We always stay at Marriotts, if we can, because of the comfort of the beds, and Residence Inns by preference because of the full kitchens. This Residence Inn is just not up to the Marriott standards.
On the plus side, the staff are excellent and the place is clean. On the negative side, these beds are so hard that my husband and I are in agony. Furthermore, there are only queen-sized beds in the rooms in the 2-bedroom suite. Every other Residence Inn we've stayed in offered us king-sized beds.
My biggest beef, and deal killer, is that they only allow 3 internet-abled devices per room. Our two-bedroomed suite (that sleeps SIX), counts as ONE room. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered. Travelers today travel with a minimum of 2 internet-connected devices (a laptop, a smartphone and often a tablet). Our family of four requires connections for 4 laptops, 2 ipods, 2 smartphones and an iPad.
I had to call a 1-800 number to get just one more connection. They would not provide connections for the mobile devices. Apparently limit has been set by this hotel.
Once I got my laptop connected, my daughter's laptop was booted, so I had to call once again. This time, I spoke to a very "snotty" person on the help desk who finally got my daughter's laptop connected. No smartphones or tablets were allowed to be connected.
It is important to know that this system logs IP addresses, so if you initially connect with three smartphones, you will not be able to connect with any of your other devices without jumping through hoops. Bad luck if you are not a Marriott Rewards member. The help desk person too pains to tell me that the only reason they were allowing us a 4th device was because a) the front desk authorized it and b) we were Marriott Rewards members.
I struggle to see a hotel can attempt to gain business traffic with this strange 3-device rule. A rule that doesn't even allow every guest in a suite to be able to connect to the net.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all suite property with full kitchens.Convenient to restaurants and shops in the Washingtonian Center (Rio).Close to many Washington DC, I-270 and Shady Grove Metro station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Hotel Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Residence Inn