“Mangement seriously care about your satisfaction... Seriously.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Berkeley heights, New Jersey, USA
“Mangement seriously care about your satisfaction... Seriously.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I rarely write a review while still staying in a hotel. I usually waited until I check out and then I write it. However, based on what I have experienced and observed this time, I decide to write a review while staying here.
I am a fan of the Marriott brand. When traveling I tried to stay in Marriott hotels as much as possible. Among all the brands that Marriott owns, Residence Inn is my favorite. When I checked into this hotel, the managers greeted me at the front desk immediately. The receptionist was very warm, professional and helpful. They looked like they enjoy being here. The general manager's office is right across the front desk and during my stay here, I rarely saw it closed. You can see the GM sitting inside and I felt like if I have some kind of concern, he is immediately approachable. During breakfast and dinner hour, the GM would approach the guests while they are enjoying the food. It's usually some small talk and ask you if everything is okay. Seeing that you have finished your food, he would even remove the plates for you, so that you can go back to have another serving and do not need to worry about anything else. My experience here is truly enjoyable. If I ever will need to stay in this area in the future, this place would be my first choice.
I do have one minor comment about this hotel. I initially had a negative view about it and later on realized that it really wasn't anyone's intention. My room was on the first floor across from the building with the front desk and dining area. When I walked to my room, I found the hallway very dark and have a spooky feel to it. However, that feeling was gone when the night falls. I then realized that I came here in a hot summer afternoon and when I walked into the hallway on the first floor, my eyes have not adjusted to the darker environment. In the evening then hallway is well-lit. I think mangement might want to know this to see this minor issue can be addressed to make this hotel perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

After an inclement-weather-driven airline odyssey into IAD (with a significant diversion) followed by the usual traffic mess that is VA/MD/DC, we arrived at this property quite weary. In the short time it took for me to check in, Darryl and his staff had me in such a good mood that when I rejoined my husband he asked me what had happened in there :-D.

This was not a fluke. Every interaction with an employee of this property was the same: smiling, happy, helpful. I asked one person where the ice machines were located and she insisted upon getting the ice for me.

I have traveled extensively in business and haven't experienced this kind of enthusiastic hospitality from even the 5-star/ $400+ a night properties.

Room Tip: Third floor away from elevator is the best bet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We truly feel your pain after an arduous travel day (we have all been there).
The main thing we want you to know when you arrive at the Residence Inn Gaithersburg is you can put all that behind you.
No we are not a beach front hotel serving cocktails in the sand.
We are a hotel and staff that prides itself on making the rest of your journey better.
Friendly, caring staff. Good food. Comfortable suites and surroundings are just the start.
Put it all together and you have the "Experience" you mentioned.
Thanks for journeying to our property.
Glad to know the tough travel day melted away and you were able to enjoy your trip.
Your words are so kind and most of all heartfelt - kudo's to you!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great service. We were greeted immediately and with a warm smile. Front desk attendant accompanied me to ensure I knew where my building was and when there was no luggage cart, she went to the other buildings to find one for me.
The unit was clean and well kept, as its to be expected from Marriott. Great location. Easy to get to. Full breakfast.

Room Tip: Try to get it by the elevator and the building entrance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I would say "WOW" but in all honesty I expect my staff to go above and beyond for all our guests, finding and tracking down what you need.
We truly appreciate you letting us know yours (and my expectations) were met and exceeded.
We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable suites such as yours.
Our team will continue to work hard to make this your "Home Away From Home" whenever you stay with us again.
Thanks for your kind words and compliments.
Vestal, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night for a family reunion. Both Andrea and Luis at the front desk were terrific! The breakfast bar was great and a nice pleasant room to relax, reading the morning paper. Our room was very spacious as all Residence Inn's are and you need your key card to enter the building, a nice safety feature. The area around the hotel has nice shopping and restaurants to choose from. But it is a hotel for various school sports teams events in the local area.The kids were noisy in the halls running up and down but I have to say at 11PM it was silent.

Room Tip: when booking a room ask if there will be sports teams staying there if this type of commotion bother...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are so pleased you enjoyed your brief stay.
It is always a sight to behold when loves ones have a chance to hold a reunion.
I am personally proud to read the kudo's heaped upon 2 of my team members for their fabulous service and genuine kindness.
We take guest satisfaction seriously, from the complimentary hot breakfast buffet to a large, comfortable suite.
It is reassuring to know the sports teams staying with us behaved as the night went on and heeded our request to avoid disturbing you and other guests.
See you at the next family reunion.
Sonoma County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was impressed. Early this month I made a reservation in Gaithersburg MD at a nearby hotel, thinking I had made a reservation for this one. This was my first preference, so when I arrived at the front desk Andrea was gracious, made other recommendations and took down my name & number in case their 'booked' status changed. Soon after leaving, Andrea called to say there was a big cancellation and that I could come right over. Luckily, I was able to cancel the other booking, and start fresh at The Residence Inn. She was able to accommodate my special preferences for a room too. I brought in & prepared my own dinner/breakfast & had a very comfortable, restful stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
I truly am grateful for your response.
Knowing that one of my team members went that extra mile to ensure you got to stay at your hotel of choice is so important.
Of course we are all happy to know your choice was our Residence Inn Gaithersburg.
I understand why, hearing you like to prepare your own meals while traveling.
Having a full kitchen in every suite helps make it more homey here.
See you again soon.
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Thanks to this hotel for being very friendly! Radeka and Darrly were very helping with our large group. They were every flexible and patiente with us!! Stay here if you have a larger group. Right by the Rio Entertainment complex make it even better..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate that you choose to have your group stay with us and experienced our fabulous above and beyond customer service.
Our goal is to impress each traveler and it seems we did such with your large group.
Our suites are bigger than a standard hotel room so I am sure such a group enjoyed the extra space, and of course our location is convenient to all the fine restaurants and shops in the area.
We look forward to seeing your group in the near future.
Washington, DC
1,434 helpful votes 1,434 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel is nestled in an upscale residential/business development surrounded by a shopping center with several theatres, good shopping, nice restaurants and a lake. What more can you ask for? The hotel itself is equally nice in terms of upkeep and has a great staff who make you feel right at home. This is a typical Residence Inn, but what makes it a good stay is all the amenities around it so you don't have to drive if you want to go out and do something after a long day of work or a long day of sightseing in DC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Location, location, location.
I could not agree more.
We are in a wonderful area, that is so convenient, with so much to offer - restaurants, shopping, movie theater, etc. within a 5-7 minute walk.
With the beautiful weather we are experiencing our patio by the pool is so relaxing as well.
Thanks for letting us know our staff is fabulous and welcoming and provides the service that makes our property better than being at home.
Come back very soon.

Been to Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!