I rarely write a review while still staying in a hotel. I usually waited until I check out and then I write it. However, based on what I have experienced and observed this time, I decide to write a review while staying here.
I am a fan of the Marriott brand. When traveling I tried to stay in Marriott hotels as much as possible. Among all the brands that Marriott owns, Residence Inn is my favorite. When I checked into this hotel, the managers greeted me at the front desk immediately. The receptionist was very warm, professional and helpful. They looked like they enjoy being here. The general manager's office is right across the front desk and during my stay here, I rarely saw it closed. You can see the GM sitting inside and I felt like if I have some kind of concern, he is immediately approachable. During breakfast and dinner hour, the GM would approach the guests while they are enjoying the food. It's usually some small talk and ask you if everything is okay. Seeing that you have finished your food, he would even remove the plates for you, so that you can go back to have another serving and do not need to worry about anything else. My experience here is truly enjoyable. If I ever will need to stay in this area in the future, this place would be my first choice.
I do have one minor comment about this hotel. I initially had a negative view about it and later on realized that it really wasn't anyone's intention. My room was on the first floor across from the building with the front desk and dining area. When I walked to my room, I found the hallway very dark and have a spooky feel to it. However, that feeling was gone when the night falls. I then realized that I came here in a hot summer afternoon and when I walked into the hallway on the first floor, my eyes have not adjusted to the darker environment. In the evening then hallway is well-lit. I think mangement might want to know this to see this minor issue can be addressed to make this hotel perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all suite property with full kitchens.Convenient to restaurants and shops in the Washingtonian Center (Rio).Close to many Washington DC, I-270 and Shady Grove Metro station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Hotel Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Residence Inn