“Nice hotel, but the staff makes it a great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Wellington, Florida
“Nice hotel, but the staff makes it a great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

After an inclement-weather-driven airline odyssey into IAD (with a significant diversion) followed by the usual traffic mess that is VA/MD/DC, we arrived at this property quite weary. In the short time it took for me to check in, Darryl and his staff had me in such a good mood that when I rejoined my husband he asked me what had happened in there :-D.

This was not a fluke. Every interaction with an employee of this property was the same: smiling, happy, helpful. I asked one person where the ice machines were located and she insisted upon getting the ice for me.

I have traveled extensively in business and haven't experienced this kind of enthusiastic hospitality from even the 5-star/ $400+ a night properties.

Room Tip: Third floor away from elevator is the best bet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We truly feel your pain after an arduous travel day (we have all been there).
The main thing we want you to know when you arrive at the Residence Inn Gaithersburg is you can put all that behind you.
No we are not a beach front hotel serving cocktails in the sand.
We are a hotel and staff that prides itself on making the rest of your journey better.
Friendly, caring staff. Good food. Comfortable suites and surroundings are just the start.
Put it all together and you have the "Experience" you mentioned.
Thanks for journeying to our property.
Glad to know the tough travel day melted away and you were able to enjoy your trip.
Your words are so kind and most of all heartfelt - kudo's to you!

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great service. We were greeted immediately and with a warm smile. Front desk attendant accompanied me to ensure I knew where my building was and when there was no luggage cart, she went to the other buildings to find one for me.
The unit was clean and well kept, as its to be expected from Marriott. Great location. Easy to get to. Full breakfast.

Room Tip: Try to get it by the elevator and the building entrance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I would say "WOW" but in all honesty I expect my staff to go above and beyond for all our guests, finding and tracking down what you need.
We truly appreciate you letting us know yours (and my expectations) were met and exceeded.
We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable suites such as yours.
Our team will continue to work hard to make this your "Home Away From Home" whenever you stay with us again.
Thanks for your kind words and compliments.
Vestal, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night for a family reunion. Both Andrea and Luis at the front desk were terrific! The breakfast bar was great and a nice pleasant room to relax, reading the morning paper. Our room was very spacious as all Residence Inn's are and you need your key card to enter the building, a nice safety feature. The area around the hotel has nice shopping and restaurants to choose from. But it is a hotel for various school sports teams events in the local area.The kids were noisy in the halls running up and down but I have to say at 11PM it was silent.

Room Tip: when booking a room ask if there will be sports teams staying there if this type of commotion bother...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are so pleased you enjoyed your brief stay.
It is always a sight to behold when loves ones have a chance to hold a reunion.
I am personally proud to read the kudo's heaped upon 2 of my team members for their fabulous service and genuine kindness.
We take guest satisfaction seriously, from the complimentary hot breakfast buffet to a large, comfortable suite.
It is reassuring to know the sports teams staying with us behaved as the night went on and heeded our request to avoid disturbing you and other guests.
See you at the next family reunion.
Sonoma County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was impressed. Early this month I made a reservation in Gaithersburg MD at a nearby hotel, thinking I had made a reservation for this one. This was my first preference, so when I arrived at the front desk Andrea was gracious, made other recommendations and took down my name & number in case their 'booked' status changed. Soon after leaving, Andrea called to say there was a big cancellation and that I could come right over. Luckily, I was able to cancel the other booking, and start fresh at The Residence Inn. She was able to accommodate my special preferences for a room too. I brought in & prepared my own dinner/breakfast & had a very comfortable, restful stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
I truly am grateful for your response.
Knowing that one of my team members went that extra mile to ensure you got to stay at your hotel of choice is so important.
Of course we are all happy to know your choice was our Residence Inn Gaithersburg.
I understand why, hearing you like to prepare your own meals while traveling.
Having a full kitchen in every suite helps make it more homey here.
See you again soon.
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Thanks to this hotel for being very friendly! Radeka and Darrly were very helping with our large group. They were every flexible and patiente with us!! Stay here if you have a larger group. Right by the Rio Entertainment complex make it even better..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate that you choose to have your group stay with us and experienced our fabulous above and beyond customer service.
Our goal is to impress each traveler and it seems we did such with your large group.
Our suites are bigger than a standard hotel room so I am sure such a group enjoyed the extra space, and of course our location is convenient to all the fine restaurants and shops in the area.
We look forward to seeing your group in the near future.
Washington, DC
1,979 helpful votes 1,979 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel is nestled in an upscale residential/business development surrounded by a shopping center with several theatres, good shopping, nice restaurants and a lake. What more can you ask for? The hotel itself is equally nice in terms of upkeep and has a great staff who make you feel right at home. This is a typical Residence Inn, but what makes it a good stay is all the amenities around it so you don't have to drive if you want to go out and do something after a long day of work or a long day of sightseing in DC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Location, location, location.
I could not agree more.
We are in a wonderful area, that is so convenient, with so much to offer - restaurants, shopping, movie theater, etc. within a 5-7 minute walk.
With the beautiful weather we are experiencing our patio by the pool is so relaxing as well.
Thanks for letting us know our staff is fabulous and welcoming and provides the service that makes our property better than being at home.
Come back very soon.
Cherryville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

While not perfect, the rooms are neat and clean. (Yes, even in the corners and under the beds.) Breakfasts and dinners are basic, but varied and tasty. The location is very convenient for my work assignment. However, it's the staff that makes this Residence Inn a cut above. They take their host responsibilities to the highest level. Always pleasant, cheerful, caring, engaged and supportive, this team makes your stay feel like coming home. You can count on an efficient check-in and attention to detail (like preferring the third floor or a mat to make the bed softer). Repeat stays are a treat. This staff actually remembers you as a person.

As far as I'm concerned, this hotel sets the bar.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
You have provided what I consider the perfect compliment.
We made your stay feel like a "home away from home".
It is such a bonus to hear "it's the staff that makes this Residence Inn a cut above".
Our focus is to make our guests happy and comfortable while they are away from home.
We am firm believers in providing the best service to our guests, each and every day, because while you are here you are family.
Thanks for making our property you home at times.

Been to Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!