You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Professional Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 (Formerly StudioPlus Gaithersburg)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
“Gets the job done!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

Okay so if you must stay at an extended stay for any period, I would strongly suggest this one. Not for it's cleanliness or location. There's only 1 reason I was able to survive my two months here and that was due to one outstanding lady at the front desk Meriam! She is very attentive to your needs as a guest. I am mother of 3 and she would run any toiletry or amenity item to my room in such a timely fashion. If I had any sort of maintenance issue she would have it resolved or taken care of by the end of the business day. She is the best thing that this hotel has to offer! Always going above and beyond her requires duties. Truly a lifesaver when I was going threw such a hard transitioning time with the kids. If you stay here be sure to treat her very nicely.

Stayed January 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, February 2, 2015
Mary - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the way our staff was able to provide great customer service, and also letting us know you enjoyed your time staying with us. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

It was a little pricey, but, the service and staff were the best! A special shoutout to Miriam at the front desk, who made our stay there so pleasent. My only complaint was the awful smells coming from some of the rooms on our floor. Other than that it was convenient. Thanks again to the awesome staff there.

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the service provided by our great staff. Still, I apologize that you experienced an unpleasant odor during your visit. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review your comments to ensure this is properly addressed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

Mariam was an outstanding receptionist at the front desk of Extended Stay hotel. She was ALWAYS very kind, positive, and always greeted you with a warm, sincere smile. I was also quite impressed with her courteous, genuine, and professional manner. I consider myself a people person and love meeting people who are authentic and sincere in their dealings with others!
Kimone and Cece, were awesome as well! I recall having conversations with them that went from one topic to another and feeling as if you were talking to an old friend. I think it's quite impressive to come across a few good individuals in a professional setting that has the natural ability to connect with their guests in a kindred manner.
I am now writing this review as I have recently become aware of this website and wanted others to know the outstanding service I received from an outstanding staff!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, January 26, 2015
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the wonderful customer service our staff provided you. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another great stay in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

I will start by saying the hotel needs a renovation desperately, and will not focus on how filthy the sofas and carpet are here. I titled my stay here based truly on one person - Mariram the front desk manager is amazing. My wife and I stayed here for three weeks, and I can not name a morning that this girl worked and did not have a smile on her face and welcoming everyone from guests to Co workers to delivery staff, always upbeat and pleasant. Beyond being pleasant she is the only one that will take on your issue and ENSURE and FOLLOW UP to resolve it ! We upon check out offered her to come work for our company -lucky Extended Stay to have such an amazing hard working girl on your team, she makes you forget all the issues you are having in the room with her genuine and pleasant demeanor!

• Stayed November 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, December 30, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the great customer service you had while staying with us; however, I am so sorry to read of the cleanliness issues you experienced with the carpet and sofa. In response to your review, I will be working with my housekeeping staff to ensure that we are properly deep cleaning our carpets and sofas. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Truthfully the front desk lady Cecelia was the single lady that made my trip worth wild she looked up and gave me step by step directions to get where I need to go bc I have never used the metro before it's 1000% better then this quality inn in Myerstown Pa that I moved to!

• Stayed March 2014
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

In Gaithersburg for business. Wanted a smoking room. Got the room online.
Upon arrival, no smoking room. And being charged more than confirmation email. Being told I had to pay online upon reserving to get internet price.

When I get a confirmation email about room and price, I expect to get what the email says.
Since this hotel is the extended stay, I can tolerate that rooms change because people decide to stay. But I DO expect the price to be what the email says.

I don't blame the hotel staff for no smoking room, that to me is more a web site issue.
Went online, read TripAdvisor reviews, noticed Mariam's name. Waited until morning. Mariam took care of the price, apologized for the mismatch in the room. She tried to get a smoking room, but when there isn't any, there isn't any.

The room itself was fine. Spacious, clean. Bring your own shampoo. This hotel just doesn't fit my needs, so I won't stay here again.

I am giving 5 for service, because Miriam fixed what she could, and REALLY tried to get a smoking room.

Room Tip: If you need a smoking room, call and make sure they have one.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that Mariam provided you with such exceptional service. I will be sure to share your comments with her, and the rest of our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Me and my wife stayed here for months while on business, it can get a little chaotic on the weekends but otherwise pretty quite. Rooms need serious updates, carpet and sofas have major wear and tear. they have a okay breakfast its really not much but has a full kitchen which was a plus for us being here for so long. Cici is a great friendly office staff, Kiko is always pleasant and hard working , and Maryam is the girl that runs the show here and the only employee that ever has a clue ever about whats going on, and takes the time to show she cares, always cheery and just a beautiful girl. These were our all time favorite employees and friends over the months we were there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South

Address: 201 Professional Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 (Formerly StudioPlus Gaithersburg)
Location: United States > Maryland > Gaithersburg
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.