curtain rod, was not a happy camper. If you have work in the area it's a good place, just a bit of a drive from IAD and DCA.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hello the-cosmo-traveler-Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in the Gaithersburg area and for telling others of your experience. Knowing that this was a return visit and that you chose us is especially rewarding. I am glad that we were able to live up to your expectations and that your received the recognition and benefits attributable to your Hilton Hhonors participation. We look forward to having you back again on your next stay in the area.
Yale Feldman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised by ths hotel. The staff was wonderful from arrival to departure. Overall the hotel needs some TLC, but it was offset by incredible service. The bed linens were fresh, nice in-room coffee. I had dinner at the bar and the crab cakes were fantastic! If you are a scotch drinker, the bar offers great flights. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013
Hello GWM160-Thanks for taking the time to post a response about your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted that overall you were pleased and appreciate hearing about the specifics. I assure you that we do give the hotel TLC every day. I am excited about your comments on our scotch. This is a relatively new program and we welcome all inputs to make it as good as we can.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked a week for the inauguration on line. The on-line confirmation was incorrect for the type of room I requested. I called the hotel and they said they changed it to the requested room type. A week before my arrival, I called again to verify that the room type was corrected....it was not. Again the person stated that she corrected it. When I arrived the room type was INCORRECT! I called the front desk and they said they could not do anything about it, I asked for the manager and she also said there was nothing they could do about it...I asked her to check other Hilton area hotels for me. When she called back she sait there were not any of those type rooms available! I ended up searching myself and found a Homewood Suites and changed my reservation. Both people at the hotel was uncaring and uninterested in the problem. I have travel often and use Hilton exclusively and have never been treated so poorly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Hello Cindy2256—thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent visit to the area and for taking the time to post a review to let us know of your experience. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Special event such as the Inauguration can create significant problems in this regard and it is unfortunate that we were unable to accommodate you to your satisfaction. Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences and the poor level of service. However we do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel a week ago and I have to say it is one of the best hotel out there. Rooms are clean free wifi not to mention the wonderful Front Desk stuff. The young African lady at the desk in the morning is extremely pleasant, always have a smile on no matter what time of the day you catch her. I was given a 2 double bedded room upon arrival and when I asked to be moved, the request was granted immediately. Great customer service. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2013
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hello Bradovonne—thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent stay and for taking the time to let others know of your experience. I am delighted to hear the details of your stay and pleased that you found everything to your liking. I will share your feedback with our staff as it will be very motivational. I hope to see you here again in the near future.
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors member, however did not receive upgrade and it was a non-holiday, non-weekend business travel. The bed was not as comfortable as I am used to and the telephone in the room did not work. The front desk staff made me feel like I was doing them a favor for staying there. This is not the norm for Hilton. Maybe it was a bad day for her. I was not asked how my stay was when leaving. I don't think they cared.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hello WOnderfulLife—thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent business travel to the area. I am very sorry that you were not totally satisfied with your stay and that the staff did not make you feel cared for, as they should. Your choice of us as your hotel is very important and we do care that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I will be discussing this with our front office management and staff. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will choose us again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I received a good discount to stay at the Hilton - and can't complain for the price! The pool area, hot tub, and workout room were nice. Staff DEFINITELY went out of their way to help with two different situations. Although the hotel is not new, and you can see some wear and tear, it was a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello lakerogers- thank you for your kind comments relating to your recent stay at our hotel. It is most satisfying to see that you have complimented our staff and noted boldly that they went out of their way to help. I will pass these comments again. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you to the area.
Chester, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed at this property Thanksgiving weekend. I am a Hilton Honors member and while I'm often upgraded to a suite when I travel for business (and don't require one), I asked for an upgrade at this property (so my kids could have their own space) and was denied due to no availability - understood as it was a holiday weekend. In order to accomodate all of us, I ended up purchasing an extra room, which was not adjoined to the one I'd reserved earlier - not an issue. The issue, however, was the large bug my wife found and had to kill in the bathroom of her room - extremely disgusting and unsettling for her to sleep in that room. It was late when we got back to the hotel, so she wanted to get my son to sleep and didn't make an issue at the time, however, it was disappointing to spend so much and find a huge bug in the bathroom. The staff was very nice, the room was comfortable, the toiletries very nice and we enjoyed the hotel breakfast the next day - however, will reconsider staying here in the future (and we do travel to DC frequently to visit family) due to the bug situation...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HiltonManagement, Director Of Rooms at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hi Wayne L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Gaithersburg and acknowledging our services as you stated; "The staff was very nice, the room was comfortable, the toiletries very nice and we enjoyed the hotel breakfast the next day." While upgrading to a suite is based on availability, it was not available on your visit but the Front Desk honored the next best which was free upgrades to the King bedded rooms with a queen size pullout sofa at no additional cost. This was given to you as you are a valued Hilton Honors Diamond member .
In regard to the "roach like bug", it's known as The brown marmorated stink bug (harmless) which seeks warmth and follows light which are very much an epidemic in the North East. These bugs are found on people walking, on luggages, cars and gain access into homes / hotels from open windows or doors. We sincerely apoogize that one of them got nestled in your room that came into the light when you got to the room. Our Housekeeping team does an exceptional job in cleaning the rooms and all Hilton Hotels including ours,have a mandated preventative pest cleaning program to combat pest/bugs.
I hope that you will give us another chance when your travels bring you back to or through the Gaithersburg area.
Best regards.
Clinton Clarke
Director Of rooms

Been to Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!