I was moved to this hotel from other hotel that is also owned by Marriott, which is just up the street. The Residence Inn has most of the amenities that you would expect, with the added bonus of a kitchen. I didn't use the kitchen except to make a small pot of coffee, so that wasn't necessary and just took up extra space.
I actually had to switch rooms during my stay, due to a snafu at the front desk. Others in my party also had issues with their rooms, so there may be concerns with proper training of their staff at the front desk.
Note that there is no maid service at this hotel, presumably because it's meant for longer term stays. But that's just a guess. But I was disappointed after a long day sight-seeing, and seeing that the room had not been tidied up.
There is a basketball court that was being regularly used, as well as the swimming pool which looked to be fully functional. The gym has the obligatory equipment so that you can get a decent workout.
Breakfast is what you would expect: sausage biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, fruit, cereal, and a waffle maker. If you leave there hungry, it's no fault of theirs...
This hotel is 50% more expensive than the other Marriott hotel I stayed at the day before, but I had a hard time seeing why. Other than the stove and full size frig, which could easily explain the cost. But there were no drawers to put my clothes into, except the stand holding up the TV. That seemed a little strange. And there was less floor space as well...
If you're looking for a hotel room where you can cook meals in, this will do it, if you're willing to pay the extra price. But if you're not planning on cooking, I'd go a little further up the street and check out the other Marriott. You'll get more bang for your buck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all suite property with full kitchens.Convenient to restaurants and shops in the Washingtonian Center (Rio).Close to many Washington DC, I-270 and Shady Grove Metro station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Hotel Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Residence Inn