“It's what you'd expect” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Ocean City, Maryland
“It's what you'd expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

My wife, dog and cat spent 3 weeks here recently and the facility is typical for a Residence Inn.

A two room suite, this close to DC, for about $150 a night is a bargain. This included a nice hot or cold breakfast each day and a simple evening meal (tacos, meatball subs, burgers/dogs, etc) on Mon, Tues and Wed.

Karen, the manager, is very friendly and helpful, as is her front desk staff. It seems as if Karen tries to get to know each of her guests.

The rooms are clean, but not as clean as you'd find in a full-service Marriott. Many on the housekeeping staff seem to be just going through the motions. Table tops are dusty and there was hair and dust near one of the toilets for our entire stay. I don't think the bathroom floors were ever washed during our 3 weeks. The grounds also need a clean-up. Fast food wrappers, food delivery menus and other trash are all over the parking lot and its sidewalks.

Accessibility alert: There are rooms that are fitted to be wheelchair accessible but the entrances to the buildings, (including one marked "accessible entrance"), aren't. There are no automatic door openers. So, if you're using a wheelchair or a scooter you need to swipe a key card and then quickly back up and pull open the door yourself. I've already mentioned this to Marriott via their app.

All in all, it's a good value with good desk staff, but it could easily be kept cleaner and made more accessible.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Ed T,

It was such a pleasure to have you and your family with us during your stay in December. I hope you found the accommodations we did make helped you enjoy your stay further than expected. You definitely have some great ideas for future guests. We are always looking for new and innovative ideas in regard to accessibilty issues. Please come back and see us soon.
Karen Guinan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'd give this a 3.5 rating if I could. My family and I stayed at this hotel for the first time for 3 nights over Thanksgiving weekend. It is in a good, convenient, safe location. Halls were very quiet. The breakfast offered was ample, and there seemed to be enough room in the sitting area. The noise off the highway adjacent to the property bothered me the first night but not the other 2. The room was very clean and spacious. The three complaints I have are 1 ) The bed was advertised online as a queen but it was not. It was a full. That was a disappointment as I am over 6 feet tall and would have preferred a queen sized bed. The other complaint I had was that the breakfast hours end too soon. The day after Thanksgiving, and breakfast was over at 9. Might work on a typical Friday, but on this day it seems at least an hour too early. The next 2 days it was over by 9:30. Be aware of that if you're the kind of person who likes to eat breakfast later on wekeends. My final complaint was that the room was never cleaned on one of the days we were there. We were gone most of the day and came back to find it had never been touched That should not happen. The man working the front desk was kind enough to offer to come pick up the trash, and I appreciated that. These flaws all seem to be easy fixes, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mike C.,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay while in Gaithersburg. I am so sorry that our bed was not accommodating for your stature. I can understand how this can be a challenge in a hotel with one bed type. My sincerest apologies and if you come back, please let me know and we can see what we can do to make you more comfortable. Thank you once again for your loyalty and we appreciate your business!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had to stay there for a weekend event. Hotel is in a great location, except if you stay by the highway, traffic is loud all night, but that was a minor inconvenience. Breakfast was sensational, and the staff was first class and very helpful. I would definitely stay here again, as the room was outstanding (1 Bedroom Suite).

One minor complaint, and this is why I did not give 5 stars, the garbage was overflowing in the outside garbage cans. It took awhile to clean up, but it just looked bad in the morning until it was taken care of. Other than this minor glitch, the stay was very good and I recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: Don'g get a room on the interstate side
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear bMaver64,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott at Gaithersburg. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the information about the trash cans and your commenst help us to deliver better services to our guests. Please come back soon on your next soccer adventure in our area!

White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Third time staying here. Suites are large, well-kept. Common room has better lighting than the bedrooms.front desk friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast is ample, but sometimes there is not enough seating.

Green Features: Very good about encouraging linens and towels re-use.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear VFresser,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott at Gaithersburg. I am so glad your repeated stays are with us! The reuse program for towels is essential to our Earth and helps save our natural resources in so many ways. We love that you care as well! Please come back and see us soon!

Deptford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

My fiance is here for buisness. He has been here for a year now. There has never been one problem on our part. The staff is amazing & friendly. Its clean & personable. It is a home away from home.

We like the fact that someone always greets you with a smile. Any accomidations are above & beyond. Karen the general manager & Freddie are a pleasure to deal with. The rooms are remodeled & now are in style.

Room Tip: we have a corner room. I look out the window & see the street which makes me feel like I am stay...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Brady D,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott at Gaithersburg. I am so9 please that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the lovely mention in your review. We certainly do appreciate it! Please come back again and see us soon!

Best Regards,
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights while visiting family. Prefer to stay at a suite rather than a hotel room because of the kitchen and extra space. Breakfasts were provided and they were adequate. Check in and check out was painless and efficient, although we requested foam pillows in our reservation which were omitted from their copy of the confirmation. But they very graciously provided them at our request. I did not find the bedding as comfortable as at the last few Marriott's we stayed at. The HVAC unit was noisy whenever it was on.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Dear Mikesflorida,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott at Gaithersburg. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay while away from home. I'm so sorry that you did not sleep well on the new beds. Please let me know if you come back and we will make the adjustments so you will sleep like a baby! I appreciate your feedback and we share all reviews with our staff so we may look for better and more effective ways to make every guest stay exceptional. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and have a wonderful day!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

Overall a great place to stay. Since I am a frequent Marriott customer, I have earned a "Silver Elite" status. I usually get a "Thanks for being a Sliver Elite member" when I check-in at other locations. Not the case here. I asked why, and was told that I was "only" a Silver Elite, so, don't expect any love for "Silver Elite" membership at the check-in counter. Only the Gold and Platinum Elites are acknowledged. The hotel was undergoing some remodeling during my stay, but it didn't really affect the quality of the stay, unless you count the improvements made. Apart from the occasional construction dust here and there, the hotel was clean and tidy. The room was very spacious, modern, and comfortable. Wi-Fi speed was actually pretty good in the room. The desk in the room was well-placed, and large enough to lay out my work and get things done. Having the full-sized fridge and kitchen added a much-needed level of convenience to my stay. The free breakfasts were delicious and filling, and offer a large selection ranging from scrambled eggs, sausages, oatmeal, waffles, fruit, yogurt, and other continental breakfast items. The evening meals were also tasty and filling. I was especially appreciative of Karen who makes sure everyone is well taken care of. One evening I wasn't feeling 100%, so she got me some tea, and a few other little things to help me feel better. I actually felt a little pampered, and that was much appreciated. This hotel has a self-service laundry room that is inexpensive, clean and quick. The hotel location is near a little lake with shopping, dining, and entertainment within walking distance. Really a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lanisi,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Gaithersburg. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are feeling better! A little herbal tea goes a long way! I am also glad that you enjoyed Lorena's dinners and Amparo's breakfasts! They will be thrilled to know how much you enjoyed their cooking! Please come back and see us very soon!
Karen Guinan

Been to Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!