Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Professional Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 (Formerly StudioPlus Gaithersburg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Miami Beach, Florida
“We liked it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Me and my wife stayed here for months while on business, it can get a little chaotic on the weekends but otherwise pretty quite. Rooms need serious updates, carpet and sofas have major wear and tear. they have a okay breakfast its really not much but has a full kitchen which was a plus for us being here for so long. Cici is a great friendly office staff, Kiko is always pleasant and hard working , and Maryam is the girl that runs the show here and the only employee that ever has a clue ever about whats going on, and takes the time to show she cares, always cheery and just a beautiful girl. These were our all time favorite employees and friends over the months we were there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stay away from this filthy hotel, manager manuel he doesn;t know how to treat guest , front desk staff always friendly nice location although the rooms were a complete disaster hair in bathtub hair and stains in bed linen stained bathtowels a big no no stay away from this hotel there are plenty of hotels in the area

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I normally don't leave reviews, but I must say after our stay of several weeks at this property, I am impressed with the phenomenal customer service Miariam provides to all her guests day in , day out. We can tell the days when she is working, the mornings she is there the hallways smell fresh, the lobby is freshly vacummed, breakfast is in order, and all we see is her smiling face greeting everyone with such positive and friendly attitude. Every time I have had an issue, she makes sure it gets resolved, and takes the time to call and follow up and ensure everything is satisfactory. Besides being amazing at what she does, she is definitely a gorgeous woman. Now about the hotel, itself we do like it , the staff is friendly, they need a paint job, some new carpet in rooms, new sofas, and better variety of channels, or better tv services anytime before it rains or snows the cable is out!! That part really is a major negative, and the WI FI is slow beyond belief, a inconvenience on days I have to work from home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding Mariam, she is indeed a valuable member of our team. We appreciate all the feedback regarding our rooms as well. We are currently undergoing renovations and hope that you'll see the improvements in all aspects of our hotel during your next visit with us.

Laurel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Based on the reviews I had read, this place was portrayed as a dump. But it actually wasn't as bad as the reviews state. Also if trying to determine what hotel you get on priceline by looking at reviews and star ratings, don't confuse this hotel with the one directly next store. The one next store has been fully renovated and is a higher star level. That is what happened to me I thought I would be getting the fully renovated hotel. It looks like they have done some renovations as the lobby and the hallways look fairly new. And the wood flooring in the kitchen and bathroom area in room looks new. They still need to replace the stained furniture and carpeting in the room. The kitchen was clean, but I didn't use it as I was not comfortable using the kitchen utensils, plates, and pots. You just never know how housekeeping goes about cleaning these items or what others have done when using the items. So I just stuck to cold and microwavable food, and purchased my own plastic wear. There was a smell on my floor and I not sure if it was someones cooking or if it was just a strange smell of the hotel, but you could only smell it in the hallway not in the room, thankfully. There are limited channels available on the TV. The bedding was thin and cheap, but adequate. The towels wear hard and scratchy. Water pressure was good, and the hot water stayed hot. The internet was low speed, so when streaming TV shows online, they kept freezing so that was annoying. The Grab and Go breakfast wasn't adeqate for me the only thing I could find that I would eat was a granola bar and it was a small bar. The fruit was badly bruised and I think that was all that was available. During check-in I had to wait for about 15-20 for the attendant to return to the desk. No apologies from him for the wait. Not as long of a wait during check-out, but still a wait. I have never been to a hotel were the attendant is allowed to leave the front desk area just because. I could see if they were attending to a guest, but they were not. Parking was plentiful. Overrall the hotel was adequate, but it was well below what I am used to in a hotel. Thereful, I will never bid on a 1* room on Priceline, and I would not purposely plan to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Robert W, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the new hotel manager here at the Extended Stay Gaithersburg South. I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor. I truly do appreciate your honest comments and perceptions. You have my sincerest apologies that everything was not quite to your liking, and that there was some confusion regarding Priceline's booking placement. As you have noticed we have begun some renovations and will be undergoing a complete renovation like our sister property next door in the very near future. Please rest assured that I will be following up with my front desk guest service representatives in regards to any prolonged absences from their station. I really hope that you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future when in the area.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely;

Robert Whaley
Hotel Manager
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel has a very convenient location, its clean and attractive, has coffee and fruit, and unlike many Extended Stay Hotels, it has a fitness center. There are also trails in the woods that begin just two blocks from the door. But most importantly, the staff will go above and beyond to help the guest. When we accidentally put in the wrong date when we booked our reservation with Priceline, Priceline would not correct this mistake for us without charging additional money (and lots of hassle), but Manuel at Extended Stay would. Even though we booked through Priceline, he changed the dates to the correct ones for us at no extra charge. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel staff. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotel accommodations and our fitness center . Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Seoul
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The room furniture is so old. The couch covers are very dirty. The carpets are very old and smells very bad. The ventilation fan in the bathroom makes very big noise. We got bug bites on bed. We had to change our room during our stay. We will never stay at Extended Stay America again.

Room Tip: We really need to check the reputation of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the conditions of the room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we will continue improving our facilities moving forward. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mmendoza@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

this hotel has an amazing staff really ! They hotel itself is in dying need of renovations, but everyone from managemnet to housekeeping to maintenance to front desk are beyond professional and customer service oriented. they follow up if you have a problem, they handle it , rooms are clean, staff is always willing to help. I truly enjoyed our stay here, we were traeted kindly everytime we approached the desk they were swamped with phone calls, guest issues, but they always maintained a great attitude, and always offered a solution. I was impressed with the geat amazing staff at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
The staff and I read your review and would like to thank you for writing such great comments about our Great Customer Service. I am proud of our team for making you feel that we CARE about our guests. We are in the process of updating our hotel accommodations. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South

Address: 201 Professional Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 (Formerly StudioPlus Gaithersburg)
Location: United States > Maryland > Gaithersburg
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.